12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No matter what kind of leather they find, they have to weather it a whole lot more than what was shown in the proto.

https://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/Comic_Con_2008/large/hr_Comic-Con_2008_49.jpg

The more I look at this, the more I think "meh". Not a fan of the jacket, and while posing would be more limited, I kinda wish the head and neck were one piece - at least that way the stubble could continue down onto the neck a little and make it look a little more natural. That paint job is still hiding the Ford in the sculpt.

Awesome, looks like they'll be offering an idol pedistal :rock

https://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/Comic_Con_2008/large/hr_Comic-Con_2008_49.jpg

The more I look at this, the more I think "meh". Not a fan of the jacket, and while posing would be more limited, I kinda wish the head and neck were one piece - at least that way the stubble could continue down onto the neck a little and make it look a little more natural. That paint job is still hiding the Ford in the sculpt.

The trade-off with the Hot Toy's style head is that it looks like crap from this angle. That's why HT always shoots their photos from certain flattering angles. But there are a lot of advantages to it as well. And what little I can see of the paint job in that washed out picture actually looks pretty good.

SDCC08-SSCIndy-04.jpg

Trev :rock

I'm probably just too picky but I'm still not as excited about this as I want to be. The beard looks too heavy to me, and I think the whites of his eyes need to be whiter (watching Raiders last night, I noticed just how white those parts of Ford's eyes are, or maybe it's just a contrast to him having a deeper tan?)

The Photoshop painted version of the headsculpt they showed ages ago somehow emphasised that very, very slight smirk that is in the sculpt...I really wish they could bring that out again; this Indy has the exact same stunned look on his face of "Snakes, why did it have to be snakes"

I thought they were going to be painting necks? I don't like the naked plastic leading up to a painted headsculpt. But, still something I can live with.

The addition of Belloq and the Idol Environment made me go back on the WL for this.

Unfortunately, my guess is Indy is the prototype. SSC has Clone Wars Obi-Wan production sample on display and he has the Hobbit/Hot Toys style head material with no skin paint, just material, and Indy looks like typical SSC proto paint job, so my guess is no Prod sample of him ready for the show, which could mean he's still not coming for a bit.

The face looks a little too wide, and the beard too heavy, but overall it looks like Ford so I'm glad I have it on order.

The face looks a little too wide, and the beard too heavy, but overall it looks like Ford so I'm glad I have it on order.

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread or not... but it looks like figures on the new bodies are getting heads cast in color; like Frodo and Sam. So its possible that Indy will be the same... if thats the case we could see something much better coming out way.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the Prometheus neck. It makes the head look oversized. I wish they had kept the old neck post. Even if you get more possibility, it does nothing for me.

I thought they were going to be painting necks? I don't like the naked plastic leading up to a painted headsculpt. But, still something I can live with.

Yeah that does look a little odd but....if this is the prod piece we're seeing, I'm liking it....

Yeah that does look a little odd but....if this is the prod piece we're seeing, I'm liking it....

I'm thinking it isn't because of the difference in appearance between the head and neck. Clone Wars Obi-Wan Production head is cast in flesh tone and matches his neck, so my guess is Indy is still the Prototype. That and the paint apps look a bit more detailed than any production figure I've seen.

Back