12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You obviously don't know the type of event SDCC is then. This is where companies make their big splashes.

I'm personally expecting nothing 1/6 of SDCC and minimal expectation of other lines, all the more surprise whatever comes, but I didn't think last year was a strong as previous year's cons.

Oh, I'm well aware of what SDCC is. I'm just not as optimistic about the size of this line as some other people are.

I'm personally expecting nothing 1/6 of SDCC and minimal expectation of other lines, all the more surprise whatever comes, but I didn't think last year was a strong as previous year's cons.

You expect nothing 1:6th at SDCC? I'm just the opposite.

You expect nothing 1:6th at SDCC? I'm just the opposite.

Not absolutely nothing, but not much either. If they have a half dozen new figures accross all their lines I'll be surprised. Again, I'm just not setting myself up, I'm all for being surprised with a ^^^^ storm, but last year there was hardly any new 1/6 figures from Sideshow, I can't remember what Star Wars offering was first shown off their, and I know Hobbits were it for LOTR.

Josh, Sean is intentionally dissuading his expectations. Kind of like staying spoiler free before a premier.

I'd say a good half dozen or so across all the lines would be fine. Well, the SW figures I ordered at SDCC last year where Bespin Luke and Padme and the Medicom Maul for 1:6th.

I'd say a good half dozen or so across all the lines would be fine.

I'd say twice that should happen for the non-SW lines to look healthy. There should be 2-3 LOTR, 2-3 Indy, 2-3 G.I. Joe, and 2-3 Star Wars to be a solid 1/6 offering as a company. I'm guessing 2-3 SW is almost certain, 2 LOTR only if it's Merry and Pippin elswise probably 1, no new Joe figures, and probably like 1 new Indy piece.

I'd say twice that should happen for the non-SW lines to look healthy. There should be 2-3 LOTR, 2-3 Indy, 2-3 G.I. Joe, and 2-3 Star Wars to be a solid 1/6 offering as a company. I'm guessing 2-3 SW is almost certain, 2 LOTR only if it's Merry and Pippin elswise probably 1, no new Joe figures, and probably like 1 new Indy piece.

I'll see your bet and I'll raise you--

LOTR
the Hobbits (Merry and Pippin) AND at least one villain (quite possibly Saruman)

INDY
TLC Indy with motorcycle and sidecare and a Henry Jones Sr. PLUS a TOD Indy with ripped shirt and machete... PLUS one villain (either Toth or Mola Ram)

G.I.JOE
Cobra Commander PLUS one Joe (either Duke, Scarlett, or Roadblock)

STAR WARS
Darth Vader
CHewbacca (yes I typed that)
Droids (I'm loonie)
AND
a 1/6 Millenium Falcon c_o_c_k_pit environment

Of course there'll only really be a couple of imports and a Marvel bobblehead.:banghead:banghead:banghead

I think we'll see 2-3 new LOTR both hobbits and say Saruman. I still think Gimli is bit off from happening. I think 2-3 Indy figures is quite a possibility as well. Especially with a delay in the first figure. GI Joe I could see one someone liek Cobra Commander. Vaders gonna happen and I figure we'll see an armored figure like a Clone.

A clone is probably a safe bet seeing as they already have almost all of the parts made for Obi-Wan.

Altough I am disappointed with these production delays, I think that this does not add up to the end of this line. There is still interest in the original movies, though the momentum that could have been generated by KOTCS has been squandered. I think that there are still plenty of Indy fans out there who will support this line. I am one of them.:whip

That Medi Indy and Henry will be out in August before Sideshow Indy.

Oh yeah, I saw that too, laughed, rolled my eyes, accepted that Sideshow has likely decided that they won't jump into INDY with both feet, shrugged my shoulders, and moved on.

At least I can still spend my INDY collectible dollars on other products.

Shockingly, I'm now boldly predicting that the infamous, mythical Takara figure will probably still ship before Sideshow's.

Seeing the Koto Indy box, I'm very confident that Sideshow's packaging is going to have to use the same graphics, it seems the same rules of the Star Wars 30th artwork with high end manufacturers will carry over for Indy as well and we'll get something like this.

indy_box.jpg

Back