1/6 Hot Toys - PPS002 - Iron Man Mk XXXV Red Snapper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, just got the e-mail. Goddamnit BBTS, what happened to beating Sideshows prices by $10-15 when you put **** up?

At least theres no NRD, so I'll order it now, just to see better pictures later.

I think Sideshow is cracking down on discounts from their retail affiliates and BBTS is one. I am betting they get their Hot Toys product through Sideshow.

I think Sideshow is cracking down on discounts from their retail affiliates and BBTS is one. I am betting they get their Hot Toys product through Sideshow.

I originally thought they had their own source, which they may very well have various sources, but after I read this posted in the listing for HT Samurai Predator, I am beginning to think they do get most of their HT's from SSC.

"NOTE - We are aware of the issue concerning the coloring on the decapitated head that comes with this statue. We have received the following response from Sideshow (the official Hot Toys distributor) which seems to indicate that the coloring is correct and is meant to be somewhat random. "

Well, that's me out. I would have been interested at $200 or so. But $250 just feels like too much. I know the reality of prices rising yadda yadda. But at the end of the day, it just makes me think I should double down on only the major armors.

If the legs are fully articulated why not just make the arms articulated as well? for over 250 those claws should be retractable. I caved on the diecast figures but I don't think I can swallow this.

yowza, that's kinda expensive for a PPS figure..hope my local ht supplier can get in a cheaper price :pray:

I actually like this for some reason but I think i will wait and see what Igor and Heartbreaker look like before deciding. They should both be out in the next couple of weeks.

People complained that the PPS is just a glorified statue. So HT decided to make it more articulated and hike the price up all the while still being less articulated than an MMS

So you're basically paying for an MMS with less features and less articulation :slap :lol

People complained that the PPS is just a glorified statue. So HT decided to make it more articulated and hike the price up all the while still being less articulated than an MMS

So you're basically paying for an MMS with less features and less articulation :slap :lol

Yea but I bet an MMS would cost even more. And the days of 200 MMS Iron Men are behind us.

I really wish they would stick to one line. I'll be honest and say, I'm looking forward to the entire line of Marks. However, 42 Marks of 1/6, 1/4, or future 1:2 scales, and Power Pose will not work. lol
I'd rather have all of them at 1/4 scales or 1/6 scales. This figure definitely doesn't justify $250+ dollars since it's not a fully articulated figure. The most this figure should sell at is: $180.00 tops! However, I'm guilty for placing the pre-order on BBTS. We'll see if they make a 1/6 MMS on this figure. If they do, I'll swap the order.

So it's not really a MMS and it's not diecast, but costs as much as a MMS figure. Pass for me, the only IM3 figure on my list is still the MK42 only.

I originally thought they had their own source, which they may very well have various sources, but after I read this posted in the listing for HT Samurai Predator, I am beginning to think they do get most of their HT's from SSC.

"NOTE - We are aware of the issue concerning the coloring on the decapitated head that comes with this statue. We have received the following response from Sideshow (the official Hot Toys distributor) which seems to indicate that the coloring is correct and is meant to be somewhat random. "

Any reseller in the US gets their Hot Toys figures from Sideshow, they are the only US distributor right now and have been for a while. But they do pay heavily discounted prices...

and lo does the bubble stretch thinner.

250? at that price, this should just have been a full on MMs figure.

255px-Bf3-nope.jpg

so...what is the points on this that make it fall into the PPS line over an MMS?

I'm assuming that there's several reason why they didn't make it a MMS. I'm sure that one reason is it would have a $300+ price tag if it was and they probably figure that most people won't go for such an obscure suit for that kind of price.

And since it is obscure I bet this and some of the other suits will sell out fast like Fury & Hawkeye because they won't be over produced.

Any reseller in the US gets their Hot Toys figures from Sideshow, they are the only US distributor right now and have been for a while. But they do pay heavily discounted prices...

Sideshow is the main Hot Toys importer in the country but my buddy who runs a local shop says you can go direct with Hot Toys. He says while he could get it cheaper than he's getting it thru Sideshow with his wholesale discount that it's a whole different ball game. He'd have to deal with customs and pick-up and all this other crap. At the end of the day he said that it's not worth all the extra legwork and just sticks with SS

I'm assuming that there's several reason why they didn't make it a MMS. I'm sure that one reason is it would have a $300+ price tag if it was and they probably figure that most people won't go for such an obscure suit for that kind of price.

And since it is obscure I bet this and some of the other suits will sell out fast like Fury & Hawkeye because they won't be over produced.

I completely agree with you , I think most people are overlooking this . We will see how much the Igor MMS goes for but I have a feeling it would be around that price point. Even with it being PPS it seems to be a fairly solid figure IMO. I am interested to see what they do with this line.

so...what is the points on this that make it fall into the PPS line over an MMS?

Power Pose Series is basically a statue with change out parts (arm or whatever) to achieve a different pose but it isn't a fully articulated figure like the MMS or DX. But this is only the second one that they revealed and were already seeing a change in the game plan. This one has much more articulation than the MK 42 PPS but not has much as a MMS/DX with a $90 higher tag. So it sounds like not even HT knows what these PPS's are supposed to be :lol

Back