1/6 Hot Toys - PPS002 - Iron Man Mk XXXV Red Snapper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I completely agree with you , I think most people are overlooking this . We will see how much the Igor MMS goes for but I have a feeling it would be around that price point. Even with it being PPS it seems to be a fairly solid figure IMO. I am interested to see what they do with this line.

I'm interested in seeing too. It really feels like they don't know what to do with it. Both PPS so far are very far off from each other in price and posability so I don't know what the goal is for this line

And lot of people seem upset at the materials, relative cost, and acronyms of these figures. For me, I just try not to get hung up on such things. If I like the figure and I feel it's worth my hard earned cash then I will buy it. Inflation surely sucks but it's gonna happen. From the lineups I have been seeing at the Hot Toys store, nothing seems to indicate a change. The reason why the prices are going up is because the demand has increased due to good marketing. I'm pretty sure the days when we could grab a hot toy for cheap are gone cos these guys are no longer a specialized hobbyists product but have gotten pretty mainstream. As sad as it sounds I'm pretty sure that we the members of this forum represent but a tiny portion of the buyers and there are many others who don't exercise the same discretion as us when making a purchase. Simple economics of demand and supply.

I also don't understand why people are naturally assuming that the quality of the diecast models are worse. I have seen all the new products up close and they look pretty darn good even for prototypes. Also where is the 40 percent metal being thrown around this forum sourced? I asked my guy at the hot toys store and he told me 50 percent? Just curious...

I will be passing on this figure, too many good armors yet to be launched! However, the quality of this figure far surpasses that of the PI in its current state. I can see many differences between the two, many more than even listed before. Impressive for a smaller model to show so much more detail than the larger one. PI needs to step up their game or risk being relegated before they even set a good foothold.

Last edited:
I'm interested in seeing too. It really feels like they don't know what to do with it. Both PPS so far are very far off from each other in price and posability so I don't know what the goal is for this line

yea it started out seeming like just a koto style statue thing. Now im not sure where they are going. But im open to something new.

And if we were never gonna get an MMS of Redsnapper im glad we at least got this PPS. If they start doing MMS of the PPS stuff then I will have more questions

The questions about exactly how different the PPS line is to the MMS line has been blurried even more with this release. It appears to be much closer to an MMS with articulation and options than the Mark XLII PPS.

god peeps, this debate would be over if people would just look at the specs. the power pose series has LIMITED articulation. the specs on the ss website say 15 points....that's it!

This hobby has definitely drawn the line between those who can afford to collect and those who shouldn't collect.

Can't wait til Hot Toys tries to sell a collectible Soap on a Rope.

This is certainly not worth the price point to me.

This figure has less than half articulation that an MMS so you are limited on movement and posing. If this figure goes for over $250.00, I can imagine a MMS version for over $350.00.

god peeps, this debate would be over if people would just look at the specs. the power pose series has LIMITED articulation. the specs on the ss website say 15 points....that's it!

:lol right we get that but the the Redsnapper seems to fall in the middle of the 42 PPS and a regular figure. Not knowing what this line is supposed to be is what the convo is about :wink1:

iWTAZpwSscG1D.gif

$280 in Aus...

seeing the movie tonight, will make a choice tomorrow :p

but hey... things like the Stealth/Secret project versions of the existing armours attract interest and they're just repaints!

Back