1/6 Hot Toys - PPS002 - Iron Man Mk XXXV Red Snapper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the ****ty look the diecast has given to the Mark 42 that's putting me off that particular figure. Personally price isn't a factor for me, if I like something then I'll buy it regardless of the cost (within reason)

I personally like the look of the diecast figures so far and pretty much have faith that HT will improve faults as they tend to do. I too am with you if I want it I will buy it with in reason. But until we have the new lines in hand i still feel its unfair to blame them as the issue.

Meh- fancy but does zilch for me...seriously how many of you saying this is a buy really have considered all the other armors yet to come.....I think this time Ht has gone of the deep end on this but to each his own....

As much as ht's increasing their prices sucks i'm really getting tired of SSC and their stupid pre-order deposits.
It's gotten to where you can't pre-order anything from SS without paying a stupid deposit.

I feel the same way. That's why if a piece is not an exclussive I tend to buy from BBTS. Hopefully once the put this up, for PO it will be a little cheaper! :pray:

As much as ht's increasing their prices sucks i'm really getting tired of SSC and their stupid pre-order deposits.
It's gotten to where you can't pre-order anything from SS without paying a stupid deposit.

Pure greed in my opinion...I won't deposit at all- a sure way for them to get cash no matter what you do once it comes out. POing used to be easy and a great thing now it's just all about getting some money upfront- and we are not talking $5 or $10...

What grinds my gears is that they're saying that this piece is worth more than:

Mark I 2.0
Mark II AU
Mark VI
Which is some of their best work, imo.

Yes, this is a nice piece but seriously come on.

I feel the same way. That's why if a piece is not an exclussive I tend to buy from BBTS. Hopefully once the put this up, for PO it will be a little cheaper! :pray:

BBTS is my plan as well if I decide to order this one. Sideshow's deposits are definitely wearing thin with me.

These still look like great figures IMO. Isnt the price what is upsetting most people?

Reading through the thread a lot were interested in the Redsnapper before the price announcement. Even if these were MMS releases they wont be at the price people want anymore.

I think its slightly unfair to blame it on Power Pose or Diecast at the moment. More then anything its the current HT price point that hurts people

Speaking for me alone, the PPS was meant to be a line of cheap statue like figures, which this isn't, it's more like a basic MMS figure and their pricing it as such so why not just put it as a MMS and do a little extra work with a few working pistons etc. then people will be a bit happier about the price imo, because atm it's not what we're use to but it's at the same price point (actually higher than the MK VII). They've skimped on detail but just having it all as mold into sections instead of layered pieces like flaps, pistons, etc. It feels like their trying to give us an inferior product and charge more. All just my opinions on this figure.

With die-cast it's just a terrible material to make collectible figures from, all the joint tolerances have to be increased to prevent chipping meaning all the area's around joints have big gaps, killing the realism in some ways. Then the detail isn't as sharp, it looks soft across several areas of the 42 and in some on the IP as well. Another things is that you can't get sharp crisp edges like with plastics, as it will either damage the figure during movement or be softened and lost with the layers of paint and protection. I can't think of a single advantage to die-cast that improves on these figures making them worth the extra money. It's a gimmick, a reason to charge extra and that alone.

But i have nothing against the people who like it and will buy it, it's a great looking suit and people will want to represent it in their collection and the only way to do that in 1/6 is with Hot Toys, i just don't feel the figure is worth buying as i won't be happy with it. And tbh it's not even about the price for me, i've spent triple that on other stuff, it's that the die-cast has ruined the look of the figure for me and the PPS of it is rubbish.

Just my views on the new lines, if a die-cast comes out that is great quality fit and finish wise my opinions may change on it but for now it's a money grabbing tactic in my view.

What gets me is this suit going to have more than 90 seconds of screen time???

Wow that's a hefty price tag for a PPS. It seems like is closer to a full articulated figure than the 42 PPS, but still. I know that they have a few of the other suits slated already but how many armors are they going to make?!?!?

For my own collection I'm drawing the line at the MK VII. one of these other suits from IM 3 is REALLY going to have to impress me to put ANOTHER Iron Man fig in my collection.

Speaking for me alone, the PPS was meant to be a line of cheap statue like figures, which this isn't, it's more like a basic MMS figure and their pricing it as such so why not just put it as a MMS and do a little extra work with a few working pistons etc. then people will be a bit happier about the price imo, because atm it's not what we're use to but it's at the same price point (actually higher than the MK VII). They've skimped on detail but just having it all as mold into sections instead of layered pieces like flaps, pistons, etc. It feels like their trying to give us an inferior product and charge more. All just my opinions on this figure.

With die-cast it's just a terrible material to make collectible figures from, all the joint tolerances have to be increased to prevent chipping meaning all the area's around joints have big gaps, killing the realism in some ways. Then the detail isn't as sharp, it looks soft across several areas of the 42 and in some on the IP as well. Another things is that you can't get sharp crisp edges like with plastics, as it will either damage the figure during movement or be softened and lost with the layers of paint and protection. I can't think of a single advantage to die-cast that improves on these figures making them worth the extra money. It's a gimmick, a reason to charge extra and that alone.

But i have nothing against the people who like it and will buy it, it's a great looking suit and people will want to represent it in their collection and the only way to do that in 1/6 is with Hot Toys, i just don't feel the figure is worth buying as i won't be happy with it. And tbh it's not even about the price for me, i've spent triple that on other stuff, it's that the die-cast has ruined the look of the figure for me and the PPS of it is rubbish.

Just my views on the new lines, if a die-cast comes out that is great quality fit and finish wise my opinions may change on it but for now it's a money grabbing tactic in my view.

As far as PPS goes I can see what you are saying but the line can develop into something else. Obv it wont be for everyone either way. I like the idea of us getting suits we might not typically get via PPS. I do understand the lacking detail etc but I want to see a finished product first before i fully judge it.

For the Diecast I agree I see no real bonus for having it. We do know that the figure is only like 40% diecast correct? So whose to say the detailed armor panels are the actual diecast? We may have plastic plates with the battle damage etc like normal. I would think HT understands diecast on some levels. Again I want to see it in hand before really saying it was a mistake.

I think overall I guess I just have faith in HT to make quality products
That said I can understand where peoples concerns are coming from

This is what i mean by die cast being a step back in progress,

MKVII
attachment.php

(Only good pic of the mark VII suit i could find.)

MKXLII
up_1_zpsc84c3235.jpg

The price surprised me too. I thought it'd be a bit over $200, but probably under $210. I really like the suit, but that price is tough to swallow.

$254.99 might be a deal breaker, they should have just made it an MMS if they were going to charge that price. I'll see what BBTS puts it up for.

I don't see what the big deal is PPS or MMS....they're just letters. Fact of the matter is, it's a bigger than normal, plastic, articulated figure. If you don't think the articulation (or lack thereof) is worth the money, then so be it. But to just say "it should be MMS instead of PPS"....what does that even mean?

The Mk 42 was a lot less posable, and a smaller (than the red snapper) figure, and it's therefore priced lower.

I'm holding firm that I'm not ordering any IM3 figures until I've seen the movie. If this guy has 30 seconds of screen time, I'm not spending $250 on him no matter how articulated he is and how cool he looks.

Back