1/6 Hot Toys - PPS002 - Iron Man Mk XXXV Red Snapper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pass. They have 10 other suits coming out, rather use my money on the more main suits. I don't know why they didn't just make this a MMS given the price and articulation it already has. You have the PPS Mark 42 with swap out leg and arm yet this get complete movement.

Pass. They have 10 other suits coming out, rather use my money on the more main suits. I don't know why they didn't just make this a MMS given the price and articulation it already has. You have the PPS Mark 42 with swap out leg and arm yet this get complete movement.

Seems to be a way to justify not adding articulation in the midsection, however, if that were the only justification then the Mark II AU should be PPS000 :lol

Seems to be a way to justify not adding articulation in the midsection, however, if that were the only justification then the Mark II AU should be PPS000 :lol
Exactly, this is basically a Red Snapper MMS with a lack of articulation in the waist. You can do pretty much everything else as far as movement goes for the suit. They even made it so that you can swap out the claws.

I really don't see this as a PPS but a Sub Par MMS. Even has a price tag of $250, well so far judging from the sites that have it up for PO so far.

Echoing what many have said, this really is more like an MMS with no accessories. While the Mark VII has 36 points of articulation, and this has only 20, it bends at the knees and the arms and head are removeable. And even is this were made as an MMS, I doubt it would have as much articulation as most previous armors due to the actual disign of the armor.

If this does turn out to be as articulate as MMS-like as it seems, I may be in. Especially since tey probably won't make this in either the MMS or MMSDC line.

Last edited:
Are you referring to the entire arms being able to detach, or are there pics somewhere of swappable forearm claws in a shorter, retracted position? :pray:

The whole feature where they're trying to throw at our face that you can swap out parts from other figures. I looked at it again and I noticed it's the entire arm and not just the claw, not really a feature seeing as we can do that with all our Mark suits.

It's just a limited MMS figure with PPS label over it.

Echoing what many have said, this really is more like an MMS with no accessories. While the Mark VII has 36 points of articulation, and this has only 20, it bends at the knees and the arms and head are removeable. And even is this were made as an MMS, I doubt it would have as much articulation as most previous armors due to the actual disign of the armor.

And it looks the the entire arms of RS we removed and place on the mark VI, yet it says the claws are removeable.

If this does turn out to be as articulate as MMS-like as it seems, I may be in. Especially since tey probably won't make this in either the MMS or MMSDC line.

:exactly: I like what I see on this figure. I need to see the movie before I commit to see how much screen time this suit has and what role it plays in the film.

An easy pass.
I didn't know that Tony Stark was going to wear each of these suits they're putting out.
I thought they were drones.
Since it's also a PPS it makes it easier to pass on too.
The smirk that Stark has on the sculpt looks like dead Bernie from Weekend At Bernie's.

$264 at 10% off !!! December release, Well this blows, iono why didn't think of checking toysapien first before looking at ebay, but its msrp is 29k yen which brings it to US$294 !!!!! thats just crazy, and is what sideshow will offer it at, while other us companys like alterego will be allowed to give there usual 8% discount... ugh this price is so rediculous considering the mark vii's price along with its more articulation and inter-changable parts and extra head sculpt, i mean there advertising that you need to use an already purchased headsculpt (which is cool) but the price doesn't reflect that, grrr almost ready to give up on HT..

ps i like how google translate's the page to "power pause" instead of power pose, LOL

https://www.toysapiens.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=14132
you should know... In Japan almost no one would pay the stated retail price as on HT JP.... most Japan retailers will have it at 18-25% off which with the current exchange rate... would make it cheaper than SSC's pricing

Even if I don't purchase Hot Toys have still done a great job with this, looks seriously impressive. Probably the best thing to come out of this license thus far (bar the MMS191 Tony Stark)

I did not like the first power pose release, but this looks amazing.

I have to be selective though and right now I'm thinking about getting "Igor" or the Gemini suit. Maybe the Mandarin (assuming they release him)

HI RES pg 6 post #53
up_6.jpg

up_10.jpg

Come round to the figure a bit, it looks tonnes better than both the die cast figures, i just wonder to the claw things come off the arms or are they permanently attached, and if they come off would it be possible to put some articulated hands on it?

Edit, the claws light up so i guess the wiring would prevent them from coming off the arms. Shame.

Come round to the figure a bit, it looks tonnes better than both the die cast figures, i just wonder to the claw things come off the arms or are they permanently attached, and if they come off would it be possible to put some articulated hands on it?

Edit, the claws light up so i guess the wiring would prevent them from coming off the arms. Shame.

I'm betting the lighting on each end of the claw is localized with it's own switch and battery... the shape and size of the claw is perfect for a 3v button battery.

The decisions HT made over Snapper make me wonder if Iron Whiplash is going to be PPS instead of MMS.

Back