1/6 Hot Toys - PPS002 - Iron Man Mk XXXV Red Snapper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probable real world reason why it has the star: they simply recolored reused assets from the Iron Patriot CG model when creating Hot Rod for the film. The War Machine Mark 2 might never have made it past the concept art stage so the only existing CG model of this suit had the star on the chest from Iron Patriot.

Probable real world reason why it has the star: they simply recolored reused assets from the Iron Patriot CG model when creating Hot Rod for the film. The War Machine Mark 2 might never have made it past the concept art stage so the only existing CG model of this suit had the star on the chest from Iron Patriot.

Don't you dare bring logic into this conversation!

Well that's obviously the reason.
But it wouldn't appear to be logical for Hot Rod to have the star.

I shifted the Gantry over until I have another figure to display opposite Red Snapper.

I'm so glad I decided to get this figure, he add a lot of weight to the display

It's really not that hard when only about 10-12 people enter, and she gives three of them away. :thud:

But remember.....Twitter sucks. So don't bother. ;)

Oh, and this is the 4th.

I've been entering them regularly on Twitter and FB. I'm beginning to think they're not random--that or they should start keeping track of who wins and only allow them to win again after a certain time period.

Well, to be fair, I have won four times - once through Susan, her contests are totally random. The other three were through Chicky. Her winners are chosen, not random at all. But her contests are more creative. Yesterday the contest for Red Snapper was to "take a photo of a stranger holding an I AM IRON MAN sign".

First of all, only about 10-12 people entered....You have to do something to stand out from the crowd. My Son and I had some errands to run, so we had an employee at Starbucks, the bowling alley, the bicycle store and the auto parts store each hold signs that said I, AM, IRON and MAN. I put them together in Photoshop as one picture and that was my entry.

She gave three Red Snappers away. We got one. #2 was a guy who took a photo of his roommate sitting on the toilet (pants down and everything) and the third was someone who had been staying in a hotel and had a hotel employee holding an ipad, they had written I AM IRON MAN on the screen.

Not that hard, really. You just have to try.

LOL well if it is, I'm not complaining.

But when about 1/4 of the people who enter win.....you're not going to get much better odds than that.

Time is a huge part to a lot of these contests, Chicky's in particular. You have to be trolling her account on a regular basis, including the weekend to see when she puts up a giveaway, and you also need time to do what she asks. I try and enter all of the contests and haven't won yet, but I also don't have the time for most of the creative ones.

I'd love to win something, but I just never have Twitter open often enough. I usually make sure to keep it open during that huge contest they do every year though.

Back