1/6 Hot Toys - PPS002 - Iron Man Mk XXXV Red Snapper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys Iron Man armours look best in subtle/relaxed poses anyway. I cringe every time I see one in a 'want-to-be' dynamic pose that it just can't do well. Why pay for articulation I likely won't use?

No prob with Red Snapper being in the PPS line at all for me.

I wonder why they called this a PPS? According to the specs pic of articulation, it pretty much has complete movement. Both arms at the shoulder, elbow and claws move. Both legs at the knees, hip, and feet move. And the head moves.

I wonder why they called this a PPS? According to the specs pic of articulation, it pretty much has complete movement. Both arms at the shoulder, elbow and claws move. Both legs at the knees, hip, and feet move. And the head moves.

Because it doesn't have "MMS amount" of articulation, this figure could "some what" be described in relation to the Iron Monger (because they are some what larger than other mark suits plus visually more moving parts), if the red snappers was an MMS it would have more articulation in the claws, pistons/hydrolics, etc... (i.e. i believe you can't retract the claws they are in a stuck out position) not just the basic run down head shoulder knees and toes '
Which this figure is fine, the downside was the price tag; at 250 its the price of an MMS figure and should have all the articulation, before you say while you compare it to Iron Monger (msrp $479), while this figures is 4.5'' shorter and has alot less "girth" so 250 should have netted us a MMS version and 175 should net us a PPS version - if HT used this so called logic :cuckoo:

47_s.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Watched IM3 again after buying the DVD today. Kind of funny that the Red Snapper "Rescue Armor" is the one that crashes, blows up, and traps Pepper.

I just wish this were considered an MMS. I'm struggling with getting this because its a PPS. And I'm confident enough it won't be statue - like.

Hot Toys Iron Man armours look best in subtle/relaxed poses anyway. I cringe every time I see one in a 'want-to-be' dynamic pose that it just can't do well. Why pay for articulation I likely won't use?

No prob with Red Snapper being in the PPS line at all for me.

:exactly: Same with me. Many a times, even after trying too hard, a dynamic pose just does not look good at all.

Really was gonna pass on this but just looking at all the pics makes me want him. I only have mark 42 and IPmfrom IM 3 PO. Haven't pulled the trigger on any other suits. Money is getting tight and can't get them all. What's up with the lack of accessories for these guys? Heartbreaker just has 3 sets of hands and a base...silver centurion seems to have a sculpt but not such a big fan of it. Maybe I'll go with Gemini when its announced.

I personally love red snappers design, he's totally different from the normal suits and his helmet and feet are a nice change from what we see on the normal suits. Plus he has giant claws. Really hope he makes his December release date.

I am on the fence as well. I think its a mental thing at this point. I see PPS and in my mind think it's a cheaper line than MMS. The only problem is its not priced like PPS should be. I mean he is priced at 255.00 which is more than any of the MMS armors.

On the other hand I think I'm gonna use the SPOOKYFEST code to get 20.00 off of him. Should I buy, or not buy? :panic: Like many of these Armors they were only in the movie for seconds and we are paying top dollar for each second....

I am on the fence as well. I think its a mental thing at this point. I see PPS and in my mind think it's a cheaper line than MMS. The only problem is its not priced like PPS should be. I mean he is priced at 255.00 which is more than any of the MMS armors.

On the other hand I think I'm gonna use the SPOOKYFEST code to get 20.00 off of him. Should I buy, or not buy? :panic: Like many of these Armors they were only in the movie for seconds and we are paying top dollar for each second....

I know I'll be pre-ordering 'Snapper with the SPOOKYFEST code myself! Go for it! It's priced like a MMS because it's so large, if it carried the MMS brand it would be 309.99!

I know I'll be pre-ordering 'Snapper with the SPOOKYFEST code myself! Go for it! It's priced like a MMS because it's so large, if it carried the MMS brand it would be 309.99!

I just don't want them to come out with another version that is MMS later on which seems to be very common for Hot Toys to do. Yeah I'm sure it would be around 300 if it was MMS. Just wondering if it would be different, or just have more accessories. When it comes down to it I think I'll just order and be done with it..... :)

I just don't want them to come out with another version that is MMS later on which seems to be very common for Hot Toys to do. Yeah I'm sure it would be around 300 if it was MMS. Just wondering if it would be different, or just have more accessories. When it comes down to it I think I'll just order and be done with it..... :)

I wouldn't expect any 'House Party' suits to be re-released. But who knows? They might sell extremely well and justify a second release. I doubt it though.

I wouldn't expect any 'House Party' suits to be re-released. But who knows? They might sell extremely well and justify a second release. I doubt it though.

Yeah your probably right. Oh well with the coupon and shipping, another 245.00 down the drain...:)

Pre Order complete :clap

The red snapper suit is a very interesting looking suit but is a waste of money I'm not paying 250 for a figure that looks like it does nothing and it's just the power Pose figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its much more articulate than the Mark 42. Both knees, shoulders, elbows, ankles, hips are articulate. As well as the head and claws.

163988_10151371418587344_1484779315_n.jpg

Back