1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture when it doesn't rain it pours... passing on so many cool figures. I don't even know if I'll be able to swing Ripley if HT keeps pumping out the OT characters.

More and more collectors are going through this it seems (including me). Too many good releases + the rising prices of figures are tough to keep up with. Where I'm from we also have to deal with our currency's slump vs the US $.

Great review, not liking those hands at all, this is one of those cases where they should have stuck to what they had:slap Those boots coming off look annoying to, aside from that it is the best looking spidey yet:)

Really great review ironhulk, very cool intro.

At first I thought the design of the magnet hands was ingenious, but watching you handle them in the review, they look pretty crappy. I didn't think of how hard it would be to put the accessories in his hand until it was mentioned. They look pretty awful. Then man, those boots coming apart with the clear gap seems kind of cheap.

:lecture when it doesn't rain it pours... passing on so many cool figures. I don't even know if I'll be able to swing Ripley if HT keeps pumping out the OT characters.
I've had a 'master list' locked in for quite some time now, but even with a small list I'm still on a tight budget.

I’m in the same boat, but I’m going to Atlantic City this weekend and I’m feeling lucky :naughty
I've never been into gambling really (that's what you mean right?), but good luck. :lol

Same. I think he looks the business and the suit design rules. I maybe slightly prefer it to Tobey Maguire's suit although I far prefer Tobey's films.

Alas, currently spending too much elsewhere. First World problem scenario.

(anyway I have the SM3 red/blue which I think holds up pretty well. Only thing I don't like about it is the sleeves/hands area and the brittle wrist pegs which make it virtually impossible to change hands without hassle)
The chin, eyes & feet always irked me on the R&B Tobey - but still one of my faves. I paid $200AUS shipped back in 2011 or whenever it was, & this new one is over $300 locally - pretty frustrating, especially since I can definitely do without the filler crap it comes with & that ugly base.

Just got him, and this is straight out of the box. It's too dark an overcast outside for decent photo's. It's been worth the wait, I skipped all the other Hot Toy Spidey's as I never cared for the look of the Raimi movie suit, and disliked the first Amazing Spiderman suit even more.

9XZJ3iY.jpg

3LDaZEj.jpg

LyA0zUf.jpg

m1NcR13.jpg

JhvajvE.jpg

Gotta get my Hulk out of storage ...

I think this will be much more highly sought after than the first figure. it may well start to go up in price judging by ebay at the moment. Don't bank on a cheap deal gents.

With the exception of an exclusive IM armor here and there, and the rare movie promo (that unless it's IM, it won't be crazy expensive) I believe the days of a limited, sought after HT figure are over.

With the exception of an exclusive IM armor here and there, and the rare movie promo (that unless it's IM, it won't be crazy expensive) I believe the days of a limited, sought after HT figure are over.

For the most part I agree. Look at how many more figures SS has in stock these days. A year or 2 ago most releases would be sold out at PO and a few may temporarily trickle into stock like the DX11 or DX12 but wouldn't last long. Now most figures that have released the last several months are still in stock. Thor, Loki, Elder Predator to name a few.

I wonder of it has more to do with the increasing price tags or HT increasing the number of figures they are producing. Maybe both...

Not really, if the figure is expected to crash and burn (like this, after both the reaction to the proto and the movie) they cut numbers back in production.
They will just cover pre-orders plus some extra rather than making mountains of them.

And in a rare case like this, when a lot of people suddenly (and unexpectedly) want want. Boom.

Not saying it's gonna be another Hawkeye or Toyfair Batman, but it may not decrease in value.

And even the DX12 and DX11 can be had for reasonable prices (below MSRP even) if you look around.

HT made millions of those. Trillions of everything Bats related, but even then they learnt their lesson with '89 Batman which took quite a while to sell out. That wasn't because they were bad sellers it was because HT made so many of them, same for Star Wars.

Yea this one shouldn't be the shelf warmer ASM 1 version is. I don't hate that figure but seeing the massive improvements to the suit (fabric and not vinyl) makes me think this one will be far more popular. The only real advantage the first one has is the head sculpt. Kind of wish they'd included an updated one with ASM 2 but I still look forward to getting this guy. He looks awesome!

Just got him, and this is straight out of the box. It's too dark an overcast outside for decent photo's. It's been worth the wait, I skipped all the other Hot Toy Spidey's as I never cared for the look of the Raimi movie suit, and disliked the first Amazing Spiderman suit even more.

9XZJ3iY.jpg

3LDaZEj.jpg

LyA0zUf.jpg

m1NcR13.jpg

JhvajvE.jpg

Gotta get my Hulk out of storage ...

Nice pics, Luse!

Back