1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They weren't too big overall, but their body proportions were weird.

ASM2 fig's proportions are as much unrealistic and inaccurate to the real thing.

You really should stop with bashing dem old figures just because they are indeed old :lol Their only downside in comparison to this new one is the lack of the same level of articulation (cuz of proportions) and inaccurate looking costume material. Heck, old figures had better palms and Black version was the only one without this stupid one-piece-head-neck concept.

ASM2 fig's proportions are as much unrealistic and inaccurate to the real thing.

You really should stop with bashing dem old figures just because they are indeed old :lol Their only downside in comparison to this new one is the lack of the same level of articulation (cuz of proportions) and inaccurate looking costume material. Heck, old figures had better palms and Black version was the only one without this stupid one-piece-head-neck concept.

No... they are not. Spiderman 3 figures have thighs the size of Arnie's. A lot of people tried to fix the problem back then but couldn't get the costume off without damaging it.

And I never started "bashing den old figures" because they are old, so I cannot stop. Not sure where you got that idea from, saying something is wrong with an older HT release is hardly *bashing den old figures* Riddick? You obviously are unable to be objective about new, old, big, small, thunder thigh or Portman thigh.

:lol

You really should stop with bashing dem old figures just because they are indeed old

Are you familiar with the term "rose tinted glasses" Riddick old chap?

Look at the head and "neck" on the Spiderman 3 version! :lol And the thighs...

A beautiful Spidey from an older era of toy manufacturing.

That spidey 3 figure looks awful haha

It was fantastic for it's time. I'm still very fond of it and the black version. But you would need to be crazy (Riddick) to compare the two in regards to realistic proportions and sophistication. It's not a case of saying everything new is better, or everything old is crap. Things have just gotten a lot more sophisticated since those S3 figures were released. They look dated now as I'm sure this one will in a few years.

I didn't know that the old Spidey's mask on the neck-chin area can make the neck appear very thick.

Man, I really love the new Spidey. And those eyes. Beautiful. Very reflective too, it seems.

It was fantastic for it's time. I'm still very fond of it and the black version. But you would need to be crazy (Riddick) to compare the two in regards to realistic proportions and sophistication. It's not a case of saying everything new is better, or everything old is crap. Things have just gotten a lot more sophisticated since those S3 figures were released. They look dated now as I'm sure this one will in a few years.

I think black suit Spidey holds up just fine, but the Red/blue suit was always just okay to me, I feel that figure didn't start getting love until TASM 1 figure released.

I think black suit Spidey holds up just fine, but the Red/blue suit was always just okay to me, I feel that figure didn't start getting love until TASM 1 figure released.

It's pretty much identical though. Just black. It has the same issues as the red & blue suit. The neck is a bit better but it has it's own issues.
But I agree it looks better on display.

Rorywan, pardon me if this had been asked before -- does the new Spidey have the same "headsculpt" as the first TASM? I'm wondering as it doesn't give that 'alien-head' vibe, or maybe the eyes are getting my attention too much. Thanks.

Rorywan, pardon me if this had been asked before -- does the new Spidey have the same "headsculpt" as the first TASM? I'm wondering as it doesn't give that 'alien-head' vibe, or maybe the eyes are getting my attention too much. Thanks.

No, it appears slightly different, a bit bigger too. The headshape is pretty accurate.

Are you familiar with the term "rose tinted glasses" Riddick old chap?

Look at the head and "neck" on the Spiderman 3 version! :lol And the thighs...

A beautiful Spidey from an older era of toy manufacturing.

Rory, can you tell if it's possible to take off the eyes without damaging the figure? It looks like the white cover inside the eyes is a separate plate. Thinking about popping it out and giving it a coat of white to make them stand out a bit more.

480px-7634_the-amazing-spiderman-2-prev.png

Rory, can you tell if it's possible to take off the eyes without damaging the figure? It looks like the white cover inside the eyes is a separate plate. Thinking about popping it out and giving it a coat of white to make them stand out a bit more.

480px-7634_the-amazing-spiderman-2-prev.png
No idea mate, and I'm not going to test it. I did wedge the eyes off the first ASM figure, which was very similar in construction. And it was very difficult. The plastic was very brittle because it's so clear/reflective and it is glued into the head inside with pegs. So personally I wouldn't try it. I barely got the ASM mask apart.

The new one looks a lot better. I didn't really like Tobey or Andrew as Peter so I wouldn't mind not having an unmasked sculpt.

I always hated that neck/chin part on the original red and blue. It's the only thing that bugged me.

Thankfully, the black suit never had that problem. Out of the 4, it has the most defined neck, head and chin area. I think it's their best Spider-Man, it just sucks that it isn't red and blue.

As for the thighs, never minded them. Hot Toys was going off these,

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Look at dem thighs, look at dat ass . . .

That said, I do think this new one is better aesthetically even if I'm not a fan of the scrawny proportions and big ole' bug eyes. My dream would be a Spider-Man 2 Spider-Man from the first two films that improves on this past 4 Spidey's by being a combination of the production of the Black suit (removable head) and the ASM2 (magnet hands). Release the much requested Doc Ock, and that would be Spider-Man 1/6 bliss.

Haha, I remember working on the set that day (as a PA). The double for Spidey was a lot bigger/bulkier than Tobey.

Here's some old pics from my old low-res camera.

1927691_540381588809_1186_n.jpg

1927691_540381553879_1029_n.jpg

1927691_540381568849_2971_n.jpg

1927691_540381598789_2212_n.jpg

1927691_540381673639_1727_n.jpg

1927691_540381633719_4681_n.jpg

Bollox. :lol

The black spider body is just as bad as the red and blue. And the neck is awful for all different reasons.
It only thing it has going for it is that it's black and it's harder to see its flaws.

And that ASM2 neck is posable, it's in two parts so the "alien" head in my iPhone pic is not an issue.

Back