1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a problem with the belt ... It goes down really low and logo of the torso.
141004025129299233.jpg

god, look at that upper bicep...

So far I like this 1/6 version of Spider-Man the best, even though I hate the new movies (Raimi's were sooo much better, at least 1 & 2)! The only thing that kills it for me are those hands!!! They do a beautiful costume and mask sculpt that look seamless together, then throw in plastic hands!! Ughh. I'm sure it would be difficult to do cloth hands, but at these prices they should at least try... I'd rather pay for that than these dumb accessories they include which would NEVER come out of the box. Well here's hoping Sideshow kills it with their Marvel Comic line version of Spider-Man,,

Cloth hands at this scale would look ****. :lol

One thing that irks me though about both the HT R&B Raimi Spidey & this one, is the look of the red sections. Glad they changed this one to the material & not the vinyl, but the actual suit was a slightly deeper red that had a glossy appearance. They flubbed that on both occasions really.

Still, both figures are indeed great. :duff

Form-fitting cloth-wrapped hands with applied webbing detail, tight at the wrist? Haven't seen anything like that on ebay.

The poses this figure can pull off are amazing. It's making me wonder if I should keep the MAFEX 6" version of this suit I have ordered.

Guess it depends if you like to keep your HT in museum poses. If not, what's the point of the MAFEX?

I've kept my ASM 1 in some reasonably extreme poses for a while, but I always go back to a simple museum pose after a few days to make sure the suit isn't damaged by the pose. I feel like that's probably what I'd do with the ASM 2 figure, but if I also get the MAFEX figure I wouldn't have to worry about damaging a suit, and that one comes with a magnetic base for him to stick to. I guess I'll figure this out closer to when that ships.

I've kept my ASM 1 in some reasonably extreme poses for a while, but I always go back to a simple museum pose after a few days to make sure the suit isn't damaged by the pose. I feel like that's probably what I'd do with the ASM 2 figure, but if I also get the MAFEX figure I wouldn't have to worry about damaging a suit, and that one comes with a magnetic base for him to stick to. I guess I'll figure this out closer to when that ships.

I think it's $75? It's not cheap, but it comes with accessories the HT version doesn't come with. And, as you said, it can be posed and forgotten. Yeah, pretty tough call. :lol

Back