1/6 Hot Toys - Black Panther - T’Chaka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some secondary sites will buy them like normal customers do and then resell. But officially it’s only gonna be available through the main distributors like Sideshow and Secret base and action city....unless they don’t sell well then they get offered out.

Wow $220 is a great price. I really prefer this over any other Black Panther figure. I'll
Have to debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't really interested in the other BP figures. I think what ultimately brings me to this one is that this one looks more regal while Tchalla's looks like a warriors suit.

Too bad the sideshow affiliation is done... I was hoping to see T'Chaka's amazing panther helmet on top of the page for awhile.

So is this a repaint of the civil war black Panther plus the clothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, after spending like $20k...and overpaying for shipping for all those previous figures.
Smart. Real smart.
By the way, I am in the same boat. ROFL.
14e99b24060bdc3cc62b2c8a017d01b0.jpg

Price is surprisingly decent compared to how other figures have been priced recently. I still think it’s a pass for me even though it is cool.

This is my standout piece from the toyfair exclusives this year. Definitely ordered.
It is really going to be one of those figures that stands out on display thanks to the colors and cool design. Much like Ragnarok Thor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well damn... it sucks SSC had to suddenly be so weird about "custom figures". I hope the board can survive.

It’s not so much the custom made figures but the knockoff and unlicensed stuff. And this directive comes from Warner and Disney down to the license holders. It’s always been apart of the licensing agreements that if you have a license it’s your duty to help maintain the brands and not promote or allow unlicensed goods. As legally the license holder can contact the authorities and shut down the illegal sellers and makers. They have all(hot toys, King arts, Sideshow, and all the others) in the past been pretty laid back and didn’t go after offenders. But the last few years there’s been an explosion in the unlicensed market.

Yeah the knockoffs are pretty amazing. Customs 10 years ago looked a lot like hasbro re-creations. Now though, totally different ballgame.

I really wish this had the T'Chaka HS included. I love this look and it'd look great next to the other offerings but being able to place him holding his helmet would have been great next to T'Challa doing the same.

Screen_Shot_2018_07_05_at_2_20_12_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2018_07_05_at_2_20_41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2018_07_05_at_2_21_30_PM.png

I see what you mean... the knockoffs I understand, I so rarely pay any attention to them so that slipped my mind... but when it comes to characters they don't plan to make, they should have no say either way. That's just my opinion anyway.

They pay for those rights. Many times it’s beyond their control what gets approval to be made and what doesnt. And when a figure gets made with a decent sized unlicensed run that decreases the chance an actual licensed figure from the same film gets made. It costs thousands of dollars just to get the license and then thousands more to do the prototypes for approval and in man hours to work with them to get approvals for everything from copy to box art.

Most of the unlicensed stuff that’s getting attention lately is of the Fox marvel stuff or the arrowverse stuff. With Fox, hot toys bought the rights and had to pay both marvel and Fox a fee, but the actors likeness rights where not included in the Fox contractors so each actor can approve or deny anything or flat refuse to authorize and if they do they can charge whatever they want. Hot toys wanted to make some of those figures (prof x for example) but they just couldn’t legally. Even though they still paid for the rights. So having someone else not pay those fees or any of the associated costs and then make products is a hard pill to swallow. Makes it hard for marvel or Warner or continue to sell those expensive licenses if they just let people without it make the figures anyway.

Which is why if it’s just some person make one off items or low run it’s not somthing they much care to push. But when a couple companies are cranking out decent run sizes and making five or ten unique figures, like say toys era, that’s gonna be an issue.

Back