【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Looks great, dig the accessories. Have the first one and not enough change for me to swap out. Glad those that didn't grab the first are able to get one at MSRP now.

Also, not defending sellers or buyers of the inflated Strange for the past few weeks I did not partake or know anyone that did on either side. But I think it's important to understand selling an item that is no longer available for a higher price to meet demand is not scalping. Especially when said item is continuously selling for a higher price that incrementally drops based off supply. That is just basic economics, supply and demand. Sorry, not trying to start a fight, but I'm extremely anti scalping as I run a large local toy collecting/BST page and I think it's important to define what's what.

Well put. It’s been strange seeing so many people so angry at those who are simply responding to the market. If somebody intentionally purchased 10 figures to purposefully inflate the price that’s one thing. I think everybody was thrown off guard with just how popular the figure would be after selling out. And little by little the price skyrocketed. I was fortunate that I found thr piece 3 times at retail, and each time I found a new one I sold my older on ebay for about $100 profit, which ultimately got me the figure at about $50.

Are we expecting this to go up at SS for pre-order at some point today?

I like this one, but with so many other orders put in, I may have to hold off until DS2.

No one going to mention the new and improved cloak?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
In the shot from behind, they use the exact same photo they used in soliciting the first figure. So, I'm not sure there are any real differences here. But in production there could be.

Quich comparison

New
fdfc6cc294646849cc83f32af6fddeab.jpg

Old
marvel-doctor-strange-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902854-20.jpg

As an aside, I wish Hot Toys would go back to the basic, oval crotch grabber stands. The fancy stands they use now by default take up too much damn space, and can cause more wear on the material and figure if you grab figures around the waist.

Yeah I don’t get why people are angry at sellers who list the 1st Dr. Strange on ebay and buyers drive up the price by paying a lot for it. That’s just the market cause of supply and demand. That’s like you have an issue of Amazing Fantasy 15 with Spiderman comic book and you should sell it for 12c which is the cover price cause you shouldn’t be “scalping.”

That said, I am happy HT is releasing this. I have the first one. Question is should I sell the first to get the 2nd or just buy the new head sculpt? I do like both...

Wow, gotta say I am absolutely stunned HT decided to do a IW release...with a NEW and BETTER headsculpt!!!

As an owner of the first DS, I gotta say I can't believe I'm considering picking up this one due to the improved headsculpt. It's crazy what the hair can to do to the likeness. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's literally the same face just different hair, right???

I never cared for Strange in the comics but after IW he's one of my favorite MCU characters. Amazing looking figure.

Looks great, dig the accessories. Have the first one and not enough change for me to swap out. Glad those that didn't grab the first are able to get one at MSRP now.

Also, not defending sellers or buyers of the inflated Strange for the past few weeks I did not partake or know anyone that did on either side. But I think it's important to understand selling an item that is no longer available for a higher price to meet demand is not scalping. Especially when said item is continuously selling for a higher price that incrementally drops based off supply. That is just basic economics, supply and demand. Sorry, not trying to start a fight, but I'm extremely anti scalping as I run a large local toy collecting/BST page and I think it's important to define what's what.

I agree. It really is a pet peeve of mine that people keep throwing the term "scalper" around without really understanding that there is a difference between scalping and reselling. I hate trying to buy a figure for crazy prices as much as anyone, but it is not "scalping." Scalping is when someone buys a limited product (concert tickets, for example) with the intention to sell on at a higher price, often within a short time span. It is almost impossible to do this with Hot Toys figures because they often are available to purchase for many months (or years! hi, Hulkbuster), no one knows the exact numbers made, and no one can really predict what their value will be months or years after they sell out. Buying a Hot Toys figure and reselling it 6 months later for a high price literally can't be considered scalping unless you are the most patient and/or most prescient seller ever. To the guy who bought 3 Doctor Strange figures and sold 2 each for $100 profit, well that's just called being savvy!

Back on topic, I think I am going to preorder this at BBTS and then just see if I can get the head and cape parted out. My guess would be $100-120 for both based on all the parted out stuff I've bought before. I don't pose my current Doctor Strange with his magic effects (they look pretty toy-ish to me) so not sure I would even use the new ones. I do see he comes with two sets of the green effects instead of just one.

Glad people will get a great figure at normal price now. Agree though, if people are willing pay a stupid high price, then can’t blame someone for selling at that price. As for this guy, at first I was like I don’t need a second Dr. Strange...actually a fourth including the two Mezcos coming...but the more I think about, I might just have to have both. One of the few movie characters that is a comic favorite(waiting for the day F4 and Surfer come home to Marvel and we get Hot Toys versions).

Wow, gotta say I am absolutely stunned HT decided to do a IW release...with a NEW and BETTER headsculpt!!!

As an owner of the first DS, I gotta say I can't believe I'm considering picking up this one due to the improved headsculpt. It's crazy what the hair can to do to the likeness. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's literally the same face just different hair, right???

His head looks less elongated to me, which seems a bit more accurate. I just went and looked at my Doctor Strange and man, the head sculpt does still look REALLY good. But I agree the new one seems better.

Everyone likes to complain about people who are in a different boat, and will rationalize reasons for doing so. It always happens. Human nature.

Scarcity and demand are important, but $550 for the figure is a bit high. That is taking advantage of the situation.

I've seen $600-700 being asked for- and ultimately an item is the only worth what an individual is willing to pay for it but people thinking that is an appropriate price point is absurd.

In the shot from behind, they use the exact same photo they used in soliciting the first figure. So, I'm not sure there are any real differences here. But in production there could be.

As an aside, I wish Hot Toys would go back to the basic, oval crotch grabber stands. The fancy stands they use now by default take up too much damn space, and can cause more wear on the material and figure if you grab figures around the waist.

I agree about the crotch grabber stands. If I don't just buy the new figure I may also try to get the stand since it will at least take up less room than the first version. Right now I have mine on an extra regular stand. Also, I think this picture of the first version prototype shows the difference in the edges of the collar better, at least in terms of the two protos:

marvel-doctor-strange-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902854-11.jpg
fdfc6cc294646849cc83f32af6fddeab.jpg

Man IW is getting expensive and we still haven't seen some major players yet ( Bucky, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Vision, possible Black Order, Falcon etc..)

Wow, now that the unthinkable has happened, I wonder if that means they'll release an IW Star-Lord!?!? AKA one without the hickeys!

I can't tell which sculpt looks better. My only complaint about the new one, looks a little too young. Great release for people who were considering paying the crazy prices for the original. I am imagine I will try to pick up that sword when parted out.

The first version with the hair down can be the battle version while the second version with the nice combed hair can be the chill mode version.

Wow, now that the unthinkable has happened, I wonder if that means they'll release an IW Star-Lord!?!? AKA one without the hickeys!

I don’t think star lord gets made. Strange v1 was released years before this one will be. And does have a few accessories and changes, and time passes between Dr strange film and IW so the character can change. Star lord just came out. Looks the same. Very little different

Scarcity and demand are important, but $550 for the figure is a bit high. That is taking advantage of the situation.

I've seen $600-700 being asked for- and ultimately an item is the only worth what an individual is willing to pay for it but people thinking that is an appropriate price point is absurd.

But you can't fight the forces of the market. If, say, you decided to be a good samaritan and sell one of your figures for $200-300 less than what most are paying for on eBay, then the odds are extremely likely that someone will simply purchase it so THEY can resell it for the higher market price. Happens all the time with resellers at flea markets who go around to other vendors early in the morning and buy up products before the general public even arrives.

wow. This is a minor miracle. I'm going to preorder him as soon as he goes live today. This worked out great. I got paid today and was going to preorder Gamora but THIS could potentially sell out today and I want Strange more anyway. Will be checking my phone/cpu all day to see when he goes live.

Back