【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

What kills me was the fact that people kept saying HT would not make another Dr. Strange figure, and I always went against that idea - why would HT not want to cash in on how awesome Dr. Strange was in Infinity War? Made no sense to me! I told others that just wait and watch, HT would release another figure and they did! For those that have the first one and want to keep it, that's great! For those that paid $$$ on eBay for it because they thought HT would not make another, learn from this! Wait and watch is the name of the game!!!

I’m sure most people knew they would eventually make another strange figure. But it’s rare for them to just do another figure that looks the same, with the same costume. And given what Hot Toys said about probably not making figures that looked identical it was a much much safer bet that they wouldn’t make it. Just because it’s believed hot toys could make money selling a figure does not mean they will make it. There are many instances of demanded figures never getting made.

Just because it’s believed hot toys could make money selling a figure does not mean they will make it. There are many instances of demanded figures never getting made.

That's funny - explain the many Iron Man armors and variants then. There is a huge demand for a Strange figure, of course HT will make it.

Head sculpt looks good, but I must not be as discerning as some of you to see how this is clearly better than the first.

I was just about to pre-order the mark VI today too! looks like I'm pre-ordering both. LOL

That's funny - explain the many Iron Man armors and variants then. There is a huge demand for a Strange figure, of course HT will make it.

Easy to explain. Iron man is the best selling hot toys figure, period. They can also often get multiple figures out of one tooling. Cuts cost way down, and iron man sells. And even with iron man they don’t turn around and redo the same figure ever two years. The vast majority get one figure. Then maybe an update to keep the licenses active a few years down the road.

Just because a figure sells on the secondary market does not mean hot toys will make it again. Especially when it’s just a few years later. Secondary prices have little impact on if hot toys makes a figure. Doctor strange didn’t sell out super fast. He wasn’t highly demanded until people started seeing the prices rise. Then suddenly everyone wants one. What happens to that demand when there’s suddenly a huge influx of product?

Comparing strange to iron man isn’t a good comp. what would have been a good one is A1 Hawkeye. A figure that didn’t sell out fast. That rose to 600ish on the secondary market, that had a decent amount of clamoring for and never got a reissue. Even though the same costume was used in AoU. There’s way more evidence and history of them not reissuing a figure or updating it then there is of them doing so. Add that to them outright saying characters that looked the same probably wouldn’t get new figures and it’s hard to argue they would make new versions with the same look.

What kills me was the fact that people kept saying HT would not make another Dr. Strange figure, and I always went against that idea - why would HT not want to cash in on how awesome Dr. Strange was in Infinity War? Made no sense to me! I told others that just wait and watch, HT would release another figure and they did! For those that have the first one and want to keep it, that's great! For those that paid $$$ on eBay for it because they thought HT would not make another, learn from this! Wait and watch is the name of the game!!!

HT never said they would not make another Doctor Strange figure. They said 'might not' make figures with similar costumes. key word is MIGHT.

LOL, they keep making Black Widows who has very similar costumes across movies...I get her hair is different and her suits are different (and she is ScarJo) but if they all sell well, oh well...they will make more!

I guess the same is for Dr. Strange...
Alas, I am saving my budget for Ant-Man and The Wasp...so have to pass...

Regardless of what you guys think, of course HT would make another Strange seeing how he was in the movie, there was no doubt about that. People jumping on eBay to buy the 1st version at higher cost are probably kicking themselves now (unless you really wanted the first one badly and not the second one).

Regardless of what you guys think, of course HT would make another Strange seeing how he was in the movie, there was no doubt about that. People jumping on eBay to buy the 1st version at higher cost are probably kicking themselves now (unless you really wanted the first one badly and not the second one).

There hasn't been one that has sold today, but someone did buy the book for $70. LOL!

Collectors always do stuff like that to create hype (or maybe just to justify why they were spending $500+ on a figure). I don't know. But just watch, as soon as this one goes up for sale people will be saying it will sell out in 24 hours and you better order now. I don't get the hype/FOMO people like to stir up.

As heartbreaking as it may be, after further assesment i'm gonna have to pass on Doc Strange . Too much pre-ordered and with Antman and Wasp taking personal priority, I can' justify picking this guy up. Man, how do you guys deal with passing these up? I already know prices on this guy will rise as well.

This won’t sit at retail...lmao specially because of how inflated the value of the first one was...since when having the original has stopped collectors from getting the second version? And that’s with less hyped and over priced chatacters

Time will tell.

Just because he was in the movie doesn’t mean he gets made. Yellow jacket, crossbones, Vision, every one other then wolverine, nebula, mantis, ego, the ancient one, Mordo, everyone other then Deadpool from DP1..Spider-Man from civil war...Aldrich from IM3..and two hundred other characters that never got made. If people doubted it would get made there is clearly doubt.

Glad to have another opportunity at picking him up. :)

I understand the surprise that Hot Toys made a IW version, but it was a 100% certainty that they would eventually make another Doctor Strange for the sequel, whenever that gets made. There hasn't been a single MCU movie where they have passed making the main character. (And no, I don't really consider the Edward Norton Hulk to actually be MCU.) I just figured the inevitable second figure would not have the book or even the necklace.

Oh I agree 100% they where making another at some point. It’s not super shocking they made this one for IW. But, the idea that they where 100% going to make it for IW was my point of contention.

Oh I agree 100% they where making another at some point. It’s not super shocking they made this one for IW. But, the idea that they where 100% going to make it for IW was my point of contention.

...well, sellers are not only collectors... so i guess this one could be called a scalper:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-TOYS-1...241940&hash=item51fd38499a:g:~1gAAOSwmZdZkSWU

but anyway, you guys are rigth...if collectors pay those prices...well...that helps sellers like above ...
Cheers :-D

No, that is still a reseller. Literally still not a scalper, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back