【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Well bought.. No matter what.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1680 at Secret base (215 usd) so probably gonna be 265ish

You're probably right, but I hope this is similar in price to Deadpool. I wonder if they justify it costing more because of crafting the head sculpt for Strange rather than just a masked head.

Isn't that near Thor or Cap pricing? That's not bad.

Isn't that near Thor or Cap pricing? That's not bad.

Thor was 1630hkd I think. Iron spider was 1580. Gamora 1530. So it’s a little more then Thor

Looks amazing. Will be ordering ASAP. :lol

I love that new sculpt. BC has a seriously unique look and somehow HT seems to be able to get it almost perfect, to me anyway.

Thor was $267, so maybe $269? Has a standard 1/6 HT figure (excluding IMs) ever exceeded $270 before?

Oof these prices. Anyone want to predict what the first $300+ standard figure will be? I predict Guardians Vol. 3 Starlord. At any rate, I think we are 2 years away, max.

Thor was $267, so maybe $269? Has a standard 1/6 HT figure (excluding IMs) ever exceeded $270 before?

I do not recall. But given Iron man has been over 300 for five years it was bound to happen.

But you can't fight the forces of the market. If, say, you decided to be a good samaritan and sell one of your figures for $200-300 less than what most are paying for on eBay, then the odds are extremely likely that someone will simply purchase it so THEY can resell it for the higher market price. Happens all the time with resellers at flea markets who go around to other vendors early in the morning and buy up products before the general public even arrives.

Agreed. People seem to be confused about what scalping is. The real problem with many of these people is that they don't actually want an item until they can't have it.

I also don't understand people talking about how "greedy" Hot Toys is. If there's a demand for something and they create a product to meet that demand that's not greed, that's good business. Someone posted a great metaphor with comic books. People selling rare, out of print comic books for tens or hundreds of thousands more than the original sticker price isn't scalping. This is no different.

I'm torn on this one. I'm not sure if I like the original or the new head sculpt. Currently leaning towards the original. Will most likely wait until I have them both in hand but likely won't keep both in my collection.

When I first saw this picture on FB I thought Holy crap they're going to give us 16 arms instead of hands !! IW ironspider eat your heart out !!

8bf77eb17350a5a6c8ac4a83ebb9c208.jpg

Yeah bummed this is just a background photo ..too bad :pfft:

I want this figure but I can't tell if I want it because it's amazing or because of the hype. It is a great looking figure, just don't know how badly I want it.

Agreed. People seem to be confused about what scalping is. The real problem with many of these people is that they don't actually want an item until they can't have it.

I also don't understand people talking about how "greedy" Hot Toys is. If there's a demand for something and they create a product to meet that demand that's not greed, that's good business. Someone posted a great metaphor with comic books. People selling rare, out of print comic books for tens or hundreds of thousands more than the original sticker price isn't scalping. This is no different.

I'm torn on this one. I'm not sure if I like the original or the new head sculpt. Currently leaning towards the original. Will most likely wait until I have them both in hand but likely won't keep both in my collection.

Yeah scalping doesn’t really cover any hot toys stuff. If everyone who’s around to buy has the opportunity to do so, no not only for hours or days, but months usually then that’s not scalping. Just because something increases in aftermarket prices does not make the seller a scalper or scammer or evil. I personally love the people who say it’s ok if it’s 500usd but 600..that’s scalping. Lol really? As you mentioned comics go way up in value at times, sneakers, art, jewelry, cars... try buying a mint 1969 dodge charge for the msrp price it was. Or an Action comics 1. A silly things mk3 hot toys figure. A mint 8 back Faker figure. Things go up in value. It happens.

Yeah scalping doesn’t really cover any hot toys stuff. If everyone who’s around to buy has the opportunity to do so, no not only for hours or days, but months usually then that’s not scalping. Just because something increases in aftermarket prices does not make the seller a scalper or scammer or evil. I personally love the people who say it’s ok if it’s 500usd but 600..that’s scalping. Lol really? As you mentioned comics go way up in value at times, sneakers, art, jewelry, cars... try buying a mint 1969 dodge charge for the msrp price it was. Or an Action comics 1. A silly things mk3 hot toys figure. A mint 8 back Faker figure. Things go up in value. It happens.

Lol or a house in California. Damn scalpers

Yup definitely loving this version a lot more. Everyone was saying I was crazy the other day for thinking something was off about the first sculpt, but this shows just how much better it could have been.

And I'm also liking the more polished look without his hair hanging in front too.

What kills me was the fact that people kept saying HT would not make another Dr. Strange figure, and I always went against that idea - why would HT not want to cash in on how awesome Dr. Strange was in Infinity War? Made no sense to me! I told others that just wait and watch, HT would release another figure and they did! For those that have the first one and want to keep it, that's great! For those that paid $$$ on eBay for it because they thought HT would not make another, learn from this! Wait and watch is the name of the game!!!

I'm definitely pre-ordering this as I would very much like to add the character to my collection and this is a lovely presentation...but I'm still in the market for a (reasonably priced) original as I prefer that head sculpt. Like you, I don't know if I'd keep both in the collection...but it would be a nice problem to have.

Fully agree... I wasn't completely sold on the first sculpt either, but I couldn't point out exactly what it was that I didn't like about it... Now that I see this one, I see what it was that I didn't care for... This one is spot on.

I want this figure but I can't tell if I want it because it's amazing or because of the hype. It is a great looking figure, just don't know how badly I want it.

I like this head sculpt, but as I have the original figure I'm having a hard time justifying the cash outlay just for that (especially with everything else I have on order). I'll also probably have difficulty justifying the price for a parted out head sculpt, as they seem to be in the $150+ range for in-demand items. Decisions, decisions...

Back