Zack Snyder's SUCKER PUNCH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your mind can set you freeeee!

Or that someone can come into your life, unexpectedly, and save you.

.... huh... i thought it comes across more as women can only succeed in their dreams,

or
Spoiler Spoiler:

Well...she did save someone.

And I think she was the one who did that certain thing in the beginning that was bad....so she was guilty. And thus, didnt care if she lived or not. But still saved someone in the end, and did the right thing/.

Its cause you don't share. :lol Even if someone says I got grenades if nobody cares. :(

:slap
What're we in the sand box at the play ground?
It's Gears of friggin' WAR !!:gah:

...and all's fair in love and war. :monkey3

Calling grenades is :cuckoo:
I dont call them.
It's just a crap shoot.

:pfft:

But I digress.
:lol

:peace

Meh.....saw it earlier tonight. Didn't hate it, but certainly didn't love it. I'll post my impression tomorrow morning in the latest movie rating thread.

Just got back from the theater from watching this. I agree with hairless, it was ok but I certainly didn't love it. Plus and I'm sure it's just me, but all the slow motion action sequences just got annoying after awhile but I guess I shouldn't be suprised since this is a Zach Snyder film.

is this thread spoiler-ok or not? Someone make a spoiler-welcome thread haha...I have questions

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just got back from the theater from watching this. I agree with hairless, it was ok but I certainly didn't love it. Plus and I'm sure it's just me, but all the slow motion action sequences just got annoying after awhile but I guess I shouldn't be suprised since this is a Zach Snyder film.

Yeah the slow-mo stuff is one of my gripes with the film. Once or twice is fine, but I got sick of it in the first action scene.

Well, Zack is never going to stop. It's his style. I love it personally. He knows when to use it. Unlike Paul WS Anderson.

I would say it's equally if not more popular for people to trash critics and write them off as if they aren't really people like you and I watching movies with an opinion. If people listen to critics because past experiences have proven they tend to agree with critics, and they decide based on reviews that they don't want to spend their money on said film now, why does that make them a sheep? Sounds like a smart person to me. Like I said in the other thread. Not everyone defines entertainment as brain dead eye rapeage.

At least the critics have SEEN the damn movie they are ripping apart or praising. my thing was with people not even seeing it for themselves and just listening to other randoms who have their own perception of what is good and what sucks.

Ive seen many movies that critics have nothing but praise for but to me personally i thought it was a pile of ____.

I thought Sucker Punch was good. I do agree that the ending was a bit abrupt and bland. But the action sequences are pretty bad ass...and who doesnt like seeing hot chicks in skimpy outfits kicking some ass with each other. Overall this movie was exactly what I expected it to be before I even saw it.

And anyone hating this movie, you better not like star wars, transformers, any marvel movie, or 80's action movies like rambo, terminator, and predator or you are just one huge hypocrite.

Last edited:
And anyone hating this movie, you better not like star wars, transformers, any marvel movie, or 80's action movies like rambo, terminator, and predator or you are just one huge hypocrite.

I'm about to leave for MegaCon, so I really don't have time to dismantle the above logic(as ridiculous as it is).

When I get home later, however, I will.

:lol

:lol That is quite a plate of movie parallels.

I haven't seen it yet, read the reviews and what was posted here and really I'm not all that surprised. I said when clips and information really started to come out it would be a hit with a small view and tank out with the general public. That is what seems to be happening. From what I can gathered this is a movie that Snyder made for Snyder. It was a vision that he saw in his mind's eye that he wanted to see on screen. Lucas did the same thing, the only difference is that people went bat____ for Lucas' vision whereas Snyder's is having a tougher time.

Despite the reviews and the ending (which was easily predictable from the synopsis) I still plan on seeing it because I like Snyder films, I think the visuals are worth the cost of the ticket alone but for a film that was being promoted with scantily clad girls that are made to look preadolescent for the most part, huge explosions, robots, zombies, etc, those who went in expecting Shakespeare wrapped in Popcorn fantasy haven't been paying attention.

I'm glad to read that there are actual layers and that from what I've read it is an action that attempts to transcend the genre but I know what I'm getting before going and definitely looking forward to it.

With the exception of transformers and the select Marvel film, I love all those movies...and it was hard for me to sit through Sucker Punch. :dunno

Think it should have focused more on the psychological parts at lennox and not so much the fantasy realm

To compare this POS movie to Terminator and Predator makes you look foolish. Those two are great, the others you listed are too silly/geeky for me.

I'm not surprised at any critical backlash, but (and I haven't seen the film yet), I would be surprised if any geeks were really disappointed. Like Mike is saying, based on the way it has been promoted and the way Snyder himself discussed it, I don't know why anyone would go into this expecting Oscar material. Snyder does some things very well, and is unproven at others (that this movie probably better speaks to than any of his other works, since this is completely his story and "vision").

I've hoped all along that Snyder would have a very restricted role in Superman (focusing on the technical direction), because he's been an unproven commodity at the other creative components of film-making. And based on the broad feedback for this film, that hasn't changed.

Back