Zack Snyder's SUCKER PUNCH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least the critics have SEEN the damn movie they are ripping apart or praising. my thing was with people not even seeing it for themselves and just listening to other randoms who have their own perception of what is good and what sucks.

Ive seen many movies that critics have nothing but praise for but to me personally i thought it was a pile of ____.

I thought Sucker Punch was good. I do agree that the ending was a bit abrupt and bland. But the action sequences are pretty bad ass...and who doesnt like seeing hot chicks in skimpy outfits kicking some ass with each other. Overall this movie was exactly what I expected it to be before I even saw it.

And anyone hating this movie, you better not like star wars, transformers, any marvel movie, or 80's action movies like rambo, terminator, and predator or you are just one huge hypocrite.

:exactly::goodpost:

One thing that cracks me up is when people say when a movie sucks it sucks. For you maybe. Just because you think it sucks doesn't make it so and there are people here stating that. I think Ang Lee's hulk is dog crap yet I'm sure a couple here think its a pretty decent flick. Don't try to make your opinion look like fact it makes you look silly.

:exactly::goodpost:

One thing that cracks me up is when people say when a movie sucks it sucks. For you maybe. Just because you think it sucks doesn't make it so and there are people here stating that. I think Ang Lee's hulk is dog crap yet I'm sure a couple here think its a pretty decent flick. Don't try to make your opinion look like fact it makes you look silly.

I don't think anyone here is stating that their opinion is fact. It's no different than people praising it as great and saying that if you didn't like it you're a hater or that you better not like these certain other films or you are a hypocrite.

I guess I don't understand why people can't discuss something without others taking it personally. I'd be curious to hear more about people who loved this film - and not just about the action or the style of the film. If you like it for those reasons - then it is what a lot of people have said - it's eye candy and not much more. But if you liked the plot and the characters - then that is what I'm curious about - because I just didn't get it. I felt nothing for these characters or their struggles - perhaps because so much of it was in a fantasy world - rather than seeing the hardships they faced in the institution in the reality world. 300 was overly stylized as well but I at least cared for the Spartan soldiers and how they were going up against an enemy that strongly out numbered them.

I don't think anyone here is stating that their opinion is fact. It's no different than people praising it as great and saying that if you didn't like it you're a hater or that you better not like these certain other films or you are a hypocrite.

Fair enough. :duff

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Problem is that many members here are bigoted and probably believe their opinion is a fact.

Saw it today - what a glorious failure.
In 300 and Watchmen Snyder was working with 2 of the best talents in comics (although Miller's writing isn't nearly on par with Moore's) but with Suckerpunch he shows that he needs to team with a decent writer and/or a producer that can rein him in (which we'll get with Man of Steel, Thank Rao!).

I'm sure that Snyder would say that there's a lot going on beneath the surface of this film but this theatrical cut doesn't really make a lot of sense on any level. The films wants to be every film and genre - Steampunk, WWI, WWII, Lord of the Rings, Moulin Rouge, Inception, Brazil - but fails to deliver except on the visual level. I wouldn't want to intellectualize it too much - although I'm sure that's what Snyder would want - he'd probably say that it could be something different for every viewer - but with no cohesive plot or characterizations there's no real way to take that away.

Spoiler Spoiler:

But I have to say the art direction was magnificent and I will be following Emily Browning's career with enthusiasm. Also Snyder is an excellent action director - the action scenes were exciting and original.

Last edited:
Saw it last night. Thought it was all right. I think having two fantasy worlds hurt it. The first fantasy world of the club wasn't really needed in my opinion. Since most of the movie took place in that world, you never really get to know any of the female characters because you never get to see what they are really like. I think it is worth seeing once for the visuals.

Has anyone read anything about this originally being a musical? The end credits make me think that and if so - I can't wait for the director's cut!

Has anyone read anything about this originally being a musical? The end credits make me think that and if so - I can't wait for the director's cut!

I read that initially the dances were all part of the film and were supposed to be the lead ins for the fantasy sequences or something to that effect.

A couple of reviewers are comparing it to a musical, wherein we are expected to believe that ant any time people can burst into song and it's completely natural. But in this case the fantasy sequences take the place of the song creating a kind of "Visual musical for your eyes"

When something sucks it sucks, it doesn't need to be justified as the fault of the viewers expectations.
Meh, nothing just objectively sucks. Different viewers are looking for different things, and so I can understand some folks liking this movie for what it appears to be. But before this, people were giving Snyder more credit than he was due based on his previous body of work (where he showed himself capable purely on a technical direction/art design level), and for that reason expected him to do more than he previously showed himself capable of. That was unwarranted IMO.

Back