Zack Snyder's SUCKER PUNCH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never understood the arguement that someone went into a movie like this expecting Oscar material. I'd be willing to bet that there isn't a single person on this planet who had that mindset going in. When something sucks it sucks, it doesn't need to be justified as the fault of the viewers expectations. For that matter, and I think most would agree, a film that isn't Oscar worthy can still be excellent.

To compare this POS movie to Terminator and Predator makes you look foolish. Those two are great, the others you listed are too silly/geeky for me.
:lecture Almost an insult to the classics.

I never understood he arguement that someone went into a movie like this expecting Oscar material. I'd be willing to bet that there isn't a single person on this planet who had that mindset going in. When something sucks it sucks, it doesn't need to be justified as the fault of the viewers expectations. For that matter, and I think most would agree, a film that isn't Oscar worthy can still be excellent.

Valid point. No need to make an excuse for the moviemakers, or insult the person who thought ill of the movie. I find this retort used most often when someone doesn't have anything else to say when another person says a movie sucks.

So, finally my thoughts on Sucker Punch. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Could it have been better? Sure. Was it horrible? No way. Was it a masterpiece? Definitely not. But, to anyone who saw the trailers or saw any marketing materials for this film - you knew exactly what you were going into. I loved all the action sequences, some of the other parts of the film dragged a bit - but overall it didn't take away from the final film. I didn't leave the theater with a very strong impression, but that doesn't mean I wasn't impressed.

After seeing the film, Amber is still my favorite. Baby doll, Sweet pea and Rocket were all great. Blondie was bleh. I wish Hamm was in the film for more than 3 minutes as well.

And anyone hating this movie, you better not like star wars, transformers, any marvel movie, or 80's action movies like rambo, terminator, and predator or you are just one huge hypocrite.

I don't get this statement.

I never understood the arguement that someone went into a movie like this expecting Oscar material. I'd be willing to bet that there isn't a single person on this planet who had that mindset going in. When something sucks it sucks, it doesn't need to be justified as the fault of the viewers expectations. For that matter, and I think most would agree, a film that isn't Oscar worthy can still be excellent.

Yes. And no.

Yes, I that argument "WELL WUDDAYA EXPCCTTT DUR HUR (some big move) HERP DERRP???"

But at the same time, It's a movie about a bunch of girls, fighting ____ in someone's imaginated world. So..I dont know. If you dont go with the ride Zack is taking you on....you probably wouldnt enjoy it. :lol

I do think that the people who enjoyed it, did have a connection to the sitiuations. Atleast I did. Like I said, I used to play outside all the time, fighting monsters, and ____. So I related to that, and that is why I dug it.

Saw the movie last night. I don't understand the extreme opinions from this movie. It's interesting to see people either love it or hate it. I thought it was great. I liked the story, yes their could have been more character development aside from Babydoll but to say that you couldnt care for all the girls is somewhat surprising. I cared about what happen because of where they were at, in a mental institution, they went to fantasy world to get the task they were suppose to do easier for them. The action scene were awesome and even the music fit perfectly. I'm not gonna say if you didn't like this movie your stupid, but I'm just surprised at the extreme hate this movie is getting

Saw it last night and I walked away feeling rather indifferent. I was pretty excited going in and a little disappointed when I walked out.

Beautiful eye candy for sure. Loved the way it was filmed...I just didn't care about any of the characters. I wish they would have had more character development and spent a little more time in reality than in the fantasy world - perhaps then I would have cared more for the characters.

As it is....it's pretty to watch but there's not a lot of emotional impact....at least for me. I would rate this a 6.5/10.

Yes. And no.

Yes, I that argument "WELL WUDDAYA EXPCCTTT DUR HUR (some big move) HERP DERRP???"

But at the same time, It's a movie about a bunch of girls, fighting ____ in someone's imaginated world. So..I dont know. If you dont go with the ride Zack is taking you on....you probably wouldnt enjoy it. :lol

I do think that the people who enjoyed it, did have a connection to the sitiuations. Atleast I did. Like I said, I used to play outside all the time, fighting monsters, and ____. So I related to that, and that is why I dug it.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5hfYJsQAhl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And anyone hating this movie, you better not like star wars, transformers, any marvel movie, or 80's action movies like rambo, terminator, and predator or you are just one huge hypocrite.

Right. Amusingly, there are people who love to hate on the Star wars prequels loving this, but That's not the point.

The movies in your list, and sucker punch have two very different things going on.

the movies in your list are visual effect heavy, but they have story and character development.

A more ac curate comparison to sucker punch would be Fantasia, or Heavy metal. As, Like Sucker Punch, are basically visual fun rides.

To those who watched the musical number during the credits... there was no Babydoll right? I didn't spot her.

Loved it. Let me say that again.

LOVED IT!

I wasn't expecting a deep story, nor was I expecting deep character development. I expected Mr. Snyder to take me on a ride. After hearing a few people talk about lack of plot and lack of character development, I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of both in the film. Z Snyder never promised me a Schindler's List or even a Pulp Fiction for that matter, and I didn't expect a Chris Nolan masterpiece. What I got was a thrill ride, and I did find myself caring about the characters. As many here have already stated, I don't quite get the hate. Someone in the theater said to her friends 'Worst movie of the year' as she was leaving. I thought to myself, 'She must not get out much'. Comparing this film to Star Wars, Terminator or other genre greats is probably futile, because we each bring different things to our own movie watching experience.

Perhaps my only disappointment with the movie was that a friend that had already seen it casually dropped a reference to the movie
Spoiler Spoiler:
Other than that, I had a great experience.

This isn't going to be a film for everyone. If you're favorite film is 'The Notebook' or 'Sophie's Choice', this probably isn't going to do it for you, but then again, if those are your film picks, what are you doing on this forum anyway. For most of us here, there should be something enjoyable in the film for everyone, just don't go in thinking this is going to be the end-all-be-all of fantasy movies. That said, I'd still rather watch this than Avatar.

And yes, I wish I had the opportunity to sculpt all of the girls! C'est la vie!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw the film, liked it but it's kinda forgettable. Didn't leave a lasting impression. Not a bad film, worth checking out on imax. Hunnipot liked it a lot more than I did.

Back