your top 5 regrets as a collector...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason l didn't buy the Scarface PF in mint condition for $100. l regret buying the Neca pred for $110 total. Not my style of figure, and that is the only one l regret buying.

1. Buying high selling low on Medicom stormtrooper, Bruce Lee and OC Bats.

2. Buying Medicom Kamen Rider The Next V3 - that thing is the crappest figure I haven't sold.

3. Buying EB Bruce Lee parts to put together a custom GoD. Ended up costing me over $250 :cuckoo:

4. Not buying one or two more SS Stormies at $80 a piece from BBTS

5. Not picking up SS Vader at $125 when I had the chance. Paid nearly twice that shipped.

1. Missing out on the HT T2 T-800 when he was 169.99 at toys2 (I was a new collector at the time and had no idea how fast he would sell out :lol)

2. Missing out on HT Blade at retail

:lol Haven't had many regrets yet but I will certainly add to the list as time passes by ;)

Regret's are many :) Few worth listing...

1. Do not have enough money to buy everything I want to

2. Getting into this hobby very late

3. Geographical location being a major challenge

4. Losing my money to Collectors Universe on the bay

5. Still not able to find time to work on a decent display

Recently: When I missed Paquet's Swamp Thing FS statue and Alex Horley's Lobo at a very good price

1/ not selling my 90s comics when they were actually worth something.
2/ not discovering 1/6 sooner- although to be fair they was little about then - buying all that hasbro cra p
3/wasting lots of money on cars.(when i should have bought a house and toys)!!!

4/ not keeping my ht iron man
5/ not buying the BSG replica for 28£ that now goes for hundreds!!

No regrets. :cool:

Whatever was beyond my means when I wanted it was forgotten. Whatever I paid too much for, I knew what I was doing when I did it, and if I cared, I wouldn't have done it. I've never passed on something I couldn't do without and I've never sold anything I wish I hadn't.

There's a ton of stuff I wish I had, and plenty I wish I still had, but I don't, and none of it has any real hold on me. I'm content.

No regrets. :cool:

Whatever was beyond my means when I wanted it was forgotten. Whatever I paid too much for, I knew what I was doing when I did it, and if I cared, I wouldn't have done it. I've never passed on something I couldn't do without and I've never sold anything I wish I hadn't.

There's a ton of stuff I wish I had, and plenty I wish I still had, but I don't, and none of it has any real hold on me. I'm content.

u sir..are a wise man.

not having the money to pre-order the Pumkinhead Maquette

meeting my lame brother and sister kurgans on this forum

Hmmm...

Not getting the big Lego falcon at Wal-mart.com when they were down to $350

Passing on an EFX x-wing for $600

Not getting Hot Toys ALIENS figures when the getting was good(especially the powerloader)

Not getting anigrands line of Star wars models

Not getting Fantastic Plastics' line of star wars models

Not pre-ordering HT Elder Predator when I had the chance

Started collecting the new Buffy line (I foresee myself not keeping them for long)

Not finding Sideshow sooner so that I could get the really good stuff like Grey Hulk PF, Dr Doom PF, and X-Men Sentinel Dio #1

1 & 2 - Seeing a Doom PF and a Hulk PF at my LCS and not buying them cause it was before i was fully into collecting PF's
3 - Collecting complet set of World of Springfield figures/environments (this was how my very first colleting bug started)

My only regret was buying The Thing PF EX, as it was a huge space eater, and then selling it recently. It was sooo awesome...I still miss him.

Last edited:
Cancelling Dr. Doom PF EX.
Cancelling Hulk PF EX.
Cancelling Captain America PF EX.

Selling X-Men vs. Sentinel #1 EX diorama too soon.
Selling Grey Hulk vs. Spidey too soon.
Selling Iron Man comiquette EX too soon.
Selling Silver Screen Mummy PF at cost.
Having Sideshow cancel my Orthanc while I was on vacation.

noose.jpg

1. Passing on the original Nom de Plume because I didn't like the looks of him.

2. Selling my Noir de Plume...although I didn't have much choice at the time.

3. Missing out on the MK3 Desert Bertie due to lack of money.

4. Selling my extra EMGY Dropcloth for $125.00 to buy something else I was really wanting at the time.

5. Not buying the original White Engineer Armstrong when I had a chance to get it for cheap.

u sir..are a wise man.

Thanks. Although I wonder what the hell I was trying to say in that last line, because it makes no sense.

devilof76 said:
There's a ton of stuff I wish I had, and plenty I wish I still had, but I don't, and none of it has any real hold on me

I think I meant that the stuff I don't have is cool, as were the things I sold, but in the end, I care about what I have, not what I don't.

Or totally full of ____.

Fine line between wise and full of it :lecture

I'm not laid back about many things, but this is one area of my life that I've forbidden stress from entering.

If Pumpkinhead is the only regret you can come up with, then you should know exactly what I'm talking about.

Back