your top 5 regrets as a collector...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Not enough money.
  2. Not enough money.
  3. Not enough money.
  4. Not enough money.
  5. Not enough money.

Ive gotten every figure I wanted practically so I dont really have many regrets, but there is one item I passed on and have regretted it ever since.

I never bought the Batpod at retail price, and now when one shows up (if it even shows up, they arent even up for sale frequently) they are for absurd amounts :monkey2

Not many regrets really. Sure, I've missed out on a few things, and certain things have happened that I could have done without, but it's all part of the ride. And honestly, if you're patient and you keep your eyes open, most things seem to work out one way or another in the long run.

That said, I do regret:

Pumpkinhead maquette being sold out before I even knew it existed. If I had known it existed back in the day I would have gotten one without a second thought. But alas, I had barely dipped my feet in high end collectibles at that time, and that one just got right past my radar. As such, one day getting one of those is my ultimate personal grail, and long will it be so I'd imagine. :lol

Talking myself out of picking up the DX Joker, as I already had the Bank Robber version. By the time the regrets kicked I looked about to discover that prices were already through the roof. Though good chance that'll work out for me in the long run, depending on just what we get with Joker 2.0. Again, wait long enough and most things seem to work out...

That's about it really.

Buying so much bowen back in the day
All the star wars junk
All the stupid variant covers
Not fully getting into sideshow from the start
All those worthless baseball cards

I've never sold a high end item so there are no regrets on that.

The only regret I have is not getting into Hot Toys earlier. That $365 Dutch I bought could have cost me less then $200 brand new.

But other then that I'm ok :D

Buying the NECA V For Vendetta statue. :mad:

Selling the DCD V For Vendetta mask replica. :(

Some other stuff.

My only regret is not ordering the optimus prime exclusive edition. I figured noone would buy them since it has such a high price and i will pick it up towards the release date to see what else comes out. Then completely forgot about it. By the time i realized and checked, the exclusive version was sold out.

the doom ex and others i have no regrets, because i would never picked them up in the first place and there is no way to know it will go to $1000+ later on.

not sure what to do about the optimus prime now, it's already 4k on ebay :(

Passing up on the HT Godfather for £100 because at the time I didn't want to collect figures which weren't Superheroes & then passing up on Iron Man Mk I for £120 thinking I'd be happy with just the Mk III. I used to get angry with myself for missing out on the Pred1 for retail but the Classic Pred has put that right now & that's probably it. Oh & not getting into HT in time to buy the Tumbler.

1. Selling my HT's Robocop
2. Selling my HT's OC Batman
3. Buying anything Medicom
4. Buying the HCG 1:2 Endo bust

Thats about it.

Buying so much bowen back in the day
All the star wars junk
All the stupid variant covers
Not fully getting into sideshow from the start
All those worthless baseball cards

Sports cards and Comics!!! F-ing Shaquille O'neals rookies alone set me back thousands when I was a kid. Now you can get anything from that era for a few bucks :(

my only regret is not getting into this sooner, caused i missed robocop. and not buying Leonidas when i had the chance.

1. Selling my HT's Robocop
2. Selling my HT's OC Batman
3. Buying anything Medicom
4. Buying the HCG 1:2 Endo bust

Thats about it.

Ha, I was going to mention Medicom but I do like my Kaneda figure of there's but that's it though. Selling Robocop sucks though, I'd love to have that in my collection, I have a feeling that HT will reissue that one though :pray:

1. Kenner/Hasbro Power of the Force Figures.
This is the line that got me into collecting in the first place. Had some fun chasing figs but grew tired of the line just before Episode 1 was to be released. I had a massive collection (7 boxes chuck full of these figs MOC) and the market winded up really bottoming out. I got stuck with these figs for a long time. While I had some great memories of the "hunt" with a few friends of mine, I regret collecting toys in general the most.

So feel your pain on that one.
Also regret the small fortune I spent on my WDCC collection that I later sold for a quarter of what I paid

Passing on the 1:1 SWS Predator bust cause I figured I would pick it up for a fraction of the retail price on eBay in a few months/years. Yeah not so much.

1) selling DX Batman for retail
2) selling DX Joker for retail
3) selling 2 Mech Test Tony Stark figures for around $100 each
4) selling Blade for $100
5) buying thousands of comic books in the 1990s

Primary lesson: don't sell anything
Secondary lesson: break Rob Liefeld's legs

I agree with the comics part! They take minutes to read and have no resale. Plus, most of the comics are no collected in paperbacks or sold for pennies on Evilbay!

Buying all the hasbro crap (minus R2-d2 and McQuarrie)
Letting my parents make me sell Vintage SW vehicles
Selling my Masters of the universe stuff in jr hs.
Not getting the leia print at CIV
Passing on a number of SS Pfs I could now sell for big money.

My only regret is spending so much damn money on this hobby...oh, and missing out on Lurtz PF.

Bought HT Iron Man Mk 4 right before Gantry announcement. Paid $280 for it. :(

Also bought a little too much lately. lol

Back