Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking into my crystal ball, and I predict that I will be posting in this thread on Wednesday, as I hold my copy of Batman #17 in my hand.

Picked up Invincible 97-100 and Ultimate Spiderman 15 and 16

Picked up Spidermen 2-5 Ultimate spiderman 14 and Superior Spiderman 1 and 2 digitally this week.

Picked up a few HCs today.
Batman - night of the owls
Superman earth one volume 2
Fables volume 4
Daredevil Mark waid volume 1
Invincible volume 7.

Rocket Raccoon drawn by Mike Mignola! :rock2

IMG_1559_zpsc464983a.jpg

Just read batman 17. Was actually a bit disappointed. At this point I much preferred the night of the owls storyline. That was stunning. Death of the family started great but I do feel it didn't quite deliver at the end.

Just read batman 17. Was actually a bit disappointed. At this point I much preferred the night of the owls storyline. That was stunning. Death of the family started great but I do feel it didn't quite deliver at the end.

Death of the Family was terrible. A whole lot of hype for a whole lotta nothing. The Court of the Owls was very very good, but I still prefer Loeb or Grant Morrison when it comes to Batman.

Snyder is probably one of the best Batman writers. Hell he is one of the best writers in general.

I think Snyder has been brilliant in general. His run on detective comics was brilliant, his run on batman has been brilliant and his swamp thing is fantastic. Never read American vampire but will pick it up at some point hopefully. I just found death of the family to be a bit of a weak finish. The rest of the issues were as great as the rest of his work. I think if it hadn't been billed as this big event it would have been better. Or if it hadn't been a big crossover, just a story in batman without as much hype it might have been better.

While you are at it. Pick up Severed. Incredible mini series.

Ok latest this week is
Deadpool 5
Captain marvel 10
Wolverine max 4
Thor god of thunder 5
Superior spider man 4
Indestructible hulk 4
Nova 1
Ultimates 22
Avengers 6
Captain america 4
Savage wolverine 2

Really busy week for comics only read a few so far nova was good

While you are at it. Pick up Severed. Incredible mini series.

Oh yeah, thanks. I've heard of that but don't actually have a clue what its about. But will no doubt check it out as I've been bowled over by snyder's writing on everything else so far.

Oh yeah, thanks. I've heard of that but don't actually have a clue what its about. But will no doubt check it out as I've been bowled over by snyder's writing on everything else so far.

It is great! All I am going to say is It is a slow burn horror book. Well worth anyones time.

My pull was also very big this week:

Avengers 6
Deadpool 5
Green Lantern 17
Justice League 17
JLA 1
Wolverine MAX 4
Thor 5
Hulk 4
Superior Spiderman 4
Thief of Thieves 12
Revival 7
Daredevil 23

Very good week though, everything was pretty good. My pic of the week is probably Superior Spiderman though. After the 1st issue, I was on the fence because I thought Spirit Peter was going to keep Oc Peter from being "different"; making the book pretty much the same and just ongoing, which is not a bad thing but I was just excited for change. Having read issue 4 now, I think that Slott is doing an AWESOME job at portraying Peter as a "different" person. I always here people bash Slott for his work but he is one of my favorite Spidey writers yet!

I want to give honorable mention to JLA 1. I have seen some really bad reviews for the new JLA so I went in with low expectations which may be why I think it was so good. This issue is more of a intro then anything but it is very well done and gives a nice background on each new character and why they want them on JLA. My intention was only to get issue 1 just to have it and see how it starts, but Im sold for issue 2!

My pull was also very big this week:

Avengers 6
Deadpool 5
Green Lantern 17
Justice League 17
JLA 1
Wolverine MAX 4
Thor 5
Hulk 4
Superior Spiderman 4
Thief of Thieves 12
Revival 7
Daredevil 23

Very good week though, everything was pretty good. My pic of the week is probably Superior Spiderman though. After the 1st issue, I was on the fence because I thought Spirit Peter was going to keep Oc Peter from being "different"; making the book pretty much the same and just ongoing, which is not a bad thing but I was just excited for change. Having read issue 4 now, I think that Slott is doing an AWESOME job at portraying Peter as a "different" person. I always here people bash Slott for his work but he is one of my favorite Spidey writers yet!

I want to give honorable mention to JLA 1. I have seen some really bad reviews for the new JLA so I went in with low expectations which may be why I think it was so good. This issue is more of a intro then anything but it is very well done and gives a nice background on each new character and why they want them on JLA. My intention was only to get issue 1 just to have it and see how it starts, but Im sold for issue 2!

That's a really good shout superior spiderman was really good this week really starting to get interesting

That's a really good shout superior spiderman was really good this week really starting to get interesting

I enjoyed the first two issues. Heard really good things about issue 4 so I might as well keep getting them. Love me some spiderman even if it isn't Peter Parker.

I enjoyed the first two issues. Heard really good things about issue 4 so I might as well keep getting them. Love me some spiderman even if it isn't Peter Parker.

It's worth it seems to be getting better with every issue

Recently got into the mood for re-reading my Batman TPs (Year One, Long Halloween) and bought a few more:

Batman: The Man Who laughs
Batman and the Monster Men
Batman and the Mad Monk
Batman: Dark Victory

Btw, if anyone's interested Amazon's got the hardback copy of Gundam: The Origin vol. 1 up for pre-order at £14/$17.

Back