Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had another expensive day ay the LCS & picked these up...

20130223_151357_zpse585cc56.jpg

20130223_151430_zpsc7c9011d.jpg

20130223_151549_zpsaf85c62d.jpg

20130223_151621_zpsfbd0477f.jpg

20130223_151645_zps31d50ae0.jpg

Really pleased with the GotG stuff, means I don't need to go mad trying to find the 2nd GN or pay the overly inflated Ebay / Amazon marketplace prices.

Neil

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am looking for the title of this comic. I am pretty sure it is very new, maybe less than 6 issues. I want to say it is NOT a Marvel or DC comic but it is about a female heroine. Not much to go off but I have been wanting to check it out and I have completely forgot the title.

Just read the Green Arrow trade called the Archer's Quest by Brad Meltzer. Just, wow. That was a really great story. So glad I ordered it on amazon on a whim. Teared up at one point. You gotta be a dad to know why.....

I started reading No Mans Land when the new editions started being released. Thought it'd be a good time to pick them up. Just finished, and wow, a really great storyline, and the last few issues were really heart felt. Now just picked up Batman: Evolution as its the follow up story, not too sure about the art but its a great story. Real classic batman detective story.

Awesome pick up there. I really wanna get that green arrow year one trade. Seems pretty pricey now though. :( just recently been getting into green arrow. Also really want to start reading Gotham central. I've heard nothing but great things.

Awesome pick up there. I really wanna get that green arrow year one trade. Seems pretty pricey now though. :( just recently been getting into green arrow. Also really want to start reading Gotham central. I've heard nothing but great things.

Really? Got it for $15. Bought the Gotham Central cause I saw Joker on the cover :lol no appearance from what I've browsed through though.

Oh, will have to keep looking around then. Looked online and it seemed to be pretty pricey. As for Gotham central, I haven't read any yet but been meaning to lick some up for a while. Want to start with the first trade and work my way through. From what I've read about them though I think that story deals with the joker randomly shooting people with a rifle.

Oh, will have to keep looking around then. Looked online and it seemed to be pretty pricey. As for Gotham central, I haven't read any yet but been meaning to lick some up for a while. Want to start with the first trade and work my way through. From what I've read about them though I think that story deals with the joker randomly shooting people with a rifle.

I've been looking at getting GA: Year One myself lately & apparently Waterstones have it for £18.99 online so might be worth popping in store to see if they have it already or can order it in for you??

I'm placing my order this week

HTH

Neil

EDIT - Ignore that, just looked on Waterstones & it's not there, only Marketplace sellers for the SC at about £15 ish but they ship from the US so not sure what extra postage will be applicable...sorry for getting your hopes up.

EDIT 2 - This is getting stupid...just found the HC in stock for £19 -

https://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/andy+diggle/jock/green+arrow3a+year+one/6144171/

Looks like we might be ok ;) lol

Sorry again

I thought I would give Guardians of the Galaxy .1 a shot over the weekend. Wow was this an awesome issue!! Im not understanding the .1 before #1, but it was surpisingly good! I never read GotG previously so its a "new" series to me. It has a more sci-fi adventure feel to it. If I had to put it in the same / similar feel story category... I would say it feels like a Star Wars / Mass Effect kind of feel to it. More like a Hero and not Super-Hero feel. You get almost an instant emotional attachment to the characters introduced in this issue which is somthing you I dont get too often in most of today's series which is a VERY good thing! I want to be attached, I want to finish an issue and be worried about what happened to a character or whats going to happen! Those emotional attachments is what keeps me so attached to The Walking Dead, or Sweet Tooth (GotG is a way different story, just talking characters here!) I dont want to give away any of the story here, but I am highly recommending Guardians of the Galaxy #0.1 in case anyone is looking for somthing new a different! Also note it is written by Bendis!!! He is my Geoff Johns in the Marvel Universe :yess:

GO BUY THIS BOOK!

I thought I would give Guardians of the Galaxy .1 a shot over the weekend. Wow was this an awesome issue!! Im not understanding the .1 before #1, but it was surpisingly good! I never read GotG previously so its a "new" series to me. It has a more sci-fi adventure feel to it. If I had to put it in the same / similar feel story category... I would say it feels like a Star Wars / Mass Effect kind of feel to it. More like a Hero and not Super-Hero feel. You get almost an instant emotional attachment to the characters introduced in this issue which is somthing you I dont get too often in most of today's series which is a VERY good thing! I want to be attached, I want to finish an issue and be worried about what happened to a character or whats going to happen! Those emotional attachments is what keeps me so attached to The Walking Dead, or Sweet Tooth (GotG is a way different story, just talking characters here!) I dont want to give away any of the story here, but I am highly recommending Guardians of the Galaxy #0.1 in case anyone is looking for somthing new a different! Also note it is written by Bendis!!! He is my Geoff Johns in the Marvel Universe :yess:

GO BUY THIS BOOK!

I read this yesterday it is a fantastic book really looking forward to this series now :)

I've been looking at getting GA: Year One myself lately & apparently Waterstones have it for £18.99 online so might be worth popping in store to see if they have it already or can order it in for you??

I'm placing my order this week

HTH

Neil

EDIT - Ignore that, just looked on Waterstones & it's not there, only Marketplace sellers for the SC at about £15 ish but they ship from the US so not sure what extra postage will be applicable...sorry for getting your hopes up.

EDIT 2 - This is getting stupid...just found the HC in stock for £19 -

https://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/andy+diggle/jock/green+arrow3a+year+one/6144171/

Looks like we might be ok ;) lol

Sorry again

Haha, that was a hell of a post. :lol but thanks man. I just picked it up on ebay though for about £9. Plus a couple quid postage. If you haven't bought it yet check out ebay. They had about 4 in stock I think. Just recently started reading green arrow and thought this would be essential reading.

Got the 4th issue of Mike Mignola's run of Rocket Raccoon & 2 softcovers (Bane, Thor), The Infinity War #1 & a HC of Green Lantern Corps. Didn't really care for the GL book but seeing that all the HCs had the lantern marks on the spine, I just wanted to get them all. :D

IMG_1619_zpsbcaa579c.jpg

Back