Xbox 360 Failure Rate Reaches 54%

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i bet the RROD is really a ploy by MS to embed a trojan into the 360s (like order 66 in revenge of the sith) so when they release their new system all they have to do is send out a new update so they cause every 360 to die, rendering us to have to buy the new MS system. the only problem is that they made a mistake and now the 360s just randomly die off after updating.

Unless you're joking that's a ridiculous statement. It would be a little more than obvious if almost every 360 died within a few days of each other. Class-action lawsuit would soon follow and no one would buy their new system. Micro$oft might be bad, but they are not that bad.

Unless you're joking that's a ridiculous statement. It would be a little more than obvious if almost every 360 died within a few days of each other. Class-action lawsuit would soon follow and no one would buy their new system. Micro$oft might be bad, but they are not that bad.

I think it's fair to say he's joking or is he? :horror :lol ;)

I really wonder why the people who have had their console fail on them and i know guys who have had 3 FAIL YES COUNT THEM 3, just go back and buy the 360 again when its pretty much GUARENTEED to die no matter how much play you put into it.

RROD happens anywhere anytime...

3 years into this console life cycle and xbox owners dont care about the fact it still breaks to a day 1 problem, lol i laugh at this...

I really wonder why the people who have had their console fail on them and i know guys who have had 3 FAIL YES COUNT THEM 3, just go back and buy the 360 again when its pretty much GUARENTEED to die no matter how much play you put into it.

RROD happens anywhere anytime...

3 years into this console life cycle and xbox owners dont care about the fact it still breaks to a day 1 problem, lol i laugh at this...

Well what are they suppose to do? You own all of your games on the 360, you have a $50 yearly membership on the console, as well as multiple accessories. Some people just prefer a console, if they sold all their games and accessories and their console. And bought a PS3 slim and all the games, they would most likely lose money. And I mean perhaps they just enjoy the console, people keep buying american cars and they break more often than anything. On a side note it is funny that American cars and consoles don't hold up over their import counterparts in terms of quality and reliability. And the workers are paid less. LOL.

You need to address logistics on the case.

I have never had a system die on me but my xbox360 seems like its close to death. I have problems ejecting the game and I have turn the xbox360 on twice in order for it to work....I never knew anyone who had that problem either.

overall I'd bet that number is exagerrated.
Just like with SS product, when some pieces go wrong, it could be less than 5% bad product, but those 5% would make up 90% of the posts in a thread about that product with complaints while the people happy with theirs sit quiet.

At least id like to think that fail rate isnt anywhere near that number....

I wish more people on this board had the same rationalization as you:lol

I think its just crazy that if you havent had a 360 go out on you, you atleast know or have met someone that has. And its usually multiples.

i had two so far and the one i have now has the RROD. I have to call Microsoft to see if it's still under the 3yr warranty. I think it's right at the 3yr mark, too.. Sucks because i want to play Madden 10 :(

54%. Ridiculous. I heard the same stats on G4. In my line of work, we get concerned when failure mode reaches above 5%, typically sooner. the Xbox I'm playing (thanks Rory) has never had this fault.

Question, and it's important to clarify. Once an xbox gets a RROD, it's removed once cycling power, correct? If yes, then I could probably deal with it, as long as the RROD occurred less than 10% of the time. If this happened each time I turned on Xbox, no way could I live with it.

This is simply unacceptable.

If this were anything other then a game console this would be a huge legal matter.

Imagine if over 50% of a companies cars just died after a year. There would be a massive government investigation into that company.

I'm a pilot, I can only imagine if we had a 54% failure rate aboard aircrafts. :lol The FAA would end of air travel altogeather.

What a ^^^^ing mess. No other way to fancy it up.

NASA is retarded, Microsoft and Sony are retarded, were just taking the first steps to living in a Mike Judge, Idiocracy future.

Mark my words in 5 years they'll be telling you to pour gatorade on your broken PS4 because it has elecrolytes that games crave.

They need to get their shat together on the slim model that supposedly is coming next year. And I hope they learned their lesson from rushing out faulty hardware just to get a leg up on the competition.

I like the PS3 better for the Blu Ray. Xbox 360 has better selection of games for a console though. Lucky I have a PC.

I can't help but feel that indeed we really all are "addicted" to video games and its the only reason this is tolerated.

Its like "hey man, that guy robbed you last week, are you really going back to him?"

"Well who else can we get crack from?"

I asked this a few pages back I think but how many of you guys have Jasper 360's that have failed. From looking at other VG forums, most of the RROD seem to be pre-Jasper chipset models and really the only Jasper 360's I've heard that had alot of problems were the Resident Evil 5 Elites. I've heard of maybe around 10 Jasper Arcades that have RRODed/E74d. Of cousre that really doesn't mean anything especially since Jaspers are only about a year old.

Back