Xbox 360 Failure Rate Reaches 54%

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's my question though. does it mention how many people surveyed have a 1st release 360?? or did they just lump everyone together?? i bet the results would be different if they just surveyed people with new consoles and people with the older ones (before the re-design)

Realistically, I imagine the true failure rate to be around 20-30% which is still too high for a (originally) $400 console. Has anyone here had a 360 for more than two years and not had it fail (with regular use)?

Realistically, I imagine the true failure rate to be around 20-30% which is still too high for a (originally) $400 console. Has anyone here had a 360 for more than two years and not had it fail (with regular use)?
me. i've owned 2 systems for 2 years with no failures. i had a launch console without problems until i traded it in for a 1st release Elite which is still running flawlessly...and its quieter than my PS3.

... hey Wookie ... how is the noise your XBox makes compared to the PS3?

...... :lol

Well my Elite took a dump two weeks ago. It's not even two years old, and I thought I took all measures to insure it wouldn't RROD.:rolleyes:

I took it to a local guy who fixes the RROD, so I wouldn't have to deal with MS and the down time. It worked all but 30 minutes before it died again. Hopefully the 2nd time is the charm, if not I have no choice but to deal with MS.:banghead

overall I'd bet that number is exagerrated.
Just like with SS product, when some pieces go wrong, it could be less than 5% bad product, but those 5% would make up 90% of the posts in a thread about that product with complaints while the people happy with theirs sit quiet.

At least id like to think that fail rate isnt anywhere near that number....

aye!!! *raises hand*

My 360 Arcade is still less than a year old from it's manufacturing date and though I usually don't play my 360 much more than 3 or 4 hours at a time (though admittidly I have been playing Soul Calibur 4 quite vigorously the last few days) I'm still paranoid about it RRODing on me. Luckily from what I hear, the Arcades might be dropped to $149 so it will be fairly cheap to replace plus I still have the 3 year warranty in effect, not to mention with the PS3 dropping a $100 I'm hoping to pick on up later this year.

Has anyone had a Jasper 360 crap out on them yet?

Most of us who burn out a console probably do so because we play the living crap out of it. My PS3 will probably last forever because I only average maybe 2-4 hours of use per week. The 360? Easily 30 hours per week, minimum. You ride your horse hard enough, it'll eventually die.

Mine died last september, and I don't actually play it that much, like an hour at a time at the most and maybe once a day if at all so it's not like I overplayed it. It was an Elite too and had some of the newer hardware. But so far with my current one it's been fine.

Kinda considering getting a PS3 though, not really for games, but I want a Blu-Ray player and since a good one is like $150-$200 anyways, might as well spend $300 for the PS3.

aye!!! *raises hand*

+1

My lauch console is still going strong and it gets used everyday for gaming/dvd watching and i also have an Elite that has never had a problem.

My brother has had 2 broken 360's and a PS3 HDD die on him.

I have had two with no issues. :D

i bet the RROD is really a ploy by MS to embed a trojan into the 360s (like order 66 in revenge of the sith) so when they release their new system all they have to do is send out a new update so they cause every 360 to die, rendering us to have to buy the new MS system. the only problem is that they made a mistake and now the 360s just randomly die off after updating.

I've had my 360 for over 2 and a half years now with no issues. but i havent bought many new games for it recently as im very paranoid :lol Ijus wait for exclusives . I sometimes play on it for over 20 hours a week and even 3 - 6 hour stints . anyway i use the ps3 more these days. i like the browser - i'm typing this post on the ps3 riight now:lol

I've had my 360 since launch day and never had it fail yet. I have a Resident Evil 5 Red Elite and it hasn't failed yet either. It is my number one gaming console and gets played many times a day and every day.

Back