X-MEN Team setups

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got Wolverine ordered! In honor of it, here is some fan art I did over the past 2 nights. I'm so excited to get all these new pieces in over the next few weeks!

I plan on doing more of these for all the 90's cartoon Xmen to contain my excitement :)

Got a couple new pieces today! Bishop, which is my very first Bowen, and Gambit.

First off, Gambit is frickin fantastic. Way worth it. Best Paint apps on a Koto piece that I have seen in person. I love love love it. If this was 1/4 scale, it would be a grail.

Bishop is awesome too. It's my first Bowen, so I didn't know what to expect... The paint apps are as good as it gets. I get where all the praise for Bowen comes from now. The statue is surprisingly light though. Base sculpt is beyond fantastic.

I originally though I was going to make a team display in my detolf lol. These are much larger than I though. I can only fit like two on a shelf. Because of this. I'm gonna try to sell off some of my larger sideshow pieces and be selective of just keeping major characters. I'm looking to sell and trade: Spidey Com EX, Apoc EX, and Hulk Com EX.

Here's how I rate the statues I've gotten so far:

Cyclops:
Sculpt: 10
Paints: 7
Presence: 7
Overall: 7

Gambit:
Paints: 10
Presence: 10
Overall: 10

Bishop:
Paints: 10
Presence: 8
Overall: 8

Congrats man! If there is ever a 1/4 scale cyclops like that... I might make an exception.

Congrats man! If there is ever a 1/4 scale cyclops like that... I might make an exception.

Seriously though... If Eric Sosa could do 1/4 stuff in this style for Sideshow... That would be awesome. He does a great job of capturing Jim Lee's style, as opposed to the Marvel line that SS is doing right now. Although, I do understand SS is doing a more realistic style. I must say, there is a pretty large disparity in size between this 1/6 scale and the 1/4 scale stuff. The 1/4 scale feels more like art, and 1/6 feels more like elevated toys. I am definitely not going all 1/6. I just want to go 1/6 for X men.

Seriously though... If Eric Sosa could do 1/4 stuff in this style for Sideshow... That would be awesome. He does a great job of capturing Jim Lee's style, as opposed to the Marvel line that SS is doing right now. Although, I do understand SS is doing a more realistic style. I must say, there is a pretty large disparity in size between this 1/6 scale and the 1/4 scale stuff. The 1/4 scale feels more like art, and 1/6 feels more like elevated toys. I am definitely not going all 1/6. I just want to go 1/6 for X men.

I absolutely LOVE Sosa's work. If we could get 1/4 scale pieces from him, I'd be down with that for my favorite characters. Just look at his Marvel work for Koto. Specifically his X-MEN pieces. Fabulous stuff. I hear that he's doing XM's 1/4 Antman statue. I hope we see more 1/4 Marvel work from Erick.

That Bishop looks great... The movie should have tried to make Bishop look like comic version more.

That Bishop looks great... The movie should have tried to make Bishop look like comic version more.

I actually liked the way they depicted him. I do hate however the way they have done Storm in ALL the movies. They totally chose the wrong person to play her.

The movie Bishop actually is based on the comic version...just not his original 90s look. It's based on how he looked in his own series, late 90s I believe.

bishop1.jpg

Bishop.png
300px-Bishop_the_Last_X-Man_Vol_1_7.jpg

In movie Bishop didn't have the big scar on his face if I remember correctly.

Gambit looks sooo good! Nice set up you got going :D

Thanks!
It's gonna be epic in a week or so. I have a lot if pieces coming in the mail. It's like Hanukkah, where I get gifts galore!
.... Although I have to pay for them all lol.

I just got Wolverine ordered! In honor of it, here is some fan art I did over the past 2 nights. I'm so excited to get all these new pieces in over the next few weeks!

I plan on doing more of these for all the 90's cartoon Xmen to contain my excitement :)

wow im a bit late to reply to this post

This is just amazing I love it one of the best wolverine art I've seen for a while you'll have a new like on Facebook now :)

and your x-men setup is really coming along the scale will look awesome with the new sentinel

Back