X-MEN Team setups

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That beast com was so cheap for a while. I've seen it slowly climb up in value of late. What Storm is that? I really like it. Although I can't really see it.

Good lord, I freaking love that beast com.

I just Really Dig the Detail on Him and Yes he is Beast :lol:lol:lol

That beast com was so cheap for a while. I've seen it slowly climb up in value of late. What Storm is that? I really like it. Although I can't really see it.

That would be Marvel Masterpiece Storm by Toy Biz and yes she is 1/4 scale, here's a pic of her on a custom base I made from a old fireplace stand

I always thought that storm was a custom is it a statue ?

Thanks

So did they only do storm?

No clue. I just googled Storm Statue. Lol

To answer your question this Storm was an Exclusive at it's time and to the best of my knowledge and research this is all they ever produced, as a lot of you know Toy Biz is mostly known for Action Figures, that said they should have continued with more X-Men but I can say she does fit in well with SSC PF's

Be Cool
Al

P.S. https://www.ebay.com/itm/STORM-STAT...29?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item589621a3a5

I don't know why I have such a hard time pulling the trigger on some pieces but she looks bad ass and you guys collections are awesome !!!

What a great idea for a thread...looking forward to seeing more and maybe ill even post some pics

Holy crap, I've gone all in on this display lol. I now have all these on the way or deals in place :

Beast Bowen
Cyclops Koto
Gambit Koto
Psylocke Koto
Jean Grey
Wolverine Koto
Storm White Bowen
Cable Action Classic Bowen
Bishop Bowen

Still need these:
Professor X 225
Colossus Koto 400
Magneto Koto 500
Iceman action
Nightcrawler Bowen
Rogue?!?!! Koto make this!

Cyclops is on the Mail truck today. I already bought all my materials to repaint him. I bought him as a project and its what started this whole thing :)
Do you guys have any advice for customs?
I bought enamel paints and I already own acrylics. I plan on hand painting as opposed to airbrushing.
I got acetone, and some grey primer.

hmm enamels aren't easy to work with as they need a lot of time to cure.

Do you have experience with hand brushing? Honestly I would really recommend an airbrush for that type of work, you'll get a much smoother result.

Anyway, good luck :wink1:

hmm enamels aren't easy to work with as they need a lot of time to cure.

Do you have experience with hand brushing? Honestly I would really recommend an airbrush for that type of work, you'll get a much smoother result.

Anyway, good luck :wink1:

I want able to find lacquer paints you suggested to me. I am an artist though and paint oils and acrylics. I'm worried about the prep. Do I just use acetone the prime? Then I paint. Once it's dry, do I seal it? What do I use to seal?

Got Cyclops.... I went out and bought all these paints and ordered stuff on amazon for this project. I was expecting a horrible statue based off photos and reviews online....

I fricking love this thing lol.
I'm gonna return all the supplies I bought. I think the colors are great. It has the teeth look bad in pics but look perfect in person. So do all the other details. I don't have any issues with it at all. The only thing if I were to be extra picky would be that some paintlines bleed, but so do other statues I own.

Online pics did this thing no justice. The colors look so washed out online. It looks great in person. This is a great way to start off my collection! I should be having a bunch of statues rolling in over the next couple weeks :) I am gonna post pics as they come in.

BTW, I saw the Cyclops PF in person, and I like this one better. That is saying a lot. I owned the avengers from Koto and I like this more than all of them.

..Maybe the teeth aren't perfect. The more I look at them, they are Chiclets. My wife says so too :pfft:

I don't notice it too bad though. BTW I have him in close proximity to my punisher comiquette for the moment. That is a bad idea. Punisher is in a whole other league in quality . I will have to display him far away lol.
I have to say, I like the statue for the price and for te sake of the display though. I am very excited to get the other pieces coming.

Back