X-MEN Team setups

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi rulk

That's a really interesting read as an avid x-men reader and fan I've started to feel the same way s you discussed very well.
To me my favourite events of the past few years have all be x-men schism , curse of the mutants , age of x . The big crossover apart from civil war have been a but weak fear itself, infinity, age of ultron. So it does seen strange that the most recent as you said xmen event was so weak.

What I will say is that the avengers comics at the moment are not a good read trying to have too much going in and lots of random characters. It's my opinion I'm a few weeks off dropping avengers comics.

I have to say in still enjoying the comics especially the magneto solo series feels almost like a magneto max comic.

I didn't want to believe it but with the xm news combined with the lack of dofp merch I worry that x-men are being wiped out.

Have you heard what the ending of axis is rumoured to bring? No more mutants !! Quicksilver and scarlet which no longer being refered to as mutants.

If this happens ill just switch to marvel unlimited and read old xmen to keep me happy :)

Hope that made sense on phone lol

I do not read much X-Men, but what I have read I have really enjoyed. I grew up on the 90's X-Men Cartoon and still do read X-men via Marvel Unlimited. As I've stated in this thread previously, I will begin my x-men display with a cable statue. He is an important character to me. I feel like after falling in love with the terminator movies, he was an easy choice for favorite x-men with his orgin/background.

Hi rulk

That's a really interesting read as an avid x-men reader and fan I've started to feel the same way s you discussed very well.
To me my favourite events of the past few years have all be x-men schism , curse of the mutants , age of x . The big crossover apart from civil war have been a but weak fear itself, infinity, age of ultron. So it does seen strange that the most recent as you said xmen event was so weak.

What I will say is that the avengers comics at the moment are not a good read trying to have too much going in and lots of random characters. It's my opinion I'm a few weeks off dropping avengers comics.

I have to say in still enjoying the comics especially the magneto solo series feels almost like a magneto max comic.

I didn't want to believe it but with the xm news combined with the lack of dofp merch I worry that x-men are being wiped out.

Have you heard what the ending of axis is rumoured to bring? No more mutants !! Quicksilver and scarlet which no longer being refered to as mutants.

If this happens ill just switch to marvel unlimited and read old xmen to keep me happy :)

Hope that made sense on phone lol

Thank you for your input

It's a pleasure reading responses from avid X fans alike

great setup man! So, I've been noticing that my Cyclops seems to be leaning real bad. Does anyone else have this problem? If you look at Peedi's and then look at mine, you can see what i mean.

x-men-lineup.jpg

That looks awesome

I'm loving all these team setups, especially with Apocalypse! I can't wait to see an XM Magneto display. Mags sitting on his throne after he just wrecked the school, and the whole team just surrounding him.

Cool photo Peedi! :clap

Wow peedi that is phenomenal :) I want more bad guys to recreate the intro to the animated series :)

Thanks all!

Sarakawa I've seen some leaning statues but I've never seen a Cyclops lean like that before. I wonder if it can be adjusted back somehow?

bicoid while I think the XM Magneto is great from a sculpting standpoint I was never into the whole throne thing so I passed, but what you described really does sound awesome and would make a cool display. Hopefully some fellow board members can create that once he ships.

Hopefully when SS tackles Magneto they'll have the mindset of delivering something that doesn't completely fail to the XM statue and is posed more dynamic because as much as I prefer Apocalypse as a villain, I'd love to have a Magneto fighting in this setup.

As for the other discussions going on, I'm a long time X-Men reader, pretty much since X-Men #1 in 1991 and it pains me to say that as much as I LOVE these characters, especially after enjoying them for over 20 years, most of my life at this point, I've dropped all of my X-Men books as of last year (except All New X-Factor, while an X book that team doesn't communicate with the X-Men). The current direction is horrible to me. Characters I absolutely love and I feel just about everything being done with them is boring or pointless. Congrats mostly goes to Jason Aaron for making this long time X-Men reader completely give up. 1991-2013.

Back