X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=96107

In the latest issue of Total Film magazine, for which X-Men: Days of Future Past has made the cover, director Bryan Singer talked a bit about the forthcoming X-Men: Apocalypse. “We're going to deal the the notion of ancient mutants - the fact they were born and existed thousands of years ago,” Singer rehashed. “But it'll be a contemporary movie - well, it'll take place in the '80s... The '80s is a period now - it's hard for me to believe that!” He continued, “Apocalypse will have more of the mass destruction that X-Men films, to date, have not relied upon. There’s definitely now a character and a story that allow room for that kind of spectacle.” As for his process on the 2016 sequel, Singer says, “We’re currently breaking the story. We’re almost ready to go. Dan Harris, michael Dougherty and Simon Kinberg are in the office across the street from me, working on story stuff right now. It’s great to have Dan and Michael back.”

Asked who can we expect in the X-Men Apocalypse lineup, besides First Class characters, Singer says “I don’t want to get too specific, but we’ll introduce familiar characters in a younger time. That’ll be fun to show the audience. I call these movies in-between-quels. It’s a mind-[frick] sometimes in terms of where things fall in the timeline!” Finally, Bryan Singer was asked if there are X-Men stories he'd like to tell beyond Apocalypse. “Yeah, there actually are,” he assured. “It all stems back to when I did [the first] X-Men. You always want to know where a character’s going to go, what their future’s going be like. You can always sequelise. But on that film I also had actors asking ‘Who am I? Where did my character come from?’ So as a director you always need a backstory to give your actors. It may not be the right backstory, but it’s one you can give the actor to help them understand their character. These prequels are really exciting for me because they give me a chance to explore ideas I came up with more than a decade ago.”

Read more at https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=96107#eHwjHHM4qJsZK3AM.99

6mky.png

n8dv.png

7zbw.jpg

09829-089.png

watch
so familiar characters will be return but in a younger time so Singer is here to fix things lol

Despite all the hype Singer is trying to pump in for AoA to ensure he has a job promoting himself for the next 3-4 years (I have never seen a director grandstanding and feeding his bloated ego so much, not even Michael Bay). FOX is throwing in everything but the kitchen sink -- a huge star-studded cast, sentinels, a big budget reportedly topping $250Million, etc. So I'm sure they are expecting Avengers-level box office. I don't know where the cutoff point would be, and I'm sure it won't tank like Green Lantern (which to be honest could certainly happen with GotG), but I would guess if they don't hit at least $800 million worldwide, they won't be able to crow too loudly. Sure it will open at #1, but it will have to hold that slot for at least three weeks. It's got a good opening date only going up against an Adam Sandler movie, but Godzilla opens a week before so there could still be holdover from the target audience. Maleficent is the only real competition the week after, but that is a different audience. But the following Week is Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow and How to Train Your Dragon. So could be a tough field or they could blow it out of the park. Regardless, don't count on FOX giving this up for the foreseeable. Even if it underperforms they will simply reboot, which would not necessarily be a bad thing. But the more likely scenario is that we will be getting yet another dose of Singers "realistic" X-Men in biker black leather in 2016/17.

Despite all the hype Singer is trying to pump in for AoA to ensure he has a job promoting himself for the next 3-4 years (I have never seen a director grandstanding and feeding his bloated ego so much, not even Michael Bay). FOX is throwing in everything but the kitchen sink -- a huge star-studded cast, sentinels, a big budget reportedly topping $250Million, etc. So I'm sure they are expecting Avengers-level box office. I don't know where the cutoff point would be, and I'm sure it won't tank like Green Lantern (which to be honest could certainly happen with GotG), but I would guess if they don't hit at least $800 million worldwide, they won't be able to crow too loudly. Sure it will open at #1, but it will have to hold that slot for at least three weeks. It's got a good opening date only going up against an Adam Sandler movie, but Godzilla opens a week before so there could still be holdover from the target audience. Maleficent is the only real competition the week after, but that is a different audience. But the following Week is Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow and How to Train Your Dragon. So could be a tough field or they could blow it out of the park. Regardless, don't count on FOX giving this up for the foreseeable. Even if it underperforms they will simply reboot, which would not necessarily be a bad thing. But the more likely scenario is that we will be getting yet another dose of Singers "realistic" X-Men in biker black leather in 2016/17.

well said :goodpost:

The X-Men franchise is the Cosby sweater of superhero cinema. Everyone knows they're out of fashion but we watch anyway.

Back