X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/x_...what_are_the_summers_most_anticipated_movies/

The summer movie season is just weeks away, so it's time to get excited. Of course, most people don't need much encouragement to get psyched up for blockbuster season, so we at RT have put together a list of the 10 most anticipated summer releases, ranked by "want to see" percentage and number of votes (as of today, anyway). Unsurprisingly, people are in the mood for superheroes, sequels, and wild comedies; what do you want to see this summer?

1. X-Men: Days of Future Past (100 percent, 110,869 votes)
The stars of the X-Men trilogy (Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman) share the screen with the folks from X-Men: First Class (Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy). Plus Brian Singer is directing, so the anticipation for this probably couldn't get much higher.

Click here to watch the trailer.

2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (99 percent, 98,643 votes)
Look out! Here comes Andrew Garfield in his second outing as everyone's favorite web-slinger. This time out, ol' webhead faces down Electro (Jamie Foxx), the Green Goblin (Dane DeHaan) and the Rhino (Paul Giamatti).

3. How to Train Your Dragon 2 (99 percent, 79,900 votes)
Hiccup and Toothless are back to fly the often less-than-friendly skies in what's undoubtedly the most successful Viking franchise in Hollywood history.

4. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (99 percent, 62,130 votes)
Andy Serkis is back as Caesar, and this time he's joined by Jason Clarke, Gary Oldman, and Keri Russell.

5. Guardians of the Galaxy (99 percent, 42,476 votes)
Unlike the Avengers and the X-Men, this posse of Marvel characters is short on a-list superheroes, but with a cast that includes Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, and Zoe Saldana, it's got enough star power to excite the comics crowd.

6. Godzilla (99 percent, 34,533 votes)
Nothing can kill Godzilla -- not an oxygen destroyer, not King Kong, not even Roland Emmerich. Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, and Bryan Cranston try to avoid getting squashed this time.

7. 22 Jump Street (99 percent, 27,022 votes)
Given the breezy comic chemistry between Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill in 21 Jump Street, it's no surprise that audiences are looking forward to more.

8. Neighbors (99 percent, 10,474 votes)
Seth Rogen, Zac Efron, and Rose Byrne star in this wacky comedy about a war between frat boys and a young couple with a newborn baby.

9. Transformers: Age of Extinction (98 percent, 103,792 votes)
Look up "critic-proof" in the dictionary and you'll find the Transformers franchise -- though with Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, and the dinobots on board, perhaps a sense of cautious optimism is warranted.

10. Hercules (98 percent, 34,433 votes)
Critically and commercially, The Legend of Hercules laid a pterodactyl-sized egg earlier this year, but hope springs eternal for RT users that a second cinematic go-around in 2014 -- this time with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as the legendary strongman -- will be mightier.

Nam, I can’t wait for that free ticket :lol

tumblr_m3wbwdGvuj1qg4blro1_500.gif

Last edited:
Don't hold your breath. The campaign for GotG kicks off next Tuesday in place of AoS, on network television, plus the tie-in in the post credits sequence in WS. :wink1:

You have to admit, the fact that DOFP only released one CGI-less trailer, and its most anticipated on most websites, thats pretty impressive.

The bet is TWS vs DOFP right? Loser pays for winner’s GOTG movie ticket. I have a horrible memory.

You have to admit, the fact that DOFP only released one CGI-less trailer, and its most anticipated on most websites, thats pretty impressive.

The bet is TWS vs DOFP right? Loser pays for winner’s GOTG movie ticket. I have a horrible memory.

I don't really have to admit anything other than the DofP fanboys are working in overdrive to make others think this film is going to be better than it actually is, while the GotG fans are sitting back and waiting for a film that's going to deliver on all levels. :lol

But yeah, there's no way DOFP will be beating WS, so I'll look forward to your treating me to GotG. :lol

https://www.superherohype.com/news/...ast-image-second-trailer-coming-soon#/slide/1

Twentieth Century Fox (via Total Film) has released a brand new still from their upcoming film X-Men: Days of Future Past which you can check out in the gallery viewer below. In addition, the second trailer for the film has been rated by the BBFC, so expect it to be online very soon.

Hitting theaters on May 23, 2014, the film stars Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Halley Berry, Nicholas Hoult, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Peter Dinklage, Omar Sy, Daniel Cudmore, Fan Bingbing, Boo Boo Stewart, Adan Canto, Josh Helman and Lucas Till.

The ultimate X-Men ensemble fights a war for the survival of the species across two time periods in X-Men: Days of Future Past. The beloved characters from the original “X-Men” film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from X-Men: First Class, in an epic battle that must change the past – to save our future.

Second trailer coming soon!

https://www.ign.com/articles/2014/0...t-was-originally-in-x-men-days-of-future-past

“I’m the Juggernaut!” Well, almost.

It turns out actor Josh Helman, who plays a young William Stryker in the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past, was originally set to appear in the comic adaptation as a very different, if familiar, Marvel character: the Juggernaut. “I originally got hired on a different role, which is no longer in the script -- it was going to be young Juggernaut,” Helman explained when IGN visited the set of the film. “So I was like, ‘Oh, s#!t. I’ve got to put on like 30 pounds!’ So I was training for like four weeks, and then I got a phone call saying, ‘Good news and bad news. Bad news first: Juggernaut’s no longer in the script. Good news: They’re having trouble with another role and they want to see you for it.’”

It’s not clear exactly what happened with the Juggernaut in terms of the script, though Helman says that the filmmakers decided to go in a different direction with “that sequence in the film.” [Update: Actually, it sounds like the character was replaced by Quicksilver. Writer Simon Kinberg “had originally employed a young Juggernaut in the same function," director Bryan Singer tells Empire.] No doubt this is a normal part of putting a picture like this together, particularly an X-Men movie where there are so many characters, many of whom are often in supporting or small, powers-specific roles. Still, it worked out for Helman.

“I feel very fortunate that it worked out this way, because Stryker is an amazing character,” he says.

And besides, we’ll always have X-Men: The Last Stand’s Juggernaut.

Back