X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Punisher: War Zone was actually a pretty cool movie. They definitely got the Punisher's brutality down right and I like Ray Stevenson in the role. It destroys the abomination that is X3 by a doggone country mile. Will never watch that, or probably even the first two, again.
I don't like Punisher as a character - so no interest in the films.

I watched the first one once when it was new, & haven't seen the other one.

No interest. :huh :lol

War Zone is underrated.

It had better and more gore than the F13 reboot that same year. :lol

The only really really bad scene was the shoot out on the stairs at the house, they were 10 feet from each other shooting and missing and the political speech in front of the waving flag. :lol

There are some awesome kills in that movie.

They wanted a harder Punisher movie and I feel they succeeded and delivered just that, plus RS was awesome.

That being said, I will watch Dredd over PWZ any day of the week. :lol

Last edited:
War Zone was easily the best Punisher movie, and is fun if you don't try to over-analyze it. Like Invictus says, Stevenson did a great job and nailed what Punisher is supposed to be IMO.

But yeah, Dredd was a far superior film.

I actually have watched War Zone quite a few times. Theres alot I like, but theres some things that really should have been tightened up on. Overall its a fun watch, but they could definitely have taken it up a notch or two. Total props to Stevenson though, he delivers as the Punisher imo and just didn't get the movie he deserved.

War Zone was easily the best Punisher movie, and is fun if you don't try to over-analyze it. Like Invictus says, Stevenson did a great job and nailed what Punisher is supposed to be IMO.

But yeah, Dredd was a far superior film.

I agree!

Though I give credit to Thomas Jane for his time as Castle, I think War Zone was a superior film compared to the Jane Punisher. It nailed the look, the violence and the attitude of the Punisher. Stevenson is a terrific actor and can play a big loveable tough guy (a la Volstagg and his time as Titus Pullo in ROME) or a stone-faced killer (The Punisher or when Pullo got mad in ROME).

Unfortunately the experiment for an R-rated Marvel movie didn't work out so well. There's constantly rumors of a "Punisher" TV series. Honestly, the character would be right at home on a network like STARZ! or HBO. Maybe an R-rated Netflix series would be good too!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=96476

X-Men: Days of Future Past doesn't hit theaters for another 2 months, but that hasn't stopped director Bryan Singer from teasing the 2016 follow-up to the "inbetweenquel," X-Men: Apocalypse. As he previously declared that the massively-destructive sequel will include younger versions of familiar mutants, many fans garnered hope that we'd finally see Cyclops and Jean Grey in full glory again. While that possibility still remains, Singer recently revealed to Cine Premiere there're two other familiar mutants he is mulling over. "I'm considering a Gambit and potentially a young Nightcrawler for Apocalypse," he said. "[I was] going to have Nightcrawler appear [in Days of Future Past] and even wrote a scene, but I felt that we were forcing too many mutants known history." As for the rest of the team, the Mexican magazine source suggests that Bryan Singer "ensured that the film will only show the last mutants (Google Translated)." What do you think?

Read more at https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=96476#jQgdToRSfch5BTZl.99

I just feel every mutant in the X-Men franchise is a cameo except for Wolverine, Prof X and Magneto and maybe Mystique. Everyone else I truly feel Fox just uses them for one movie and trashes them

Ugh... Nightcrawler > Quicksilver. Yet another great cameo sacrificed to play games with Marvel Studios. :(

You got that right. i mean come on. The nightcrawler scenes were just to damn epic in X2. In the other movie I feel like they are just trying to fill him in by putting some other teleporter in. Nightcrawler is a fan favorite. im surprised he wouldn't be in this movie.

I feel Singer should step away from the franchise now he talking about putting gambit into it like come on what makes gambit good is when rogue is around and she don't exist in this time line .

There's plenty of other reasons why Gambit is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogue isn't the only thing that makes Gambit good, she's just the cherry on top.

My fear is he puts Gambit in the film and he sucks. I think FOX even wanted Channing Tatum for the role?

I think Channing can pull it off if he was casted. Supposedly he is from NO, and is very familiar with doing a cajun accent, so he saids.

I wouldn't be too against it, and of course he will bring a lot of teenage girls to go see it.

I think Channing can pull it off if he was casted. Supposedly he is from NO, and is very familiar with doing a cajun accent, so he saids.

I wouldn't be too against it, and of course he will bring a lot of teenage girls to go see it.

Chugging Taintum would be the death knell for this franchise.

I don't think so, I know he still has that stigma of being a bad actor, but so did Chris Evans before he was casted as Cap. In fact Tatum has had more successful films than Evans did before he was casted as Cap critically, and financially. I have faith he would do the character justice.

I don't remember Chris Evans ever receiving massive amounts of hate like Channing Tatum, or being labelled a "bad actor". The success of some of Tatum's films doesn't make him a good actor.

I've always thought Chris Evans was at the least a decent actor in his pre-Cap films, and I'd say he's bordering great as Cap. Channing Tatum on the other hand has been awful in just about every film I've seen him in. He was OK at best in 21 Jump Street, which is considered by most to be his most well-acted performance. Personally I thought he gave a bland and boring performance. Not as bad as his other roles, but nothing special, or even good. He could have been easily replaced by any actor on the planet.

But yeah, do not want Charming Tater (credit to a-dev) in X-men.

I don't remember Chris Evans ever receiving massive amounts of hate like Channing Tatum, or being labelled a "bad actor". The success of some of Tatum's films doesn't make him a good actor.

I've always thought Chris Evans was at the least a decent actor in his pre-Cap films, and I'd say he's bordering great as Cap. Channing Tatum on the other hand has been awful in just about every film I've seen him in. He was OK at best in 21 Jump Street, which is considered by most to be his most well-acted performance. Personally I thought he gave a bland and boring performance. Not as bad as his other roles, but nothing special, or even good. He could have been easily replaced by any actor on the planet.

But yeah, do not want Charming Tater (credit to a-dev) in X-men.

I think he best performance was actually Magic Mike (Nam's favorite film) jk.

If there going for a younger Gambit, I think he can work. Maybe he can change some minds this year with Jupiter's Ascending release.

Back