X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not familiar with the source story, but it sounds like they will use time travel to branch off into a new timeline in which the events in Ratner's X3 never happen. That makes me happy.

Pretty much confirmation that X3 doesn't count for canon

:yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

Not sure about that. Pheonix may have simply knocked Professor X into the future and not actually destroy him. Much like in the animated series "Wolverine and the X-Men".

Also, note that Magneto had regained his powers in the epilogue.

I am not familiar with the source story, but it sounds like they will use time travel to branch off into a new timeline in which the events in Ratner's X3 never happen. That makes me happy.

:exactly: Although they may not even acknowledge this, it could definitely be basis for setting up any continuity in future movies they ever wanted to have. X-3 was simply what could have been. :lol

So XFC, X1, X2 & TW?

Sounds good to me

I'd prefer if it started out in the Desolate Sentinel controlled Future with their characters haggered and on their last days and then to have the time-travel move the plot back in time to the First Class cast trying to prevent he assassination that caused the dystopian future.

Well in the comics that person was Senator Kelly who died in the first film.

Anyhow, this is perfect to lead into "Age of Apocalypse". Once they correct the time line to prevent the dystopian future, they simply set it on a course where Apocalypse rules the future instead.

This is dumb why don't they just remake x3 then this was a reboot in some sorts.

See below

Pretty much.

Could turn out to be a genius move. I'm sure if Wolverine 2 is any good they'll find a way to weave that into continuity as well

Well in the comics that person was Senator Kelly who died in the first film.

Anyhow, this is perfect to lead into "Age of Apocalypse". Once they correct the time line to prevent the dystopian future, they simply set it on a course where Apocalypse rules the future instead.

As long as it's a person with political power then it doesn't matter who really, though there was a rumour it'd be Magneto controlling the Magic bullet to kill Kennedy, which would be a fantastic scene and era on film.

Perhaps it is discovered that a Mutant killed this beloved political leader thus set a chain of events to allow for the hatred of mutantkind, concetration camps and anit-mutant sentinals of DOFP to be instigated in the future timeline.

I'm betting The Wolverine will tie in as a prequel to the dystopian future

I doubt it as it's supposed to be based on Frank Miller and Chris Claremont's 4 issue run of Wolverine.

Anyhow, I'm happy to hear that Singer won't be using the Leather suits anymore. I really hope that we will see X-Men uniforms. Hopefully starting with The Wolverine and see the brown and yellow costume. One can hope.

For the Wolverine i'm thinking he'll be in some sort of ritualistic costume-armour for a honour fight against Silver Samuriai and they'll have that suit resemble his comic one

Can someone explain how this will negate the (Horrible) events of X3 and NOT X-men and X2.

In particular the flashback sequence in X3 with Professor X and Magento discovering Jean Grey which shows Prof X walking.

X3 really hasn't existed in my mind since I first saw it in the theaters and immediately tried my damnedest to forget all of what I saw. I thought even Wolvie: Origins had some saving graces (like Reynolds as Deadpool and Schreiber as Sabretooth), but X3 was just garbage across the board. Such a massive disappointment. . .why did you all have to remind me about it? :lol

This is going to be confusing as hell. So The Wolverine takes place after X3, but The Days of Future Past is still ignoring that X3 exists? I kind of wish The Wolverine was a prequel, to avoid this mess. :lol

This takes place between Avengers and IM3 but before Daredevil and Ghost Rider 1 but simultaneously alongside Cap 1 and Blade although just after Hulk 2 and Spiderman 1 but concurrently with Thor 1 but way before Blade 3 leading up to Spiderman 2 but can be viewed as a precursor to X1-X2 while still working towards Thor 2, Cap 2 and Episode VII.

It's really pretty easy to figure it all out.

This takes place between Avengers and IM3 but before Daredevil and Ghost Rider 1 but simultaneously alongside Cap 1 and Blade although just after Hulk 2 and Spiderman 1 but concurrently with Thor 1 but way before Blade 3 leading up to Spiderman 2 but can be viewed as a precursor to X1-X2 while still working towards Thor 2, Cap 2 and Episode VII.

It's really pretty easy to figure it all out.

I thought that was a given.:dunno:lol

X3 really hasn't existed in my mind since I first saw it in the theaters and immediately tried my damnedest to forget all of what I saw. I thought even Wolvie: Origins had some saving graces (like Reynolds as Deadpool and Schreiber as Sabretooth), but X3 was just garbage across the board. Such a massive disappointment. . .why did you all have to remind me about it? :lol

Really? I thought X-Men: Origins Wolverine made X3 look like the Godfather.

Back