X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Singer lost his credibility with me after Superman Returns. If he taints First Class with a suck-ass follow-up I'll be very, very angry.

And if Kevin Spacey is in this I ain't going.

But he's playing Emma Frost. :dunno

g-Kevin-Spacey.jpg

X-Men continuity has always been some assembly required. Okay... it's a lost cause. Now the movies are finally starting to reflect that. Par for the course?

My hopes for this film

* Cyclops isn't dead and makes a return. This time to a greater role.
* The movie, unlike X1-X3, isn't all about Wolverine.
* Return of Nightcrawler and Kitty Pride
* Greater role for Colossus

This takes place between Avengers and IM3 but before Daredevil and Ghost Rider 1 but simultaneously alongside Cap 1 and Blade although just after Hulk 2 and Spiderman 1 but concurrently with Thor 1 but way before Blade 3 leading up to Spiderman 2 but can be viewed as a precursor to X1-X2 while still working towards Thor 2, Cap 2 and Episode VII.

It's really pretty easy to figure it all out.

Where does Howard the Duck fit in all that? :monkey3

My hopes for this film

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture :pray:

Singer lost his credibility with me after Superman Returns. If he taints First Class with a suck-ass follow-up I'll be very, very angry.

And if Kevin Spacey is in this I ain't going.

I agree with regard to Singer's involvement. Superman Returns and even X1 and X2 are a *huge* stepdown from X:FC. It was bad enough that his influence prevented FC from having more X-Men icons (due to it being part of continuity where said icons wouldn't come of age until the early 21st century,) and now he's shifting focus from McAvoy and Fassbender to HIS original actors? Color me less than impressed.

I agree with regard to Singer's involvement. Superman Returns and even X1 and X2 are a *huge* stepdown from X:FC. It was bad enough that his influence prevented FC from having more X-Men icons (due to it being part of continuity where said icons wouldn't come of age until the early 21st century,) and now he's shifting focus from McAvoy and Fassbender to HIS original actors? Color me less than impressed.

How was it Singer's influence that prevented FC not being able to use the original iconic X-Men? It was FC that decided to take place in the 60's. Perhaps if Vaugn and his team decided to make FC in the 90's he wouldn't have had this issue.

As for the shifting of focus from McAvoy and Fassbender, that's not the case. Both sets of Professor X and Magneto actors will be in the film.

Really hope it's at least an equal share of McKellan/Stewart and Fassbender/McAvoy. I don't mind Singer bringing them back, but just don't shift the series focus to them again.

And erase X3 from our minds please.

Really hope it's at least an equal share of McKellan/Stewart and Fassbender/McAvoy. I don't mind Singer bringing them back, but just don't shift the series focus to them again.

And erase X3 from our minds please.

I like McKellan and Stewart. Magneto should be old. Stewart is Professor X. I don't mind Fassbender and McAvoy in films taking place in the 60's, but that's it.

My hopes for this film

Agreed mostly, except Cyke doesn't look to have a place in the story

they're all already dead in the story execpt wolverine & kitty :lol

Wrong, all are still alive at the end of X2

I hope cyclops is in this one. And if so he should actually be in the movie for more than 5 minutes, unlike the previous films.

Back