X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Untitled Sequel to X-Men First Class

I actually agree with Logan. Watchmen isn't a story that is going to appeal to a mass of moviegoers. It is subversive, complex, and extremely dark. If you stick Batman in there, sure, folks will see it. But based on characters who only exist in that storyline, that can't appeal to young kids at all, and that has themes of graphic violence, rape, and mass death, yet focuses on colorful superheroes? You're restricting yourself to a pretty limited audience from the get-go.

:goodpost::exactly::clap

I never thought that Watchmen would have mainstream appeal, the way.....say.....Batman does now.

Watchmen was alright it's not great but it's not awful. XFC was pretty fun and carried by Fassbender/McAvoy. I want to see more of that dynamic develop and think that would make for a good sequel. Being a Wolverine fan I'd like to see him in any x-men film.

They had to know what they had. How could they not? It flopped because the average moviegoer just didn't get the film and all they could focus on was a big blue dong.

Yes and no. I believe most of us enjoyed it because we knew what we were going in to see. However, WB advertised the hell out of Watchmen as a superhero movie so people were expecting to see a "smash-em-up" type flick. Then when they sat down and watched, essentially, a murder mystery/drama with tights unfold, they were disappointed. Anybody complaining about the blue dong has deeper issues than WB's mishandling the marketing for it.

First Class was pretty good, but Days of Future Past? I dunno about that, wouldn't Wolverine need to play a large role? I wasn't expecting him to be on the team. Will Cable and Apocalypse also be in it? Or just Bishop?

Doesn't sound like a good idea tbh.

I just want Sentinels and more Magneto.

First Class was pretty good, but Days of Future Past? I dunno about that, wouldn't Wolverine need to play a large role? I wasn't expecting him to be on the team. Will Cable and Apocalypse also be in it? Or just Bishop?

Doesn't sound like a good idea tbh.

I just want Sentinels and more Magneto.

come on its fox they wont follow a storyline they will make up there own.

Looking forward to this first one is my favourite comic book movie :)

I hope Emma has a better role in this and has hair more like Betty Draper this time.

If it's Days of Future Past, I hope they figure out a way to cram as many characters from the original story in as possible. Since Wolvie played a big role, he would be included. I figure they'll do a very loose version of that storyline, though, and that the core from the first film will return as the main protagonists. I don't expect to see Kitty or Rachel Summers.

Days of future past would be very very cool..You get time travel Wolverine ,APOCALYPSE, Bishop, Forge Sentinals devastation and the evil 4 horseman ARCHANGEL ,the story of Apocalypse IMMORTAL Power from eygpt and just a very dark story with morph also and good sentinel fighting bad sentinel's just everything to make a Great film...but wont make it because its too good a story..Just like if made the what if comics into a bunch of short films rolled into one movie like tails from the crypt story's/ movie ...would love to see it made Wolverine ,Sentinalls thats enough said......

most of my info is from the oldschool xmen cartoon and have read a bunch of xmen comics but, dont remember if ever read this in the comics so again most of my info is from the oldschool xmen cartoon ...

I'd like to see them incorporate the original story-line from the comics and have Storm, Colossus, Wolverine and Kitty involved somehow...but that's just the fanboy in me. :D

xmen-days-of-future-past.jpg

I know the story would be completely different for the movies.

Back