X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely not. Details aside, FC had it as close to CB-accuracy as we could get.

Again, I said the BASE of the helmet, i.e its general shape... the middle point doesn't go to the end of the nose in any of the pics you posted, it frames his eye area then comes down to the sides of his mouth. Its got a nice overall shape and looks well tailored to Fass's head, I think I pretty much covered in my post that the rest of it, the testure, the paint, etc... was just a bad move. I Never said anything about it being a better helm than the one in FC, though, so I don't know what point you were actually trying to make, since I was just agreeing with Buttmunch that they could have done much more with what they have going on here.

Well, the DOFP base looks very close to how its generally shown in the comic, I'm with you, mystified why they left it bleak and crumbling. Maybe theres a reason for it in movie, but I'd love to see the new helmet shopped up with the colors from FC.

I'm not 100% clear on this but if you remember from one of the trailers, there's a scene with Magneto in what looks like a museum or something and he holds his hand out to guide the helmet out of its glass case.

I suppose it was in a museum or in some high security facility? Hence why it looks all busted and disheveled.

I too, am not a fan of Singer's costume design work. The leather X-Men outfits worked out well in my opinion for the first movies, but I'm overly disappointed with the costume design in DOFP. I know he goes for a "semi-realistic" look and in that sense, they do work, but I would like to see them look a little bit more "superheroic" like they do in the comics. For example, Wolverine's future costume could've had a better emphasis on the blue and yellow parts (which are discreetly hidden behind the black vest and more visible along his arms).

However, Singer is known as "character/ensemble director" and he puts a big emphasis on characterization. I think he purposely made the costumes dull and non-heroic because he wants to "ground" the movie a bit and focus more on characters than what suits they're wearing.

Perhaps in X-Men:Apocalypse we'll see the X-Men go back towards more uniform and "heroic" outfits once the timeline is straightened up.

Nah, I've only seen one trailer. Despite hanging out in the superhero threads I do try to avoid seeing anything but the earliest of trailers for movies. I hate seeing something really cool and then being mad in the movie that I had already seen it. I know people are complaining about the Spiderman trailers because of that, but honestly I feel like every major release seems to go too far anymore.

Inb4 people ***** about some poor costume designs in that awesome footage.

Seriously though, that was great. If the rest of the movie is half as good as that I'll be very pleased.

It did look great, but gah i dnt like the camera work at all. Doesnt really immerse you . To mich wide angles you know? I really enjoyed Iceman scene tho, pretty awesome work there

i like the BOOBOO and BingBing team up.

bishop looks too clunky, he should lose the gear a bit if he's gonna do a lot of running. :lol

That actually looked pretty cool. Costumes are what they are. I just hope he gets these characters correct, and not just the bland versions he(Singer) did in his previous films. But I am excited for this one. I hope it lives up to at least The Wolverine. I really enjoyed that one, especially the Director's Cut.

Didn't watch, I take it thats actual footage and not a new preview since its labeled opening battle?

a clip? get that **** away from me!

It’s was heavily edited for the MTV awards.

BlMeiPzCEAAfeMS.png

Warpath, Colossus and Bishop look pretty cool, it was a pretty cool clip.

I HATE what they did to Sunspot, they turned him into another human torch :slap

The clip was great! I especially liked how all the X-Men used their powers together. That's the kind of stuff you'd see in the comics...

Back