X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time I cared enough to look at his helm... Eww!
Another important X-thing that was almost perfect in FC yet again ruined.
They couldn't just change the shape for a better fit, it'd be too simple and logical.

7584448586_zpsb47c5e38.jpg

he's reliving his glory days as a SPARTAN. :lol

its pretty obvious at this stage, dr. trask in this universe has a napoleon complex. :lol

Wait, I thought their powers developed around puberty (like Rogue in X1 or Bobby in X2 from what his parents say for instance)? Why the hell are their super mutant babies?

they inserted the BS about chernobyl incident in russia advancing mutant characteristics as early as babies. lolz

Totally unrealistic. Hopefully they provide a glimpse of Storm's origin, when her parents were meteorologists who met at a disco next to a nuclear power plant. :lecture

First time I cared enough to look at his helm... Eww!
Another important X-thing that was almost perfect in FC yet again ruined.
They couldn't just change the shape for a better fit, it'd be too simple and logical.

7584448586_zpsb47c5e38.jpg

Sebastian Shaw has style.

Magneto doesn't.

You can see why they changed his helmet.

FC has a sharp nose dagger that looks like it could stab his face if he sneezed. :lol

Yeah. I kinda see your point there. Lol. Actually, I think the new helmet looks like it fits better too. I'm just not crazy about the texture they added to it. Also, I preferred the brighter red color that they used at the end of "First Class" to the more muted colors that Singer seems to prefer. It's a minor gripe, really. I'm sure Fassbender will be great again as Magneto, regardless of any cosmetic changes to the suit.

The First Class helmet was perfect, maybe I'm biased, I usually dig Matthew Vaughans take on superhero stuff.

Its not that the design changes are horrible for the DOFP movie, in fact some of the design element actually looks better, but I wonder why it looks like its chiseled from stone rather than looking metallic. That unicolor I think is the part that keeps the helmet from shining.

The First Class helmet was perfect, maybe I'm biased, I usually dig Matthew Vaughans take on superhero stuff.

Its not that the design changes are horrible for the DOFP movie, in fact some of the design element actually looks better, but I wonder why it looks like its chiseled from stone rather than looking metallic. That unicolor I think is the part that keeps the helmet from shining.

Some changes are for the better, prime examples are Beast's cosmetics and Mystique (well maybe J-Law filled out lol)

But I do wish Mag's helmet still had the same colors.

i think the helmet is supposed to be the one from the first class film helmet and from what we saw in the trailers, magneto steals it back and since this is year later, maybe the metal is starting to have fatigue to it from its time stored away... maybe

Sebastian Shaw has style.

Magneto doesn't.

I think the coloring and smoothness of the first one is great, but the design switch (ie lack of the bridgework covering half his face) of the new one is better. The coloring and roughness however does look like crap. Had it been more polished up and fine tuned like Shaw's it would be great, but I got to agree Bacon's helmet is the better of the two. If you could take the new one and smooth it out and give it a non-bunt looking or non-carved from stone paint job it would be a decent upgrade. This one seems more fitted to his face (which I guess is true since the other one was fitted for Shaw).

I think the coloring and smoothness of the first one is great, but the design switch (ie lack of the bridgework covering half his face) of the new one is better. The coloring and roughness however does look like crap. Had it been more polished up and fine tuned like Shaw's it would be great, but I got to agree Bacon's helmet is the better of the two. If you could take the new one and smooth it out and give it a non-bunt looking or non-carved from stone paint job it would be a decent upgrade. This one seems more fitted to his face (which I guess is true since the other one was fitted for Shaw).

Well, the DOFP base looks very close to how its generally shown in the comic, I'm with you, mystified why they left it bleak and crumbling. Maybe theres a reason for it in movie, but I'd love to see the new helmet shopped up with the colors from FC.

Back