Wow. Some ebay buyers have balls. Guy asks for discount immediately after purchase.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nintenjoe

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I had a hot toys ETD bruce lee listed as a buy it now. This clown from the UK buys it and then sends me a message asking for a $30 discount because he has to pay tax when he gets it. ARE YOU ____ING SERIOUS? This is a first for me. Also, my auction clearly states for international buyers to contact me for a shipping quote since it can be expensive. Did he contact me for a shipping quote? Of course not. I was literally shocked that he asked for a discount right after purchase. _______s like this deserve a negative feedback, but thanks to ebay's assclown policy, his record will go unscathed.

Auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1305838097...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649#ht_3839wt_1405

buyer: ultimate8pac

putting his name out there if anyone wishes to block him.

Last edited:
Re: Wow. Some ebay buyers have balls. Guy asks for refund immediately after purchase.

Thanks for the heads up. Buyers like this everywhere. Nickel and dime you to death until sale isn't even worth it.

Re: Wow. Some ebay buyers have balls. Guy asks for refund immediately after purchase.

I personally find it pretty ballsy of you to just put his name out and post this before anything has been resolved. If nothing's resolved after the dispute, that you then mention his name that's good. Give people the chance to resolve the issues before putting them in bad daylight, deserved or not.

Ebays policies are ridiculous! I had to deal with some asshat doing the same thing to me a few months ago. I can't leave negative feedback for a stunt like that but someone wants to give me a lower star rating because he disagrees with my shipping time ( less than 48 hours) and my funds get held by paypal and I get stuck with higher fees.

I personally find it pretty ballsy of you to just put his name out and post this before anything has been resolved. If nothing's resolved after the dispute, that you then mention his name.

Nintenjoe needs to be careful, if he gets the buyer (Ulitimate8pac) upset by not giving him a refund a guy with an 8pack might show up at his house and kick his ass.

Anyway this buyer is a dummy, he showed that by asking for a refund right after buying it. I say showing his name is no big deal.

Last edited:

Don't think the buyer deserved the benefit of doubt in this situation at all. I blocked him even though I rarely sell on ebay at all anymore.

I personally find it pretty ballsy of you to just put his name out and post this before anything has been resolved. If nothing's resolved after the dispute, that you then mention his name that's good. Give people the chance to resolve the issues before putting them in bad daylight, deserved or not.

dude, give me a break. this guy deserves to have his name out there. the dispute is in the process of being closed. i already sent him the dispute. all he has to do is accept it. he doesn't want to purchase the item because of buyer's remorse. he knew the price, yet he decided to waste my time anyway.

Please tell me ebay is siding with you here.

Nintenjoe needs to be careful, if he gets the buyer (Ulitimate8pac) upset by not giving him a refund a guy with an 8pack might show up at his house and kick his ass.

Anyway this buyer is a dummy, he showed that by asking for a refund right after buying it. I say showing his name is no big deal.

he didn't even pay so it's not like he took some time to think it over after the fact. no, as soon as he won he sent me a message asking for a $30 discount.

That would definitely piss me off. I've had my share of messed up eBay buyers to so I know how it feels.

Please tell me ebay is siding with you here.

it should be fine. all he has to do is close the case. he purchased the item, but didn't pay. he purchased then asked for a $30 refund. what he meant was a discount. i should've made that clear. i edited the title from refund to discount. should've been like that from the start but i was using his wording.

Has anyone tried to leave a positive feedback with a negative comment? I'm not sure how effective it would be, but it's something i've thought about doing on a number of occassions.

WTF dude!!!There's nothing to be resolved. I would have sent this guy a message straight back telling him to go F@$# him self.
Tossers like this don't deserve any chances and he should have never purchased the item expecting a discount/refund..

Has anyone tried to leave a positive feedback with a negative comment? I'm not sure how effective it would be, but it's something i've thought about doing on a number of occassions.

you can do it, but it won't last if the buyer reports it. ebay will remove it.

eBay protects the buyer even though the seller is paying the fees which inturn pays eBay(obviously)...hope all works out for you.

I hate eBay anymore buyers are so annoying always buying then asking questions I had Somone buy something I listed as broken when he recieved it he sent me a message saying it wad broken WTF he lost the case luckily and also people treat eBay as if every owns a business they start cryingif you dont ship the next day and mind you this is after it took the 5 days to pay then they use an e-check that takes 3 days to clear I am boycotting eBay buyers are a pain sorry for the rang but I seen this thread and started thinking of all my bad eBay experiences

So I had a hot toys ETD bruce lee listed as a buy it now. This clown from the UK buys it and then sends me a message asking for a $30 discount because he has to pay tax when he gets it. ARE YOU ____ING SERIOUS? This is a first for me. Also, my auction clearly states for international buyers to contact me for a shipping quote since it can be expensive. Did he contact me for a shipping quote? Of course not. I was literally shocked that he asked for a discount right after purchase. _______s like this deserve a negative feedback, but thanks to ebay's assclown policy, his record will go unscathed.

Auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1305838097...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649#ht_3839wt_1405

buyer: ultimate8pac

putting his name out there if anyone wishes to block him.

You can always report him to EBay and mention the E-mail as proof of his intent. I've actually had to report sellers for the reverse of this situation in the past. They tried to charge me more for shipping or an additional cost of handling on top of what was already calculated and mentioned in the listing. I don't sell often, so I've never run into what you've experienced and I usually don't sell internationally due to some of the funny business.

Back