Wow. Some ebay buyers have balls. Guy asks for discount immediately after purchase.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wow. Some ebay buyers have balls. Guy asks for refund immediately after purchase.

it should be fine. all he has to do is close the case. he purchased the item, but didn't pay. he purchased then asked for a $30 refund. what he meant was a discount. i should've made that clear. i edited the title from refund to discount. should've been like that from the start but i was using his wording.

i had a similar scenario happen to me, the buyer did not agree to cancel the transaction, case was closed, i showed ebay all the messages from him, and they sided with me on the case, but then the buyer left me low rating and a neutral feedback even though no transaction took place and no money changed hands, he refused to pay until i lowered price, ebay said that there was nothing they can do, that they could not change feedback after it was obvious that he was manipulating feedback.

So I had a hot toys ETD bruce lee listed as a buy it now. This clown from the UK buys it and then sends me a message asking for a $30 discount because he has to pay tax when he gets it. ARE YOU ____ING SERIOUS? This is a first for me. Also, my auction clearly states for international buyers to contact me for a shipping quote since it can be expensive. Did he contact me for a shipping quote? Of course not. I was literally shocked that he asked for a discount right after purchase. _______s like this deserve a negative feedback, but thanks to ebay's assclown policy, his record will go unscathed.

Auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1305838097...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649#ht_3839wt_1405

buyer: ultimate8pac

putting his name out there if anyone wishes to block him.

Couldn't of said it better myself :lol Thanks for the warning on this guy, will certainly add him to the blacklist!

I've been seeing lot of xxxhole buyers and sellers on ebay lately. It never use to be like that.

Deciding that buyers can't get negative feedback of any type no matter what they do is probably the most baffling thing ebay has ever done.

I forgive, but never forget! And for the record, I like "karamazov80" but you'll always be GayForGobots69 on my block list. :peace
That's cool. I only took my current name here because (not surprisingly) GFG69 was already taken.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3xtuIUmMx8[/ame]

Deciding that buyers can't get negative feedback of any type no matter what they do is probably the most baffling thing ebay has ever done.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

It's interesting, I don't remember hearing as many horror stories about eBay until they started their über buyer protection policies

____ all the eBay buyer!!!!!! One of my buyer brought my white queen com. And he told me he received it with chips and stuff, don't sell to this person!!!!!!!

eBay name: showcase97

eBay will end up ruining things for themselves...I'm glad that as a buyer majority of the time I'll be protected, excluding some new scam, but as an occasional seller it sucks...I've had people be real pain in the asses even after everything was laid out in the description and i felt obligated to go above and beyond out of fear of negative feedback.

So I had a hot toys ETD bruce lee listed as a buy it now. This clown from the UK buys it and then sends me a message asking for a $30 discount because he has to pay tax when he gets it. ARE YOU ____ING SERIOUS? This is a first for me. Also, my auction clearly states for international buyers to contact me for a shipping quote since it can be expensive. Did he contact me for a shipping quote? Of course not. I was literally shocked that he asked for a discount right after purchase. _______s like this deserve a negative feedback, but thanks to ebay's assclown policy, his record will go unscathed.

Auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1305838097...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649#ht_3839wt_1405

buyer: ultimate8pac

putting his name out there if anyone wishes to block him.
Damn Joe you must have alot of these figures!That's all i ever see you sell!:lol

THANX for the info!Named blocked!:hi5:

I have had similar experiences with international buyers. I sell a bit on Ebay and have had one buyer overseas tell me that I was responsible for the import fees and taxes that his country was charging him for the item. He told me that since I did not charge enough for shipping that I should pay the additional fees....?! I explained to him that it is not ME charging for the shipping but the Post Office and he paid the exact cost that the United States Post Office required to ship the item. I added that HIS country was the one charging the extra fee and it was his responsibility to pay it. The USPS has never mentioned to me of possible import or tax charges whenever I ship an international item so it never occured to me until this incident.
What has seemed to help since then is that I have added to ALL my listings that international buyers my be charged an additional fee or import tax by their country in order to have this package released to them. If this is in the listing the buyer "should" be aware of it before they bid and the seller can always refer to it in case of an issue down the line.

____ all the eBay buyer!!!!!! One of my buyer brought my white queen com. And he told me he received it with chips and stuff, don't sell to this person!!!!!!!

eBay name: ##########

Why is this becoming a name and shame for ebay buyers, maybe it got chipped in transit

I had a guy bid £20 more than he could afford for my HT comedian, i simply retracted the bid, the auction went back to its starting bid and i was pissed as there was another buyer before him.

So i e-mailed the guy and asked him to bid a bid again to push the maximum bid of the other guy back to his original bid and he did.

I didn't name and shame him cos everyone makes mistakes, the OP can always sell it again, its not like he sent it and the guy said he never got it.

I have had similar experiences with international buyers. I sell a bit on Ebay and have had one buyer overseas tell me that I was responsible for the import fees and taxes that his country was charging him for the item. He told me that since I did not charge enough for shipping that I should pay the additional fees....?! I explained to him that it is not ME charging for the shipping but the Post Office and he paid the exact cost that the United States Post Office required to ship the item. I added that HIS country was the one charging the extra fee and it was his responsibility to pay it. The USPS has never mentioned to me of possible import or tax charges whenever I ship an international item so it never occured to me until this incident.
What has seemed to help since then is that I have added to ALL my listings that international buyers my be charged an additional fee or import tax by their country in order to have this package released to them. If this is in the listing the buyer "should" be aware of it before they bid and the seller can always refer to it in case of an issue down the line.

I guarantee that guy was scamming you to see if you'd pay.
Unless POSSIBLY it was his very first time on the internet ordering anything, no one outside the US (I'm in Australia) is unaware that it is your own responsibility to pay your own countries duties/charges.

I've never had a disclaimer in auctions (150+) and I've never had anyone confused or even ask for clarification.

i can't even imagine how they thought this was a good idea and somehow making ebay better. now more than ever, sellers have to bend over backwards for fear of receiving an undeserved negative.

Damn Joe you must have alot of these figures!That's all i ever see you sell!:lol

THANX for the info!Named blocked!:hi5:

i got a little carried away with Bruce. i may keep one for myself. all depends on what other Bruce's hot toys releases.

sounds like an idiot to me. or scammer. same thing.

You should have to take a tutorial before you open an eBay account and start buying and or selling.

Back