Cinemaquette Problems currently having in ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys, late to this thread. I always thought that if you won an item on eBay that it was a legally binding contract :dunno If the seller decides to pull out of a deal where he/she has sold something less than what they wanted to sell it for then i was told by Ebay that the buyer could take the case to a civil court...

Wow.... seller gives you a refund, you leave negative feedback, and you are on the boards playing the victim card.

Seriously?!?!?!

The seller definitely got his hopes up and wasted his time. Maybe he should sue for emotional distress!:lol
It is ok to decide not to sell at all, but it is not ok to cancel a sale with one person only to sell to another person to get more money.

Sorry guys, late to this thread. I always thought that if you won an item on eBay that it was a legally binding contract :dunno If the seller decides to pull out of a deal where he/she has sold something less than what they wanted to sell it for then i was told by Ebay that the buyer could take the case to a civil court...

Well yeah but....

"I'm going to launch an international court case and spend $30K+ on lawyer fees to ensure I receive my $1000 ebay win!"

:lol

It's easy for anyone living in the US to say, "accept the refund and move on" but I think some of you are missing the point. As international buyers paying in US dollars, we lose even if we get a full refund from the seller. The credit card companies keep the exchange difference on both the sale and refund, the loser being the buyer. In cases like this where the item is $2000 or more, the buyer potentially loses hundreds of dollars for doing absolutely nothing wrong but winning an auction. The same thing happened to me a couple years ago when I got scammed on a $4000 camera. I did all my homework and won the auction, got scammed and won my dispute but still lost $400 on the exchange. A lot of you are saying take the refund and cut your losses, yet a lot of you are the same people who complain about high shipping or duties that come nowhere near what this buyer lost.

What's disheartening when this happens is we not only lose a lot of money but we also lose the auction item which sometimes takes forever to find. It's kind of a double whammy for the buyer.

I feel for you tonathan but all you can do now is vent and move on.

Good luck in your search!

Few months ago I bought a koma hulk kit from a seller in Italy I live in usa. When I recived the kit it was smashed all to hell due to the seller just throwing the pieces in a box with no packing materials. And to make things worse the kit had 2 left legs which I find extremely hard not to notice. When I contacted the seller he called me a liar and claimed I was trying to scam and that the package was not insured. I contacted eBay they informed me my original cost of the kit would be refunded if I would pay out of pocket for the shipping back to Italy which was almost $100. So I sent it back and learned a hard lesson about overseas purchases. So in my case I'm unsure who was the biggest loser me at $100 or the seller who ended up with a broken useless kit.

It's easy for anyone living in the US to say, "accept the refund and move on" but I think some of you are missing the point. As international buyers paying in US dollars, we lose even if we get a full refund from the seller. The credit card companies keep the exchange difference on both the sale and refund, the loser being the buyer. In cases like this where the item is $2000 or more, the buyer potentially loses hundreds of dollars for doing absolutely nothing wrong but winning an auction. The same thing happened to me a couple years ago when I got scammed on a $4000 camera. I did all my homework and won the auction, got scammed and won my dispute but still lost $400 on the exchange. A lot of you are saying take the refund and cut your losses, yet a lot of you are the same people who complain about high shipping or duties that come nowhere near what this buyer lost.

What's disheartening when this happens is we not only lose a lot of money but we also lose the auction item which sometimes takes forever to find. It's kind of a double whammy for the buyer.

I feel for you tonathan but all you can do now is vent and move on.

Good luck in your search!

Thanks SquiderM3 - at least you and a few other people here understood the problem

Main problem was not the refunds - I got the refunds

It was more on the principle - just not happy with the seller and not too please with exchange rate charge from my credit card when i did nothing wrong.

(came to around USD 150 for 2 items combined) - not too bad - a good lesson learned

I have moved on and now got two T-800s (1 from CM forum and another on ebay) - will forget about the T-X for now.

Thank you for all comments and happy collecting

PS: SquiderM3 - i believed you also helped me once b4 a long while back when i nearly bought a re-cast Iron man Com on ebay - thanks again !

Its the same thing when a new person wants to buy something from you here and everyone freaks out.

These statues weigh 90 plus pounds. Shipping them can cost $1200 plus to ship them overseas. I sold a hollow Batman demon bust by Bobby C to someone in the UK for $1600 and shipping was $700. I only sold it because he was willing to over pay!

You changed your shipping address, he probably thought you were shady! He screwed up on his listing, I have done it before too. You didnt get screwed so let it go.

:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap Its so worth the time to invest to do that. In this case its overseas dude.

Last edited:
Thanks SquiderM3 - at least you and a few other people here understood the problem

Main problem was not the refunds - I got the refunds

It was more on the principle - just not happy with the seller and not too please with exchange rate charge from my credit card when i did nothing wrong.

(came to around USD 150 for 2 items combined) - not too bad - a good lesson learned

I have moved on and now got two T-800s (1 from CM forum and another on ebay) - will forget about the T-X for now.

Thank you for all comments and happy collecting

PS: SquiderM3 - i believed you also helped me once b4 a long while back when i nearly bought a re-cast Iron man Com on ebay - thanks again !

Yes, if I remember correctly you needed a good pic of the peg to see if it was a recast.:duff

If you ever decide to let one of the T-800's go, let me know. I've been wanting one of those for ages!:pray:

Few months ago I bought a koma hulk kit from a seller in Italy I live in usa. When I recived the kit it was smashed all to hell due to the seller just throwing the pieces in a box with no packing materials. And to make things worse the kit had 2 left legs which I find extremely hard not to notice. When I contacted the seller he called me a liar and claimed I was trying to scam and that the package was not insured. I contacted eBay they informed me my original cost of the kit would be refunded if I would pay out of pocket for the shipping back to Italy which was almost $100. So I sent it back and learned a hard lesson about overseas purchases. So in my case I'm unsure who was the biggest loser me at $100 or the seller who ended up with a broken useless kit.

Exact same thing happened to me with a General Grievous PF from an Italian seller (although I live in the EU). Arrived badly damaged, packing was pretty poor but he did offer me a full refund if I returned it. Anyone who has seen the General Grievous PF will know how huge the box is and the return costs were really high, so I ended up out of pocket and with nothing to show.

Regarding leaving negative feedback, I feel it's OK if its honest. I left neutral feedback for my seller as it was advertised a new but was smashed to pot when I got it, and I had to really chase to get my refund. So whilst I got the refund it was a pretty messy transaction which didn't warrant positive feedback.

tonathan what's your eBay ID so i can add you to my ebay block list.

what a ****** move leaving negative feedback and forcing a sale, clearly seller made a mistake and willing to issue full refund, you lose nothing yet still won't let it go.

sellers often don't follow through if you win their item for way less than they expect to get. they simply refund the money, and relist the item. they should be putting a reserve on the auction if they want a certain minimum amount. that's why the seller balked at shipping to the UK.

there have been times where i didn't get what i expected in an auction, but as an honorable seller, i didn't pull any crap with the winning bidder and ate it. that's why i now only sell buy it now.

the seller got what he deserved and the negative was justified.

I would have bought TX but I knew there would be problems with this listing based on the fact that he said no shipping to US and it shows free shipping to US.

the listing is the responsibility of the seller. it's in the terms.

Back