Cinemaquette Problems currently having in ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonathan

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I bought these 2 items

https://www.ebay.com/itm/200904871628?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/200904876326?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

1. it stated clearly that both has Free Shipping to USA (my primary shipping address is in USA)

2. after i paid - Seller contact me saying he could not ship to USA and could only ship to EU or Switzerland

3. Gave me refund - i declined and told him i have friend in UK - he could ship there

4. I changed my primary shipping address to UK address so he could ship

5.Told him to ship to the UK address instead - he gave all excused and would not ship

now re- listed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T-800-Cine...49?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item2ec6ecf33d

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T-X-Cinema...64?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item2ec6ece53c

charging

USD 1,650 for shipping to USA

USD 325 for shipping to UK

i called Ebay just now

ebay said - we will do everything in our power to help you - let see !!!

for the time being this is the story

Last edited:
Any ideas or comment is Welcome !!

thank you in advance

I saw those auctions as well. If you look at the actual sales page, it stated that he doesn't ship oversees. I figured that part on the listing preview page was just an oversight.

I saw those auctions as well. If you look at the actual sales page, it stated that he doesn't ship oversees. I figured that part on the listing preview page was just an oversight.

Hi jack

Yes i also saw that -

however

His listing contradicted themselves - because if you have your primary shipping address anywhere else apart from USA - it would just say

"sorry we do not ship to...."

try for yourself

so for 1st listings on both items - only US primary shipping address is valid to purchase

I also contacted him via email - and told the seller to ship to UK address instead
after i changed my primary shipping address to UK

but still nothing

also asked for pictures of the CMs...again nothing

Last edited:
Sounds scammy. I'd say you dodged a bullet.

Hi Shropt

yes - i begins to believe so now

at the beginning i did not think he was bad at all - because his feedback is 100% + his email to me are very well written

If i could not get the 2 CMs at least i hope ebay could help me get my refunds + what ever the credit card company charge me on exchange rate

because i live in Thailand - when i pay via paypal the credit cad charged me one rate - and if i get a refund - the credit card gives me different rates (guess it is another way for them to make money!)

so hopefully at least ebay would compensate me the difference

I wanted to believe that this was just a misunderstanding but after I saw he re-listed the items I am pissed !!

These were his last 2 emails before he re-listed

Hi again Ton

thinking about our problem at my office, i remember that years ago i bought an expensive scale model from an american guy
who first absoltely refused to sell outside US. Finally he accepted that we use together an ebay service calle Triple deal.
It is ebay system for expensive merchandise, i used it in 2006 to pay $8000 for the guy in Tx, i'm not sure this is still avalible
but it is ebay property system like paypal.

Hello

i just called paypal: they clearly said me that this situation is now too complicated and i prefer to cancel all that. They explained me that
for such amount, all must be clear, the shipping address stated in paypal must be exactly the one i should use. It can be different from ebay
but the most important is the paypal address.

Now if you know someone here in Europe who can pay through ebay, who has a confirmed payapl address, we can achive the deal.

Otherwise there is no more solutions, i'm afraid.

About the case you closed, it actually cost me a lot fees on something i refunded to you, so i'm in contact with ebay to have a refund
of these huge fees. Indeed in my ebay listing, they may be some mistakes, but most of the US collectors contact me before they try to order the items.

Please see agin in your side that you cannot open a case saying simply that you cannot pay the items, or something like that.

Regards.
Brahim

I answered

Hi Brahim, 12 Mar 2013

Let's put it this way, I have paid you and I do not intend to accept the refund.

Do bear in mind that I purchased the 2 items because your listings stated that you provide both with free shipping to USA.

However, after my purchase, you brought up the fact that you only ship to EU and Switzerland.

The listings are very contradicting to the buyers and you should know that was not my mistake.

You as a seller should own up to the mistake you made in the listing and compromise by shipping the two items to my UK address,
instead of asking me to get someone in EU to pay through paypal and redo the whole process again. It just doesn't make sense.

In addition Ebay has already closed a case regarding this matter and agreed with me that you as a listed seller has to ship both
items to USA. I simply could not re-open a case I have already won through ebay.

I hope you will agree to ship the items to my UK address because I honestly do not see any reason why you are unable to ship the
items to the UK address I have given to you earlier unless you can give me a very valid reason.

Best Regards,
Ton

You already gave him negative feedback you can't force him to sell you something if he refunded your money... He made a mistake you should just move on from it.

Wow! He refunded your money and you are still pursuing this? and you gave him negative feedback?! I can understand really wanting these items but I think it's best to move on from this, you've done more than enough

tonathan what's your eBay ID so i can add you to my ebay block list.

what a ****** move leaving negative feedback and forcing a sale, clearly seller made a mistake and willing to issue full refund, you lose nothing yet still won't let it go.

My guess is it was an unintentional mistake. Those are in very large and heavy boxes and I'd say international shipping would be at least $300 or more each. Those are still pretty good prices even with the shipping, so can understand why he wouldn't want to take that hit. But as someone already mentioned, you can give negative feedback and take your refund.

You already gave him negative feedback you can't force him to sell you something if he refunded your money... He made a mistake you should just move on from it.

Wow! He refunded your money and you are still pursuing this? and you gave him negative feedback?! I can understand really wanting these items but I think it's best to move on from this, you've done more than enough

tonathan what's your eBay ID so i can add you to my ebay block list.

what a ****** move leaving negative feedback and forcing a sale, clearly seller made a mistake and willing to issue full refund, you lose nothing yet still won't let it go.

My guess is it was an unintentional mistake. Those are in very large and heavy boxes and I'd say international shipping would be at least $300 or more each. Those are still pretty good prices even with the shipping, so can understand why he wouldn't want to take that hit. But as someone already mentioned, you can give negative feedback and take your refund.

Hi Lomous, grphyx1, gagaliya, nexus

First of all am i correct to say

eBay transaction is a legal contract, seller has to honor original purchase agreement on "buy it now" price especially once payment was made.

I also cancelled his refund offer right at the beginning because I was also afraid i would get charge differences on
the exchange rate from my credit card company.

If i live in USA and use USD as my currency then the refunds issue could be different

however i live in Thailand -

when i paid him, via Paypal, the amount of USD 5,150 - credit card company will prob charge me rate of
30.5 baht / USD

If his refund via Paypal was successful - i probably get that refund @ rate of around 29.6 baht / USD (could be more or could be less)

For the time being as example

Differences in exchange rate 30.5 - 29.6 = 0.9

0.9* USD 5,150 = 4,635 baht

Convert back to USD for 4,635 baht / 30.5 = USD 151.97

so do i suppose to just accept this USD 151.97 charge because the seller made a mistake ?

how about me ? what did i do wrong ?

I told the seller this and he did not even offer anything - if he did may be things could have been different

@ gagaliya (btw i use tonathan in every forums and eBay - do what ever you think it is right)

If I were a seller and sold an item, I could later rescind the purchase because I didn't like the price I sold at.
Even thought I sold the item at "buy it now" price without going through auction.

To add an insult to injury I could tell the buyer it's out of stock. And relist the same item with the same item number
with a much higher price.

this is basically what he did - so why am i a "******"

i am just trying to protect my rights -

@ nexus

i do not know exactly how much it costs to send the items - but T-X box dimensional size is less than 1 metre for sure
- so to ship to USA it would not be too expensive - and should not be too much to EU either -

I got a T-800 Cinemaquette send to me in Thailand last week from Holland via UPS - and the shipping cost was less than USD 300

So for both items shipping to USA is not USD 1,650 / piece for sure

I am very sorry but i do not think he made any mistake "unintentionally" in the listings -

I really believe he is trying to just charge extra for Shipping outside eBay on my case
because eBay do not take a percentage on shipping charge.

Just imagine you are listing USD 2,650 and USD 2,500 items - would you guys make that kind of mistake he made ?

If the guy is as honorable as you guys believe he is - why can't any of my friends get a photo of the T-X or T-800 from him

i asked my friends in EU and USA to ask this seller for photos of the 2 items even before i gave him one negative feedback - i was going to ask my
one of my friends to buy from him as he requested - i just wanted to see proof first

but none of them get a reply - he then blocked me - and re-listed - i was pissed - as he sold the T-800

i m just human - i do have emotions besides i felt helpless as i could not do anything with eBay because it is not 7 days yet

that was when i gave him negative feedbacks - isn't that what he deserved ?

if i did not give him negative feedbacks - another friend of mine in Thailand who has contacts in USA was going to buy
the T-X - only because he saw my feedbacks and called me - then decided not to buy

another guy already bought an item from the same seller - now do not know what will happen - i could show you guys his case here
as well

Now this seller had quit eBay !!...just last night Thailand time (15 March)

so i just hope i would not get charge the differences from my credit card comp

guys - i am just a collector - who came a bit late in the game (2008) i could not get hold of some of the rare pieces in my country

eBay is my main source - please cut me some slack - i posted in this forum to unleashed my frustration as well as a warning to other people who
were looking at his other listings..

thank you for all your comments and hope you guys will have a nice day

Last edited:
You have to realize you can't get everything immediately. My first Ebay listing I lost lots of money. Shipping charges overseas have increased dramatically. If there is a difference in what you originally paid and what was refunded you should have petitioned for that. This transaction is done, look for the item elsewhere would be my suggestion, trying to get older grail pieces is going to be expensive. Good luck

I would have bought TX but I knew there would be problems with this listing based on the fact that he said no shipping to US and it shows free shipping to US.

Last edited:
The guy made a mistake and you still punish him with negative feedback.Let it go mate you can't force some to sell you something, and you are not endearing your self with any of us on these boards.

Wow.... seller gives you a refund, you leave negative feedback, and you are on the boards playing the victim card.

Seriously?!?!?!

Back