Wow. Some ebay buyers have balls. Guy asks for discount immediately after purchase.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not much i can do with a damaged comic, but we'll see what happens.

last time i tried to offer optional insurance in an auction, ebay said i couldn't do that. i had to either include it in the price or leave it out, so i leave it out and leave it up to the buyer to ask for insurance if they want it. as a buyer i will ask about insurance if i think the item and price demands it.

are you sure you didn't miss something.
Its been six months since I sold but I always include an option extra insurance amount in the shipping section when doing auctions. They have a box there specifically for insurance...at least they did?

are you sure you didn't miss something.
Its been six months since I sold but I always include an option extra insurance amount in the shipping section when doing auctions. They have a box there specifically for insurance...at least they did?

Nope, that did away with that a long time ago and made it the seller's responsibility, then suggested sellers should include it in the shipping price if they felt it was needed. Then they started charging ebay fees for shipping, etc. etc.

I'm surprised eBay is eating it on this one, possibly just because it's obvious shipping damage and not alleged that your item was not as described. Usually they'll stick it to the seller in a case like that.

its probably worth buying insurance no matter whether the buyer pays it or not. even better:build the insurance price into the sale.

Nope, that did away with that a long time ago and made it the seller's responsibility, then suggested sellers should include it in the shipping price if they felt it was needed. Then they started charging ebay fees for shipping, etc. etc.

Damn....I didn't realize that!
More disgusting stuff from ebay.

I'm kind of surprised at this point that there hasn't been a competitor come along and just destroy them (Facebook to Myspace style) by doing it all much better.

I have had similar things happen also over the many years selling on ebay. Lately it seems I have been getting tons of childish acting morons who demand crazy things. I have grown pretty tired of it altogether and at the moment I am just letting my current auctions run until they sell. I have more things I was planning on selling but now I do not even feel like dealing with all the hassle it causes. Eventually all ebay is going to be left with is a bunch of whining ass clown ebay buyers with nothing to buy.

its probably worth buying insurance no matter whether the buyer pays it or not. even better:build the insurance price into the sale.

Yep, that is what I do. Unless its a very low value item (like under $20) I will always include insurance and I factor that into the cost of shipping.

Back