Beware of buyer Alby Mills aka ozzyangus28

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I don't understand how major companies can say "non refundable deposit" and that's iron clad, but in GB's situation, the guy agrees in writing (yup, that's what an e-mail or message is) but it's somehow kind of a "fuzzy" agreement he can back out of.

Stick to your guns, show the CC company the messages, and see if it works. If he agreed in writing (as in, it's not a verbal, over the phone he-said-he-said situation) I don't see how the CC company has a leg to stand on in forcing you to give the $ back.

CC company will simply do a chargeback, trust me.

Would they simply do a chargeback against BBTS or Sideshow or other companies that charge a NRD?

Just seems if you're going to have a rule, you have to be consistent.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with that guy. I had a guy on ebay efraichipan0 win 3 different Hot Toys figure auctions and never paid. I have had several flake buyers in the past but why bid and win three items with no intention to pay and no communication at all in the several messages I sent.

Yeah that sucks galactiboy. You are a stand up guy to deal with and in my opinion this guy doesn't deserve the deposit back since he himself agreed to it. He deserves to be banned from eBay and definitely not dealt with. Sometimes you got to think why people do this? They literally that ignorant to put a stand up guy through hassle? I went through something similar a long time ago except the end cause was I lost the figure and lost the money. It sucks. Luckily in the end you lost nothing and even still have the figure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thanks again for the support everyone :duff

After another back and forth with the buyer he proposed a compromise of a 1/2 refund of the deposit. I consulted with Paypal and they let me know that since he did send the money as a deposit (even wrote "for deposit" in the notes) I was under no obligation to return the funds and that Paypal would fight any chargeback attempts. But, even with that I decided to refund half the deposit in order to settle the mess. I don't feel great about it, but I figured it was better than letting this crap drag on or possibly having my account frozen while a case is pending.

I feel pretty strongly PayPal would have protected me (and they said they would) so at the end of the day I treated this guy with more kindness than he deserved.

As a side note, if any of you ever decide to accept a non-refundable deposit. Make sure you invoice the buyer yourself and write it in explicitly that it is a deposit, what the remaining balance is and that the deposit is non-refundable. According to Paypal that will give you the most protection possible and that they will fight for you. I was lucky in that when he sent the payment he indicated it was a deposit, had he not done that I would have been out the entire amount.

Their loss, and the only people I've ever had screw me over were yanks....

Yeah, there are bad apples all over.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with that guy. I had a guy on ebay efraichipan0 win 3 different Hot Toys figure auctions and never paid. I have had several flake buyers in the past but why bid and win three items with no intention to pay and no communication at all in the several messages I sent.

I had a guy buy a figure on eBay, then never pay. I blocked him, then later relisted the item and he created a new account, won the item at the last minute and didn't pay. I tried not to take that personally, but I'm pretty sure it was personal :lol

Why do people buy stuff without the means or seemingly the intention to actually pay for it? Seems nonsensical and puts me off trying to sell on eBay.

Why do people buy stuff without the means or seemingly the intention to actually pay for it? Seems nonsensical and puts me off trying to sell on eBay.

Why do people won't let you merge in traffic?
Why don't they use turn signals?
Why they open a bag of something in a store, feel it up, then take a sealed one to the register?

Some are just d-bags.

Oh, and eBay sucks.

Truer words were never spoken... I do find eBay is generally okay, but stuff like this happens and causes a lot of headache. But I've bought and sold a lot on their and I'd say far less than 1% of the transactions have been problematic. It's just that the ones that are problems (like this one) take a lot of time and headache to resolve.

I had one guy file a claim because he missed the delivery of a package. I had clear tracking showing where the package was and how there had been an attempted delivery, but instead of waiting, contacting me or doing an number of reasonable things he filed a claim with Paypal and froze $300 I had in the account.

Thanks again for the support everyone :duff

After another back and forth with the buyer he proposed a compromise of a 1/2 refund of the deposit. I consulted with Paypal and they let me know that since he did send the money as a deposit (even wrote "for deposit" in the notes) I was under no obligation to return the funds and that Paypal would fight any chargeback attempts. But, even with that I decided to refund half the deposit in order to settle the mess. I don't feel great about it, but I figured it was better than letting this crap drag on or possibly having my account frozen while a case is pending.

I feel pretty strongly PayPal would have protected me (and they said they would) so at the end of the day I treated this guy with more kindness than he deserved.

As a side note, if any of you ever decide to accept a non-refundable deposit. Make sure you invoice the buyer yourself and write it in explicitly that it is a deposit, what the remaining balance is and that the deposit is non-refundable. According to Paypal that will give you the most protection possible and that they will fight for you. I was lucky in that when he sent the payment he indicated it was a deposit, had he not done that I would have been out the entire amount.

Yeah, there are bad apples all over.

I had a guy buy a figure on eBay, then never pay. I blocked him, then later relisted the item and he created a new account, won the item at the last minute and didn't pay. I tried not to take that personally, but I'm pretty sure it was personal :lol

You're too nice. I would have given the guy the finger and let him battle it out with Paypal.

Back