Worst Hot Toys Head Sculpt?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say the Mark VII Tony Stark was pretty weak, especially considering how many sculpts of Robert Downey Jr. Hot Toys has done.

I might get flamed but I don't like any of the DX11 HS's. Far from being the worst, I do suppose, but a big disappointment to me at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There were a few over the years, but I will choose the most recent one being the X-Men 3 Wolverine headsculpt. It looks bad. It looks nothing like Hugh Jackman and it looks like something they would come up with when HT was just starting out. Pretty sure they could've done better than that judging by their subsequent Wolverine figure after that.

i wish this thread had more pix, but that stark is horrible. it looks pre-melted or molded with blurrily.

mDHe4MZxNZSNgOMPl9rs4wA.jpg

senior tonio, no habla ingles. :lol

There were a few over the years, but I will choose the most recent one being the X-Men 3 Wolverine headsculpt. It looks bad. It looks nothing like Hugh Jackman and it looks like something they would come up with when HT was just starting out. Pretty sure they could've done better than that judging by their subsequent Wolverine figure after that.
Behave. I could care less about people not liking the expression, but to say that it doesn't look like Jackman, especially in-hand, is fantasy. The same fantasy land, where the DX 06 has a bad head sculpt, incidentally. :cuckoo:

X3 Wolverine
Dastan
Indiana Jones

I would say the Mark VII Tony Stark was pretty weak, especially considering how many sculpts of Robert Downey Jr. Hot Toys has done.

Yep I agree with these guys

I don't care for the smirking DX06 sculpt but the stern expression is fantastic!

And MoS Jor-El?? That's one of the best sculpts by HT I've seen in a looong time

Mine has to be DX12

While not technically the worst, but how it went from the almost perfect prototype to that ugly bloated mess we got with the final production version really had my blood boiling when I unboxed him.

For the truly dire ones you need to go back to the classics... so here is my favourite worst HT sculpt, polished off by a paint job that absolutely sucks!
If you do not recognise her... Ripley!!!

Mine has to be DX12

While not technically the worst, but how it went from the almost perfect prototype to that ugly bloated mess we got with the final production version really had my blood boiling when I unboxed him.

Are those the comparison shots? They look the same to me. The pic on the left has a softer focus and the lighting is different

Back