Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photos Monte!

I agree with those who think this is an underrated figure.
It can still be bought at very reasonable prices, no way anyone will regret buying him.

IMG_4019_zpsicyu6s79.jpg

Thanks!

I dig the figure despite my polite indifference towards most Hot Toys product. However, I didn't care for the film at all, and consequently the figure is cool but his appeal is limited in terms of what I can do with him, photo-wise.

But I have an original character kitbash in mind, from another franchise. It'll take some doing, 'cause sixth-scale stuff is not usually something I try to budget for. But I might be able to make it work.

Found this one priced low at Popcultcha and was able to throw my accumulated "Pennies" at it to bring it to about $88 shipped from Oz. Will finally have completed my MOS display. Hopefully shipping soon.

Found this one priced low at Popcultcha and was able to throw my accumulated "Pennies" at it to bring it to about $88 shipped from Oz. Will finally have completed my MOS display. Hopefully shipping soon.

Very underrated figure – looks superb, great buy at that price... I never got him but i'll shop around now :wink1:

I got this figure free from SS as a special gift when I ordered MoS. At the time, Reeve Superman was my only Hot Toy, and I figured I'd be she just collecting Superman figures. After Jor-El came, how could I not also get Zod? 10+ figures later and I've finally realized that Jor-El was far from free.

Finally got to opening the figure and it's definitely worthy of all the accolades received. Detailing in the outfit is fantastic. The head sculpt is a miniaturized Russell Crowe. So glad I finally got it in the collection and with it, have completed my MoS display.

Here are some quick pics:

Jor-El 1.jpg

Jor-El 2.jpg

Custom Jor-El
I did this with the spare Superman suit after using the body, boots and gauntlets on Zod.
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...l-zod-collectible-figure.133087/post-10719702
I'm just waiting for some ankle pegs and some proper 3D-printed gauntlets. The original Hot Toys is still a great figure but considering it could have had this suit underneath we could have this, the original look of Hot Toys and when he opens his top to show the symbol to Clark.
PXL_20220616_095838198.PORTRAIT.jpg

Back