Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched Averone's review of this again. Best review of any statue I've ever seen- bar none. Covered all the bases, gave a good sense of its size and scale, quality of the fit and finish...and it sold me on it all over again.
Really looking forward to getting this. Just want to wait until my next billing cycle to place the order.

ES isn't the larger concern to me. I thought canceling a live order for this was the right thing to do at the time, but it wasn't. I would hate to have missed out on this. THAT is what is important to me- getting something I want rather than merely something someone else can't have because of a low ES.

Well said Arctic Beast. :clap

Look I understand that Sideshow engages in business practices that many of us question. We question the company's integrity, accuse them of manipulating demand, etc...

But the bottom line is that many of you out there beating your chest about how Sideshow sucks, and how you are going to cancel your POs or stop ordering from Sideshow are full of it... Like it or not, most of us are addicts (myself included)...and we are addicted to Sideshow's offerings. Only a small fraction of the collectors on this board have the stones to stop purchasing from Sideshow. You complain about Sideshow, rip them at every opportunity, but when the latest PO goes up those same folks are the first one back on the board, posting in the latest thread "EX or Fail".

I'm not defending Sideshow's actions, but I realize there absolutely no reason for Sideshow to change their business practices. Why change?? Whatever they do...they know the good little addicts out there will continue to purchase their product. At the end of the day as long as we keep purchasing from Sideshow we are part of the problem.

:exactly::goodpost:
The old saying, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is what every company lives by. If sideshow can keep cutting costs while still raising prices then thats exactly what they'll do. Voting with your wallet is the right idea but until all the people preaching it actually get the ***** to do it, SS is laughing all the way to the bank.

Just watched Averone's review of this again. Best review of any statue I've ever seen- bar none. Covered all the bases, gave a good sense of its size and scale, quality of the fit and finish...and it sold me on it all over again.
Really looking forward to getting this. Just want to wait until my next billing cycle to place the order.

ES isn't the larger concern to me. I thought canceling a live order for this was the right thing to do at the time, but it wasn't. I would hate to have missed out on this. THAT is what is important to me- getting something I want rather than merely something someone else can't have because of a low ES.

ES and value go hand in hand. Generally the more "abundant" something is the less it costs. SS however works this in reverse. The more abundant they make a piece the more they charge. You may have got what "you" want, but you've also lost at the same time.

And if you have to ask what you lost, you'll learn soon enough. Until then, happy collecting.

Chris

I think part of the problem is a lot of us who started collecting over the past few years have had to wait and pay silly money for pieces that were popular this creates a mentality that money can be made by getting items that are popular and sell out quick.

This is why when there is an item that looks like selling out quickly some people see opportunity. It is clear that sideshow know this and use it as a sales method.

The 1-1 vader bust was a low stock alert a while back but is now not ?

If you collect model cars you will realise that as soon as you go from 1:18 to 1:6 the price goes crazy so the cost of these does not seem outrageous

And yes sideshow do and need to be as profitable as they can its what a business is supposed to do

I think part of the problem is a lot of us who started collecting over the past few years have had to wait and pay silly money for pieces that were popular this creates a mentality that money can be made by getting items that are popular and sell out quick.

This is why when there is an item that looks like selling out quickly some people see opportunity. It is clear that sideshow know this and use it as a sales method.

The 1-1 vader bust was a low stock alert a while back but is now not ?

If you collect model cars you will realise that as soon as you go from 1:18 to 1:6 the price goes crazy so the cost of these does not seem outrageous

And yes sideshow do and need to be as profitable as they can its what a business is supposed to do

I collect 1:8 Amalgam cars, and the price jump from 1:18 to 1:8 of course is huge. But you are paying for unmatched quality and exclusivity.

The jump from PF the LSF is the same, yet you get none of those things with SS price jumps. You are simply paying more because they asked.

Chris

Last edited:
ES and value go hand in hand. Generally the more "abundant" something is the less it costs. SS however works this in reverse. The more abundant they make a piece the more they charge. You may have got what "you" want, but you've also lost at the same time.

And if you have to ask what you lost, you'll learn soon enough. Until then, happy collecting.

I'm not sure I'm understanding how I've lost if I feel I'm getting something that I feel is of an intrinsic quality relative to it's cost.
No offense, but what you or anyone else think it is worth should be immaterial. That is, unless you want to pay for my edition of it.

OTOH, if I am buying this with the intention of selling it off in a few years, that is a different matter. Then all of a sudden everyone's opinion matters and it now suddenly becomes imperative that I seed these forums with as much hype as possible over this piece so that I can stimulate a desire to own a 'grail'...and make a profit when I go to flip it.

I get the feeling a lot of collectors have confused the value of the ES with the value of the art and craft on display. The difference between these is that I don't have to look on the bottom of the base, the shipping box, or read the forums to get an impression of it's worth to me.

I'm not sure I'm understanding how I've lost if I feel I'm getting something that I feel is of an intrinsic quality relative to it's cost.
No offense, but what you or anyone else think it is worth should be immaterial. That is, unless you want to pay for my edition of it.

OTOH, if I am buying this with the intention of selling it off in a few years, that is a different matter. Then all of a sudden everyone's opinion matters and it now suddenly becomes imperative that I seed these forums with as much hype as possible over this piece so that I can stimulate a desire to own a 'grail'...and make a profit when I go to flip it.

I get the feeling a lot of collectors have confused the value of the ES with the value of the art and craft on display. The difference between these is that I don't have to look on the bottom of the base, the shipping box, or read the forums to get an impression of it's worth to me.

:exactly::goodpost:

Unfortunately, as collectors I think we've ALL lost something because of this statue, whether we bought it or not. We've lost power as customers because SS knows they can do what they want and get away with it. We've lost the expectation of the quality that we would expect, because people rationalize QC issues like the shoulder plates because "it's not that big of a deal". We've lost our chance at better pricing on future statues because, even though we agree the price is too high, we paid it. We've lost the chance of future LSFs having a limited ES, because SS found a way to increase demand without limiting supply.

I don't post much but I read a lot. Everyone *****es and moans about SS pulling underhanded tactics. The increased pricing with higher production runs and reduced quality. You want to take back control and make them care about what you want as a collector? Draw your line in the sand and say enough is enough. When enough people do that and make SS take a 500k bath on unsold statues, that's when you get what you want.

By all means buy the statue and enjoy it. But when they ask you to eat a **** sandwich, don't rationalize that it's OK because they offered you a choice of white or wheat bread.

:goodpost::clap:exactly:

One of the few problems with LSF's is selling them on. I know a lot of people will say they won't ever but I could imagine these being a bastard to post. I'm interested to see how much these will rise in price to because let's face it there won't be many of these on eBay down the line.

One of the few problems with LSF's is selling them on. I know a lot of people will say they won't ever but I could imagine these being a bastard to post. I'm interested to see how much these will rise in price to because let's face it there won't be many of these on eBay down the line.

I had real problems selling Abomination due to the size of the box.
These won't rise in value, SS will just produce more so no one's going to pay more than retail :lecture
Down to the last 100 now :lol

I like this statue very much, I just hate when Sideshow lied on social media, I think that's not a good business practice.

I wish they can just let this statue speak for itself and let people order when they want to. No need to rush people to order by saying these will be the last 20 we won't get anymore don't miss out when that is not the fact. This statue is the best Wolverine statue ever made, if they can be more consistent with the quality control, more people will buy, they don't need to lie.

I am happy if more people can get this at retail price, if Sideshow plan to make more I have to accept it because when I ordered this a year ago I ordered it knowing it's limited edition with no ES. I just bothered by their dishonesty by saying they won't make anymore to rush people to order when in fact they are making more now. IMO they don't need to lie, it just hurts their reputation.

But maybe they don't care about their reputation as long as they are profitable, they know people would still buy it regardless, all they care is money, money and money just like most people in this world :lol

Yeah you've pretty much got to understand you won't have the choice to resell one of these unless its pick up.

I was shocked recently when I went to post PF Jedi Luke and the package was actually slightly over the size limit for what Australia Post will handle......lady took pity on me and said its close enough and they won't notice if she clears it. Nice of her.
Never had that happen when posting a PF box before!

big piece,looks amazing,very cool,

some people, they can buy and they become happy people...

but other people who cant buy are heard in the self-conviction

I had real problems selling Abomination due to the size of the box.
These won't rise in value, SS will just produce more so no one's going to pay more than retail :lecture
Down to the last 100 now :lol

The Abamo box was bigger then this LSF (Ask Ink, he just got his). This will ship it to most places if inside US for about $150.00. I only see the price of them rise due to the fact that the seller will add this price into the total cost of the statue. Plus lets not forget, next year tax is coming on all online purchases.

Face it, its just best to get them now and not later after they are sold out try to find them next year

VS

Last edited:

Thanks man! :duff
I appreciate it!

The Abamo box was bigger then this LSF (Ask Ink, he just got his). This will ship it to most places if inside US for about $150.00. I only see the price of them rise due to the fact that the seller will add this price into the total cost of the statue. Plus lets not forget, next year tax is coming on all online purchases.

Face it, its just best to get them now and not later after they are sold out try to find them next year

VS

For sure? I try not to follow politics too closely... this online sales tax will seriously decrease my spending ability. F'n government.

For sure? I try not to follow politics too closely... this online sales tax will seriously decrease my spending ability. F'n government.

It will hurt all of us :(
It's not for sure, it has to pass the US Senate I think

Back