Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you or someone else receive a replacement hand and this is the outcome? If so, that sucks dude.

Steven

Yea, i had a loose blade on one of my right arms. No biggie as i managed to glue it back in place. However, thought i'd get SSC to send us a replacement. Recieved the replacement yesterday and its a very dark shade of blue when compared to the other two originals. I've messaged SSC again so we'll see what happens otherwise i'll just hang onto my original hand that i fixed :)

Quite a noticeable difference dont you think!...all I need is for SSC to send me the left hand which goes with the darker colour right hand and we'll have a match!! Ha!

a3y4u4e5.jpg

That'd be sweet if they can send you a left to match the darker right hand, because in all honesty, I think the darker looks better in color and better weathered.

Steven

That'd be sweet if they can send you a left to match the darker right hand, because in all honesty, I think the darker looks better in color and better weathered.

Steven

It would be sweet, it would also be highly unlikely too. Knowing SSC, i'll probably get an unpainted left hand with instructions on how to paint it myself! :slap :lol

Funny!
I said that on the ARH Rattle thread and got hate mail for it! :dunno
Im telling you, consumers are just never happy!

I get it, don't lie, don't cheat, don't make more, put a low ES, make sure the paint is done by Pro artists, make sure package is big but yet small, etc etc.

My gosh, am I the only one who feels bad for SS? :wave

In fairness, they never said how many they were making, unlike ARH adding to an ES after the fact because it was "too painful for those that missed out." Those pesky customers that dont like being lied to/cheated.

Roberto, along with the color one of the fists/arms is less textured than the others. Smoother. Left Hand. Not sure it looks like that in hand though.

Roberto, along with the color one of the fists/arms is less textured than the others. Smoother. Left Hand. Not sure it looks like that in hand though.

Texture wise they are all the same in hand Tbolt. Maybe the difference in colour that makes it appear smoother.

In fairness, they never said how many they were making, unlike ARH adding to an ES after the fact because it was "too painful for those that missed out." Those pesky customers that dont like being lied to/cheated.

:rotfl :lol :rotfl

I don't know who cheated anyone, it's a business and I'm sure they wanted the excitement to remain high. And no I don't think anyone is lying this is an open ES statue, after all said, it's not over till they say its over.
For the record, I don't support SS to lie or cheat.
Who knows how many they made, only they know

Not sure if you are aware of they tweet.

@collectsideshow: @84antman Those are the last 20 figures period! When they sell out, we will not be getting any more. -S #DontMissOut

How could this is not lying??? To me it is so clear they flat out lied.

Look I understand the concept of open ES, I have no problem if they want to add 60 more but why lied??? This statue is so good, they will sell this, no need to lie.

They also said the same thing with Wolf Predator LSF, Atheris asked on facebook if Sideshow will stop the production after the first batch is sell out despite being an open ES and they said yes, Sideshow rep also confirmed it on SF, and they were right a few days later that statue was put on a waitlist. So if all of sudden they found 60 more on wolf predator lsf should we just accept they lie because after all this is an open ES??? :dunno

that's shady business from Sideshow

I'm only buying this statue because it's the best Wolverine ever but I agree they've been making some bad moves recently

Folks...business have always manipulated consumers in order to increase demand for their product. You can classify it as lying or cheating...but the bottom line the manipulation of consumers in order to increase sales for a business is common every day occurrence.

And before we jump all over Sideshow for lying, cheating, and/or being unethical. How many of our fellow collectors jumped all over that Avenger Promo attempting to buy this piece knowing full well it was a promotion targeted at new customers? How many folks created bogus accounts in order to create the illusion they were qualified new customers? I bet most of those folks did not consider their actions as "cheating" Sideshow. They would have been very comfortable accepting a $500 discount they were not entitled to, and then blame Sideshow for allowing the transaction to go through in the first place.

Businesses manipulate customers, and customers try to manipulate businesses. I wish we lived in a world where businesses, business owners, and customers told the truth and did the right thing at all times. But we all know that is not the case. The best we can do is take the knowledge we have accumulated on Sideshow's business practices, and try to make informed purchasing decisions.

You are right, we live in that kind of world unfortunately, but it doesn't mean businesses or customers can't try to be better. So since we live in that kind of world should we all cheat our tax??? No, right??? We want to file our tax as accurate as possible. My point is whether customers or businesses even though we all live in that kind of world it doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't try to avoid cheating/lying.

Lying to customers openly on social media is not right and looks bad on them period. I hope Sideshow realized that and try not to make the same mistake again in the future if they really have an integrity.

I am sure Sideshow feel cheated too when old customers intentionally used that avengers code. If they don't want to be cheated/lied, don't cheat and lie to your customers.

#1 rule in life should be treat others as you want to be treated (this rule should apply for both businesses and customers). If everyone follow that rule or at least try to follow that rule in our best ability, we would live in a much better world.

Last edited:
You are right, we live in that kind of world unfortunately, but it doesn't mean businesses or customers can't try to be better. So since we live in that kind of world should we all cheat our tax??? No, right??? we want to file our tax as accurate as possible. My point is whether customers or businesses even though we all live in that kind of world it doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't try to avoid cheating/lying.

Lying to customers openly on social media is not right and looks bad on them period. I hope Sideshow realized that and try not to make the same mistake again in the future if they really have an integrity.

I am sure Sideshow feel cheated too when old customers intentionally used that avengers code. If they don't want to be cheated/lied, don't cheat and lie to your customers.

#1 rule in life should be treat others as you want to be treated. If everyone follow that rule we would live in a much better world.

Tell that to Google, Starbucks, Amazon etc.

Hi
Here's the response from sideshow

@collectsideshow: @84antman No, if I had to guess, we probably had ppl cancel their orders so they moved back in the system. Better chance for more ppl. =) -S

Looks like its just cancellations :)

Why would they stop producing what seems to be a very popular piece when other 'limited edition' figures are still available years later?
Sounds like BS to me but as said buy if you want it and don't if you don't.
It's not like anyone's forcing you :cuckoo:

Hi

@collectsideshow: @84antman No, if I had to guess, we probably had ppl cancel their orders so they moved back in the system. Better chance for more ppl. =) -S

LoL ...that's total bs. The waitlist was fake, they know it, collectors know it....SS doesn't care. That's how big business works.

SS seems to be almost as shady as dealing with these custom statue makers in the Philipines. Between the lies, delays, over pricing and QC...they're the same people in my book.

Chris

Hi

:lol That's just like me tweeting: if I had to guess, this person probably has no clue what Sideshow is doing, she/he probably doesn't work for Sideshow.

Noticed the words guess and probably? If I tweet that, I don't know for a fact whether or not this person has a clue or whether or not she/he works for Sideshow. I am just simply guessing.

60 cancellations in a couple of weeks with 400 NRD, oh please. Some people may choose to believe that but I happen to choose not to :lol

Last edited:
LoL ...that's total bs. The waitlist was fake, they know it, collectors know it....SS doesn't care. That's how big business works.

SS seems to be almost as shady as dealing with these custom statue makers in the Philipines. Between the lies, delays, over pricing and QC...they're the same people in my book.

Chris

The only difference is Sideshow makes better statues than those statue makers in Philipines :lol

Btw Chris, did you re-order Wolf Predator LSF after you found out from Facebook that they will not make anymore Wolf LSF after the first batch is sold out? Do you think they are telling the truth at least for that statue? Or do you expect 60 more Wolf LSF will pop up in the future due to "cancellations"? :rotfl

You are right, we live in that kind of world unfortunately, but it doesn't mean businesses or customers can't try to be better. So since we live in that kind of world should we all cheat our tax??? No, right??? We want to file our tax as accurate as possible. My point is whether customers or businesses even though we all live in that kind of world it doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't try to avoid cheating/lying.

#1 rule in life should be treat others as you want to be treated (this rule should apply for both businesses and customers). If everyone follow that rule or at least try to follow that rule in our best ability, we would live in a much better world.

Again...I would love to live in a world where individuals or businesses always told the truth, and always did the right thing. Welcome to the real world...welcome to the world where businesses walk a fine line between lying and persuasion. You can spend all day dreaming about a world where businesses never lie or exaggerate, or you can learn to live and function in the real world.

Also, I was really puzzled by your response regarding the Avenger's code. You indicated "if they don't want to be cheated/lied, don't lie and cheat to your customers". So the actions of everyone who fraudulently attempted to use the Avengers code was justified because Sideshow lied first? You want to crucify Sideshow for lying and being unethical, but you give the individuals who attempted to willingly defraud Sideshow a free pass?? What about your #1 rule of treating others as you want to be treated? Sounds like you really believe in the philosophy of "an eye for an eye".

At the end of the day, you have every right to complain about Sideshow "lying" to customers. But I'm willing to bet all of Sideshow's lying will not prevent you from buying their products. I'm not excusing Sideshow's actions, but I do wonder why people so vehemently complain about Sideshow (be it QC, egg shell statues, lying about ES) yet still continue to spend their hard earned money on their products? The only conclusion I can come to is that all the ranting on the boards regarding Sideshow's business practices is not as bad it appears. Bottom line...as long as Sideshow continues to give their addicts our monthly, quarterly or semi-annual fix, we will tolerate the lying, quality control issues, and manipulation of product levels.

Also, I was really puzzled by your response regarding the Avenger's code. You indicated "if they don't want to be cheated/lied, don't lie and cheat to your customers". So the actions of everyone who fraudulently attempted to use the Avengers code was justified because Sideshow lied first? You want to crucify Sideshow for lying and being unethical, but you give the individuals who attempted to willingly defraud Sideshow a free pass?? What about your #1 rule of treating others as you want to be treated? Sounds like you really believe in the philosophy of "an eye for an eye".

Oh wow you really missunderstood my comment :slap

Which part that I said I am giving the customers who cheated Sideshow with that code a free pass??? I don't support that action at all, I believe whoever used that code intentionally knowing that code is for a new customer only is WRONG.

All I was saying is I bet Sideshow felt cheated when a customer like that used that code that was created not for them and they did make an action by cancelling those orders who were not qualified. So I said if they don't want to be cheated/lied they should also try not to lie to their customers (treat others as you want to be treated).

If I don't want my stuff to be stolen, I better not to steal other people stuff (again treat others as you want to be treated).

Not sure why it's so hard to understand here :dunno

So this is back up on the SS site. ****, temptation kicks back in :lol

Tell me about it buddy. I was considering ordering but I did some digging and with shipping, tax and the inevitable custom charges I'd be looking at just to high a price.

So I am gonna hold out and maybe a few years down the road I'll get a LSF.

Back