1/6 With new pricing firmly in place, how many of you are out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With new pricing firmed up, are you done?

• Price is too much too fast, quality is not proven

Votes: 80 54.4%
  • Price is acceptable for what is offered

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Havent decided, will wait for more releases/prices to form a better opinion

Votes: 53 36.1%

• Total voters
I will continue to buy whatever the hell I want, for whatever the hell price it takes to get it. That said, this is all I want.

Luke & Leia
Tarkin
R5-D4
Power Droid
Walrus Man

Hoth Leia
2-1b
Hoth Rebel

Skiff Guard Lando
Ree Yees
Squidhead
Jedi Luke

Count Dooku

Jawas and Ugnaughts would be cool, last three bounty hunters would be cool, Rebo band would be cool, and I'm probably in for a HT Vader as well.

Last edited:
As much as i hate to say it, if ssc charged 250 at the start of the year for grevious, with all of his research and development since around 2011, why are so many collectors on here overwhelmed that 3-po would fall in a similar price bracket. Grevious definately has more articulation and accessories, but it's taken all this time, approx 8 years, for sideshow to be ready to release 3-po. I imagine a great deal of engineering has been invested in him before he ever saw the light of day, and so, would be reflected in his pricing

8 years in development? If this is true, then ssc imho is a vastly incompetent company that are charging mega $$$ for their incompetence.

I think hes meaning its taken SS 8 years with the license to reach a point where C3PO could be done at a higher standard then Hasbro

I will continue to buy whatever the hell I want, for whatever the hell price it takes to get it. That said, this is all I want.

Luke & Leia
Tarkin
R5-D4
Power Droid
Walrus Man

Hoth Leia
2-1B

Skiff Guard Lando
Ree Yees
Squidhead
Jedi Luke

Count Dooku

Jawas and Ugnaughts would be cool, last three bounty hunters would be cool, Rebo band would be cool, and I'm probably in for a HT Vader as well.

:exactly::lecture

Except Dooku, this is exactly my want list.:thud:

Well... except Ree Yees because I just made one.:lol

Kenner is my guiding star, but at the same time, I wasn't a fan of every Kenner figure. These, and what's already out, cover my favorites.

Also, goddamnit...I forgot a Hoth Rebel.

I think hes meaning its taken SS 8 years with the license to reach a point where C3PO could be done at a higher standard then Hasbro

Thankyou, sir
I'm not happy about paying the current prices, but i can understand them in relation to certain figures and the development required to produce them.

Kenner is my guiding star, but at the same time, I wasn't a fan of every Kenner figure. These, and what's already out, cover my favorites.

Also, goddamnit...I forgot a Hoth Rebel.

Dayum - forgot that too - that's the other top-of-the-list for me. That would be probably the best SW military figure Sideshow could ever do. I hope there's enough common elements from Luke Hoth to make it happen and the Reb Commdo rifle and backpack is sort-of accurate and reusable.

I also just finished an Echo Base rebel custom (basically a 1/6 version of the Hasbro figure) but the trenches Hoth rebel soldier would be the ultimate.

A Sideshow Death Star Droid is never going to happen for ten different reasons so I don't bother to mention that.:lol

Luke & Leia
Tarkin
R5-D4
Power Droid
Walrus Man

Hoth Leia
2-1b
Hoth Rebel

Skiff Guard Lando
Ree Yees
Squidhead
Jedi Luke

Count Dooku

I will cut one meal a day for this list, Whatever the price.

I will continue to buy whatever the hell I want, for whatever the hell price it takes to get it. That said, this is all I want ... [snip list]

Have sort of the same mindset, but my wants are fewer still. In spite of an expanded list due to increased interest in HT product and so on, there was always an end-game in sight to my collection such as it is.

I want:

SSC R2
SSC C3PO (Probably, anyway. Not a completist so if I don't like the production model or lose interest, don't need it.)

HT Stormtroopers

Not yet announced/made:

Snowspeeder Luke (SSC or HT doesn't matter as helmet will stay on anyway.)
HT Sandtroopers (I assume they'll take crack at these; my Marmits are more than good enough if they don't)

I'd probably be interested in Jawas or maybe a HT Vader.

Even still, that's a lot of money (especially with squad building) and space. Were I a completist I'd draw the line and say I'm out; every high-end figure entails opportunity cost in experiences one could have instead...travel, dining out, design or art objects, events etc..

If my curated collection as-is stops at 20 figures...I haven't had time to average out all the prices for customs, lower priced releases and current pricing but it still looks like around $4000.00 ... and that's for a modest collection by board standards...well...I can't speak to anyone's income and preferences other than my own, but that's right about where I draw the line.

I'm (mostly) priced out as of now and have been most of this year honestly.

Looks like I have just ordered my last Sideshow figure last friday, the Probe Droid (locally in Europe for around $300). I was going to go for the Scout (equivalent of $240, FYI the bike is ~$370) but the way things are I might save up and get whatever Hot Toys have coming instead. They (HT) are equally expensive but I have Sideshow clones released this year that have worthless P O S bodies that can't stand on their own without a stand and can't hold their arms out weapons in hand without the arms dropping from their own weight. The Sideshow Deluxe Vader cost me the equivalent of $315 and still I had to spend a lot more to get it up to par.

If I buy Hot Toys at least I feel pretty confident that the bodies used are some of the best in the business and have been for a long time. Also the HT's can be had from Hong Kong for a little cheaper. Even so, I was going to get the HT ED-209 and at least one of the Robocops but with the rubber debacle I decided to skip the entire thing and that would probably have been a necessity anyway as I wouldn't be able to keep up with the costs.

So, I guess I will still be getting a few figures now and then. I'm not completely burned out since I only got into this less than two years ago but the fever has gone down quite a bit since then.

While I selected the first option in the pool (too much too fast, w/o proven quality) I'm still not out.

I'm just moving more into the "selective" category... X-Wing Luke is a figure I really, really want; but for the price amount included I just can't justify $240. But with C-3PO even though he's about as bare-bones as you can get I see more value in him being a unique body and all the R&D that went into him, even though I'm sure he'll be re-used a few times.

So I'm still a supporter of the Sideshow series, but I will pass on some exclusives now and just wait for either a good deal from Sideshow (like they did this year with Spook) or buy one after the secondary market prices dip.

I'll never be priced out.

But my collection -- and my shelf "needs" -- will certainly shrink. I've already cut down what I want to display to compensate for the price surge.

I'll never be priced out.

But my collection -- and my shelf "needs" -- will certainly shrink. I've already cut down what I want to display to compensate for the price surge.

That is exactly how I look at it. A few years ago, I was a completest. As prices bumped, I decided I didn't need all the clones, but would selectively grab those I felt I couldn't live without. I'll just continue to narrow my list of what I must have (understanding that this is a hobby and I don't really "need" any of it)...

yep same here. just sold off my pt collection for $3,000 and just sticking to ot to cut down on cost and space. I have yoda`s hut coming so im glad for that and the spook codes this year bought the cantina`s band nook

I'm not even going to say I will limit my purchases to core characters. I am not getting Luke X-Wing Pilot because I find it overpriced. I pre-ordered R2D2 but am going to wait on C3P0 because of price. I guess what I am saying is that I will be doing a lot less pre-ordering and quite a bit less ordering. If I can't adjust the price with discounts, I will likely not buy.

Nope not out by a long shot. I control what I buy and I only get what I want and can afford. If it's 5 figures a year or it's one I'm still happy to own some of these figures and between HT an SS the choices out there now are better than ever.

Plus with a little patience you might get some of these figures cheaper with a coupon or sale down the road.

Back