1/6 With new pricing firmly in place, how many of you are out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With new pricing firmed up, are you done?

• Price is too much too fast, quality is not proven

Votes: 80 54.4%
  • Price is acceptable for what is offered

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Havent decided, will wait for more releases/prices to form a better opinion

Votes: 53 36.1%

• Total voters
So I was counting my Hot Toys funds last night (naked in my bed :wink1:) and it appears I have about $620 in my “1/6 piggy bank”. Which breaks down to two Hot Toys action figures…….eeeehhh!! I have Chewbacca down for a “100% purchase”. Which leaves the rest for most likely Robocop (might have to pass on BD Robo. I see more value in the regular). Its good and bad I guess. Good because you hold out for the best possible purchase for you collection. Bad because...you can feel it might be harder to keep up in the years to come!! Would still love to have Batman Returns, Penguin and “maybe” Ripley down the road. Any HT Star Wars outside Chewbacca is pretty much....No.

I think I have officially taken R2 D2 out of my list.

It really is. Think I'm going to start really restricting from here on out, though. I'm going to go a little crazy with the HT ANH and Imperial stuff (basically Scouts and Bike will be it, though) but after that, I'll be picking and choosing what I grab from ESB and ROTJ. Unless the new movies are insanely good and really resonate with me, I won't be buying any figures from them.

My biggest worry, with so many items scheduled to hit nest year, is that i will have a hard time saving funds for The Force Awakens figures coming in 2016.

unless they add this kind of item to their Christmas wish list, I have no idea either.

original.jpg

With the recent growing interest in 3D printers, I heard those old 2D cash printers really dropped in price.

I want one.

I wonder if kids will just start printing their own action figures? And gone will be the overpriced "collectors" figures.

Its right back to "army men"...

Don't know if printing it's own figures is in the cards but I'm really looking forward to see what can be done in terms of collectibles in the coming years. Current funding campaigns (as seen on Indiegogo) to create smaller scales environments are a promising start.

I could see a future where you "buy" a program that will print the exact character you want. The better the print, the more expensive the "program". Maybe they will even call it "buying a license" since you may be able to print a limited amount or number of figures before the "program" stops working.

Don't know if printing it's own figures is in the cards but I'm really looking forward to see what can be done in terms of collectibles in the coming years. Current funding campaigns (as seen on Indiegogo) to create smaller scales environments are a promising start.

In my line of work I use 3D printing; currently looking into feasibility of small to medium batch production of action figures. Pretty sure I'll have to outsource and front some serious small business funding, though.

Well, their markets in China ... they don't have to pay shipping or wait as long for figures. its not like if the US sees a bit of a slump it will hurt them that much.

In reply to the original question, I'm just getting into sixth scale so no chance I'm getting out already. Quality has gotten so good, first figure that piqued my interest was the snowtrooper. At the time I told myself it looks amazing but way too expensive to start up with this scale.

In reply to the original question, I'm just getting into sixth scale so no chance I'm getting out already. Quality has gotten so good, first figure that piqued my interest was the snowtrooper. At the time I told myself it looks amazing but way too expensive to start up with this scale.

Ha! And now look at how much they sell for!!! I'd love another but I paid too much for the one I have. But he is well done and pretty badass.

Ha! And now look at how much they sell for!!! I'd love another but I paid too much for the one I have. But he is well done and pretty badass.

I finally caved when I saw the Hoth Han photos and over the summer grabbed the Probe Droid figuring that'd be great with Han. Then right around that time that Chinese ebay seller suddenly had the snowtroopers for $179 so I grabbed one figuring I'd never have a better chance at one. Then I couldn't have the snowtrooper and not the e-web. So that's pretty much where I am now -- along with a half-dozen or so pre-orders.

Back