1/6 With new pricing firmly in place, how many of you are out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With new pricing firmed up, are you done?

• Price is too much too fast, quality is not proven

Votes: 80 54.4%
  • Price is acceptable for what is offered

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Havent decided, will wait for more releases/prices to form a better opinion

Votes: 53 36.1%

• Total voters
Neither of those are sideshow, though, and are both well beyond the new pricing everyone is freaking out over. :lol
Isn't the new price jump just on Sideshow figures so far? None of the HT figure prices seemed all that surprising and Chewbacca seems like a bargain.
That wasn't the point I was making. :lol

Just saying I haven't bought a 1/6 scale figure in around three years.

---

*EDIT*

Allow me to correct myself - I bought Tamashii 3PO in March of last year. :duh :lol

Last edited:
I'm waiting on the figure that both Sideshow and Hot Toys makes so we can do a comparison. It will probably be the Jedi Luke. That's a figure that should have a good number of accessories. Ones that I can come up with now:

1. Cloak

2. Blaster

3. Normal hand

4. Damaged hand

5. Gloved hand

6. Endor poncho

I'm already leaning Hot Toys. But scale will matter too. Unless Hot Toys makes a Speederbike as well.

First figure we'll get to compare is ANH Han. It wouldn't be fair to Sideshow though as their own will be 8 years old next year.

Bad or good timing?
I just jumped into the 1/6th SW line.
I like Hot Toys and what they do so the Stormtroopers are a no brainer. I didn't like the older clones but these new ones look WAY better!
Don't know about future HT or SS figures. Will depend on what I like at this point.
I know HT will not make EVERYTHING I want. But will pic up a nice piece.

I been out of the SS game for awhile not because of price moreso quality. While the new stuff looks better still not sold on their product.

In terms of HT, I have Bespin Luke which by today's pricing was a steal. I pre-ordered both of the new combo packs and will wait n see like everyone else. I primarily buy HT therefore, I am confident they'll deliver. If not always Iminime but that is even more expensive....

Now that Hot Toys is doing Star Wars, I am Pretty much out for SS Human Figures. Hoth Luke and Han will be the Benchmark by which I will or will not Continue with SS. But with the prices practically on Par with Hot Toys, and their quality Lacking, it's a pretty easy choice. But I definitely agree with those who say they will be way more picky about their future purchases.

The Star Wars figures are my first 1/6 articulated figures I have purchased. Until now I have tried to avoid the 1/6 collectibles even though there have been some outstanding offerings, but this year I jumped in headfirst. The only ones I have on hand are the 212 Trooper and the Probe droid if that counts. Today I used my available RP to cut the price in half and pre-ordered C-3P0, and I used a $20 coupon code to pre-order the Tauntaun. I also have Hoth Han and Luke, R2D2 and Chewie on PO.

I will get any Leia figures that are released, and perhaps a Lando and Obi Wan. After that I will probably be done, just want my fix of OT characters unless something really grabs my attention.

I am worried that if they release an Endor Leia I will want that speeder bike, but it will be long sold out by then.

I'm hoping we get $100 coupons and biggest black friday sales ever.

I will get any Leia figures that are released, and perhaps a Lando and Obi Wan. After that I will probably be done, just want my fix of OT characters unless something really grabs my attention.

Yes, this. VERY much.

Two headsculpts. One serious, one saying "You are absolutely beautiful. You TRULY belong with us amongst the clouds."

I never bought any SSC Star Wars figures, mainly because I didn't get into the hobby till a few years ago. I'm tempted to get the C3PO and R2D2 because they do look great, however I'm thinking of just sticking with HT considering they are producing figures from each movie and they will likely do their own versions of the robots.

I'm not a compleist either, so I don't need every figure from the Star Wars universe. But I want the main ones and there are certainty plenty of them across all films.

I've been making my way to the exit for awhile. I was an exclusive completist from Jedi Luke through 2009. As prices continued rising I started buying non-exclusives. Then started cherry picking. Of course, once you give up completism, it just gets easier and easier to pass, especially when prices continue rising from each figure to the next. Ended up selling off most of the collection and refocused on the OT and OT characters that were in the PT (and I guess now in the ST). I had justified in my head how I could update the core humans with HT versions given the thousands of dollars I've sold on eBay. But when pricing on Han was announced it dampened my enthusiasm. Had they nailed it and given us a mini Harrison maybe it would have been more of a struggle for me, but the semi-likeness makes it easier to call my $65 Han Smuggler good enough. I was thinking I'd pick up Han/Luke/Leia/Stormtrooper to represent EP7, but when I stop and think that's going to be $1000... assuming the figures are still ONLY $230 by then... I realize that it doesn't feel like fun anymore. I've got R2, 3PO, Chewie, and Biker Scout on PO, and have Royal Guard on my hope-they-do list. I'm a sucker for Vader and will get likely get HT's version(s). I'd probably cave for an updated Luke Jedi. Other than that I can see me doing one or two figures each for EP7-8-9 and then calling it done.

It will be interesting to compare the upcoming HT Kenobi and Vader to current SS prices. I think Kenobi and X-wing Luke should compare very closely in terms of what they will come with.

I'm probably out for good just because I can't afford to keep up with all the things I want. I don't have any ill will towards HT or Sideshow. Expensive luxury items are what they are. :)

Don't quit, just get one or two pieces and make a very simple, nicely stated display. Ben and Vader alone would be a fine Star Wars display.

I don't understand the "if I can't have them all I'm out" opinions out there.

I don't want everything, but I do get scenarios in my head. For instance, I'd like all the Sideshow Hoth pieces. But I probably won't be able to swing it when they are released, or at least won't feel good about using that amount of money towards them. I totally acknowledge that's MY problem. But it's how I feel, so I'd rather not be frustrated. I'll continue to admire these pieces from afar and maybe I'll come around. But for now I'm just being realistic.

I don't want everything, but I do get scenarios in my head. For instance, I'd like all the Sideshow Hoth pieces. But I probably won't be able to swing it when they are released, or at least won't feel good about using that amount of money towards them. I totally acknowledge that's MY problem. But it's how I feel, so I'd rather not be frustrated. I'll continue to admire these pieces from afar and maybe I'll come around. But for now I'm just being realistic.

I myself love Hoth also but will also be giving them up most likely. I can't justify Luke, Han, inevitable Leia, Snowtrooper, Probot. Too much just to cover the Snow Location. But I could see maybe getting one piece -- like I have the Snowtrooper -- to represent that place.

I'd like to get Luke Hoth but even if the sculpt is good, its useless to use anywhere else because the inner cap is sculpted on.

Back