Whose portrayal of Batman is your favorite?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite portrayal of Batman?

• Adam West

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • Michael Keaton

Votes: 58 29.7%
  • Val Kilmer

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • George Clooney

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Christian bale

Votes: 108 55.4%

• Total voters
It's trendy to hate on Bale Bats ever since TDKR didn't meet expectations, but many folks seem to forget just how good his portrayal was a few years earlier in Begins.

I wasn't a fan of him or his voice in Begins, either. The trilogy definitely had its high points, but for me, it always lacked a certain something.

He's exactly right though, it's "trendy" for everyone to hate on Bale.

I'm not being trendy... I've hated his portrayal since Begins, hell I hate Ledgers as well.

Although, I used to get attacked immediately when I used to say these things... not much anymore though.

Maybe, but my point is, some of us don't 'hate on him because it's trendy,' some of us genuinely didn't care for his performance, from the beginning.

I feel like the Dark Knight trilogy enjoys the same luxury as the Arkham games - there could definitely be a much better, or more fitting, Batman movie or game, in the hands of the right people, but since we've historically gotten such bad ones, anything that is average, slightly above average, doesn't suck, or is serviceable, is lauded as the best thing since Citizen Kane and Super Mario.

Last edited:

Which is why these "trendy" cycles are utter bull****

Now is the time to climb on the Hate Nolan/Bale bandwagon apparently...makes me laugh all the more:lol

Which is why these "trendy" cycles are utter bull****

Now is the time to climb on the Hate Nolan/Bale bandwagon apparently...makes me laugh all the more:lol

:exactly:All you have to say is that it was never a trend and you "Genuinely" hate Bales Batman since the beginning. :lol

Maybe, but my point is, some of us don't 'hate on him because it's trendy,' some of us genuinely didn't care for his performance, from the beginning.

I feel like the Dark Knight trilogy enjoys the same luxury as the Arkham games - there could definitely be a much better, or more fitting, Batman movie or game, in the hands of the right people, but since we've historically gotten such bad ones, anything that is average, slightly above average, doesn't suck, or is serviceable, is lauded as the best thing since Citizen Kane and Super Mario.

You can try and say you're not being "trendy" all you want but You were all aboard promoting cucumberbatch for Batman and you had about 30+ posts saying why he was PERFECT :lol. And then the moment Affleck is announced, you have an Affleck avatar.

You can try and say you're not being "trendy" all you want but You were all aboard promoting cucumberbatch for Batman and you had about 30+ posts saying why he was PERFECT :lol. And then the moment Affleck is announced, you have an Affleck avatar.

Because it was reeeeal trendy to propose Cumberbatch for Batman. As I recall, only two or three people supported me on that. Yeah, real trendy.

I have the Affleck avatar because I support whoever gets the part and want them to give us the best performance possible, and to irritate the haters, who have all jumped on the trendy bandwagon to oppose Affleck, despite the fact that all of their crying will do no good, not because he was my choice, or because I believe he will be the best Batman ever. Both times, I supported the unpopular option. How am I being trendy, again?

Last edited:
I think it's trendy to hate on Affleck and say that Bale was better, hence the poll results but what do I know.

Anyway, Keaton is my favorite

Keaton for me.

On Bale though, people do realize that Batman disguises his voice in the comics, right? Now, while I freely admit Bale overdid it at times, his performance is close to how I imagined it in the comics.

I wish I could remember the comic but I remember it once being described as 'dead weight being dragged across gravel.' Or something very similar.

Sounds about right to me.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

:horror

I loved his look as Batman and Bruce. Script is script and theres only so much to be done with it, but I think he caught the essence of bats pretty damn well.

Sorry. he can't hold a candle to adam west, let alone kevin conroy.

He was on ok bruce. Keaton was a better bruce. neither of them was a good batman, though bale was slightly better.

MY hopes are pinned on Batfleck.

I think it's trendy to hate on Affleck and say that Bale was better, hence the poll results but what do I know.

:exactly:
This same poll post Affleck's first attempt will have Affleck at the lead with the still chaffed Nolan fanboys voting Bale a mid-range second. People loved Keaton before Bale and Reeve before Cavill. This new generation is largely douchy by nature feeling compelled to **** talk a previous version to justify (or overcome their guilt for) liking the new version.

This same poll post Affleck's first attempt will have Affleck at the lead with the still chaffed Nolan fanboys voting Bale a mid-range second. People loved Keaton before Bale and Reeve before Cavill. This new generation is largely douchy by nature feeling compelled to **** talk a previous version to justify (or overcome their guilt for) liking the new version.

:lecture

Sadly, it's a cycle that's bound to repeat. People will like Affleck when they finally see him on screen. He'll then garner a fanbase that refuses to accept anyone other than him as Batman. And they'll hate the "new guy" when he's ready to replace Affleck.

I'm sure that Chrisitan Bale will be a distant memory by then, except for the hardcore Nolanites :lol.

wait so are you okay with Affleck being Batman?

Why would he not be? He hasn't seen him as Batman. No one has. You can't judge him until you see what he does with the character.

Back