Whose portrayal of Batman is your favorite?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite portrayal of Batman?

• Adam West

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • Michael Keaton

Votes: 58 29.7%
  • Val Kilmer

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • George Clooney

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Christian bale

Votes: 108 55.4%

• Total voters
:exactly:
This same poll post Affleck's first attempt will have Affleck at the lead with the still chaffed Nolan fanboys voting Bale a mid-range second. People loved Keaton before Bale and Reeve before Cavill. This new generation is largely douchy by nature feeling compelled to **** talk a previous version to justify (or overcome their guilt for) liking the new version.

So true man.. so true. :lol

I was just curious what Nam thought about it. :dunno :monkey3

Yeah there's nothing wrong with that question. We all have our expectations, what nam said about that cycle is totally true and even though I don't believe that Affleck was a result of inspired casting there will still be an army of defenders just because he's new and more and more people are gonna talk about how Bale was missing batman characteristics and mannerisms. The truth is, I think anyone who says Keaton is smart, not because I agree with them, but because I can see that they are at least not part of that cycle.

wait so are you okay with Affleck being Batman?

I actually think it's a clever choice. He personifies the playboy aspect (just as much if not better than Clooney did - who I thought was a perfect cast in a **** movie), and Daredevil showed he can pull off the cowl and physicality of the role. It really all depends on the script. My only concern is him not sticking around long, regardless of how many he signed on for.

I actually think it's a clever choice. He personifies the playboy aspect (just as much if not better than Clooney did - who I thought was a perfect cast in a **** movie), and Daredevil showed he can pull off the cowl and physicality of the role. It really all depends on the script. My only concern is him not sticking around long, regardless of how many he signed on for.

My biggest concern is that I'm not going to be able to see anyone but Ben Affleck without and under the cowl. Also, he's going to be taller than superman. That's going to look weird but whatever. And even worse, I think that this casting decision was made more for money purposes which worries me about the movie. I think I'd be less concerned if they casted him after a few bad movies 5-7 years ago. Right now it seems like the only thing he brings to the table that the others don't is money in terms of production. He's filling a void for WB. They should have started with a fresher actor. How exciting would that be? and we would know that they had a vision. I think WB thinks Ben Affleck is safe bet and therefore if the role diminishes a little, that's okay. The reality is Ben isn't going to blow it, he's not gonna rock it either. He's going to be okay and people will rave over him until the next one comes along and suddenly everyone will condemn him because he's not anything special. That's why the daredevil movie is so important, because we kinda already know what we're getting and honestly he wasn't horrible, but I would rather see someone else do it. Idk who cares at this point it's going to get rebooted anway.

People take superhero movies much more seriously nowadays but they don't respect the process at all and Batman is just the latest victim of this enormous hollywood cash-in. 5 years ago, to suggest that an actor who played one superhero would play another was ludicrous. But now it's like "who's playing him this week?" Anyway, sorry for the rant.

In Affleck's defense, he actually looks the part better than any actor who's played Batman in live action yet.

My biggest concern is that I'm not going to be able to see anyone but Ben Affleck without and under the cowl. Also, he's going to be taller than superman. That's going to look weird but whatever. And even worse, I think that this casting decision was made more for money purposes which worries me about the movie. I think I'd be less concerned if they casted him after a few bad movies 5-7 years ago. Right now it seems like the only thing he brings to the table that the others don't is money in terms of production. He's filling a void for WB. They should have started with a fresher actor. How exciting would that be? and we would know that they had a vision. I think WB thinks Ben Affleck is safe bet and therefore if the role diminishes a little, that's okay. The reality is Ben isn't going to blow it, he's not gonna rock it either. He's going to be okay and people will rave over him until the next one comes along and suddenly everyone will condemn him because he's not anything special. That's why the daredevil movie is so important, because we kinda already know what we're getting and honestly he wasn't horrible, but I would rather see someone else do it. Idk who cares at this point it's going to get rebooted anway.

People take superhero movies much more seriously nowadays but they don't respect the process at all and Batman is just the latest victim of this enormous hollywood cash-in. 5 years ago, to suggest that an actor who played one superhero would play another was ludicrous. But now it's like "who's playing him this week?" Anyway, sorry for the rant.

Let's be honest here. After Nolan's toilet that was TDKR, there's nowhere to go but up for Batman. I think Affleck presents a logical choice in the same vein as RDJ did. He fits the role, has the wherewithal to carry the weight of a franchise (for how long is the worry), and the know how to actually not only be great in front of the camera, but behind it as well. He also has an appreciation for the character too, which is a bonus.

Let's be honest here. After Nolan's toilet that was TDKR, there's nowhere to go but up for Batman. I think Affleck presents a logical choice in the same vein as RDJ did. He fits the role, has the wherewithal to carry the weight of a franchise (for how long is the worry), and the know how to actually not only be great in front of the camera, but behind it as well. He also has an appreciation for the character too, which is a bonus.

:exactly::goodpost:

Let's be honest here. After Nolan's toilet that was TDKR, there's nowhere to go but up for Batman.
:lol

I was never really a fan of Affleck's - although I'm unashamedly a big fan of the DD film, but I've not had a problem with the Batman news since day one. :huh :lol

As Nam says - he fits. Like it or not nerdlingers.. he actually fits more than adequately in principle alone. :lol

Back